Essay PreviewMore ↓
First, when fishing, equipment is very important. It would not be prudent to bring knife to a gunfight, and fishing is just the same. When catching 500 lb. swordfish in saltwater it is important to not bring an ultra-light fly rod. The first step to having the correct equipment is identifying the species to be targeted. Let’s say the target is black bass. Then it id important to have a bait-casting reel with 15 to 20 lb. test line, and a heavy action rod with plenty of length for good hook set. Now I’m not saying it is impossible to catch a bass on lighter tackle, and there is probably fun to be had doing it as well. It is just that this is the most efficient way. Lures and or bait are also extremely important pieces of equipment when fishing. Some examples of lures for black bass would be spinners, jigs, plastic worms, top-water lures, and buzz baits. Bait for black bass fishing would be live minnows, crawfish, or worms, and some dead baits work too such as cut pieces of shad.
Once all the equipment has been taken care of, the location is the next concern. Fishing in a puddle in the driveway will not be very productive. The location will depend on what kind of fish one wants to catch. Once a species has been determined, a location should be easy to find. Again let’s say the target is black bass. Several types of bass can be caught in fresh water creeks, lakes, rivers, and ponds up to certain latitudes. Any of these fresh water sources should hold bass if it has been stocked, if it has a tributary, or if it has been established for a number of years. It is important to make sure that the location you are fishing has the type of fish you are fishing for.
Weather plays a key role in whether or not fish will be caught. Wind affects the distance and direction that the lure or bait can be cast. It is very difficult to cast with any accuracy in a high wind.
How to Cite this Page
"Fishing." 123HelpMe.com. 15 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Deep sea fishing is an exciting sport that many people from all walks of life can enjoy all around the world. When I have the opportunity to partake in this sport it always gets my blood pumping, and I’m as excited as a little kid in a candy store. In my experience deep sea fishing is a sport of patience; one that can teach you a lot more about life other than just snagging a big fish if you allow yourself to see the beauty in it. Once you cast out your fishing line into the ocean, it can take just a few minutes, hours or even days to catch a fish.... [tags: Fishing, Fish, Ocean, Freshwater fish]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Fall Crappie Fishing The best fall crappie fishing success regardless of the season is had by realizing crappie always concentrate in areas providing the most comfortable living conditions. Concerning the fall crappie fishing season the transition from summer to autumn is jolting for both fish and also fishermen. Crappie find their world literally turned upside down. Anglers that fish these waters find their target more unpredictable than ever. Overcoming this seasonal challenge will require all the ability, knowledge and patience you are able to muster.... [tags: Water, Hydrology, Fishing, Angling]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction It has once been said that there is an unlimited supply of fish in the sea, and because the ocean is so big, it will be virtually impossible for it to be over fished. Currently the world’s population is around six billion people, and the demand for fish has never been higher. According to the video, “90% of big fish have been pulled from the ocean, leaving fisherman to compete over the remaining 10%.” Over fishing has lead to a severe decline in certain types of fish populations, mainly the larger, more expensive fish.... [tags: environment, fishing, water pollution]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Fishing contains a wide variety of physics. when you cast you are using projectile motion and rotational motion. when you hook a fish it will often use the drag from the current agenst you. Immagine draging a fish through a swift current. You deal with the tention of your line, and the friction of the line through the guides. you also deal with friction when you use a drag. Reels One of the key components of your fishing gear is the reel. http://www.eangler.com/eangler/proshop/reels.asp?shopby=D&dept_id=67&dept_image=reels.gif&pageheading=Reels&JEX=101025 These are spinning reels designed for smaller fish.... [tags: Physics Science Fish Fishing]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- The Fishing Industry in Gloucester Gloucester Massachusetts is known for its fishing industry. Over 1200 people’s jobs in Gloucester lay in the fishing industry. The fishing industry first derived when people from Europe came over looking for a better life. Gloucester is America’s oldest seaport, and now it is fighting to survive. Now with new rules, and diseases in the sea, the fishing industry will never be what it was decades ago. One of the earliest settlements, Gloucester, Massachusetts, is famous for being America's oldest seaport and the cradle of the country's fishing industry.... [tags: Fishing Massachusetts Industry]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Alaska Fly-Fishing Expedition: Case Study Assessment, risks and data has been deduced from extensive research into Alaska fly-fishing expeditions. 1. Risks analysis in the Alaska fly-fishing expedition: Risk Identification Personal hazards during expedition. E.g. Hypothermia due to exposure of bad weather temperatures for repeated periods. Injury to head, limbs and other parts through falling, slipping and carelessness on board the vessel. Injuries also sustained during moving, transporting or storing equipment The absence of immediate medical care and the likelihood that significant delays may occur before medical care when injured by equipment on the vessel or by their own careles... [tags: Fly Fishing Risks]
1944 words (5.6 pages)
- Fishing is an activity I have enjoyed doing ever since I was a little kid. In fact, one of my first fishing voyages was with my grandpa when I was about eight years old. He was an avid fisherman who went fishing almost every day and knew everything there was to know about fishing. Grandpa got me hooked on fishing. After Grandpa died, my dad picked up where Grandpa left off. We had a pontoon, and Dad took my brothers and me fishing whenever we had the chance. To this day, I still love fishing just as much as I had on my first fishing trip with my grandpa.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
1417 words (4 pages)
- The Physics of Fishing The use of a boat while fishing and some of the physics applicable to boating will be included in exploring the various ways physics applies to the sport of fishing. Other topics will include the fishing rod, fishing lure, casting, and the fish itself. The boat floats on the water according to Archimedes Principle which states an immersed object is buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the fluid it displaces. The force applied downwards by earth’s gravity coupled with the upward force of buoyancy allows the boat to float.... [tags: Physics ]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Fishing COMMERCIAL FISHING Commercial fishing is a worldwide enterprise that involves the capture of marine and freshwater fish and shellfish and their preparation for market. Fishing equipment ranges from small boats whose nets are cast and hauled in by hand to factory ships equipped with the most advanced technologies for finding, harvesting, and preparing huge amounts of fish. These large catches are very costly, however, not only in the price of their equipment and fuel, but also in the depletion of fishery resources their use brings about.... [tags: essays research papers]
2526 words (7.2 pages)
- For those who are curious about fishing, but never seem to have any luck, here are a few simple guidelines to follow which will have you reeling them in in no time. Catching fish can be really easy to do if one has the correct equipment, location, weather, and presentation. First, when fishing, equipment is very important. It would not be prudent to bring knife to a gunfight, and fishing is just the same. When catching 500 lb. swordfish in saltwater it is important to not bring an ultra-light fly rod.... [tags: essays research papers]
579 words (1.7 pages)
And finally presentation would have to be the most important aspect of fishing. Making a minnow swim like a crawfish will not catch any fish. Every bait or lure has its own best presentation. You must remember you are trying to fool the fish into biting the hook. If the lure or bait does not look convincing the fish will not bite.
I hope these few simple steps will have you catching your limit every trip. Just remember equipment, location, weather, and presentation are the keys to making a fishing trip easy and enjoyable.