Essay PreviewMore ↓
A t-shirt sits in my closet that brings back a certain for me. It’s a gray “Nike” shirt with a faded pink stain in the center of the chest. I always wear this same shirt every time I play paintball even though it’s too small. It’s my good luck shirt. I can remember when this same old shirt was relatively new………..
It was a hot humid morning when a few friends and myself drove into the parking lot of my favorite paintball field. We unpacked the car and found an unoccupied picnic table under the pavilion. We registered ourselves and suited up. I put on my camouflaged jumpsuit over my shorts and unstained gray t-shirt. The referees rounded all the players up and put us on teams, all of us were blue.
The first game was in a field the shape of a banana with a dogleg on one side and a dry creek bed as deep enough to provide good cover. I grouped up with two of my friends at our teams flag station and waited for the ref’s whistle. We waited for a minute in anxious silence, then the whistle blew we sprinted to the creek bed. The creek bed is about halfway across the field so we weren’t sure if the other team would get there first so we were all wary. Then we saw the creek bed. It was empty, for now. Five reds were almost as close to the bed as we were. They saw us and ducked for cover, we slid into the creek bed. I popped my safety in to the fire position and popped off about 20 shots into the group of reds, my teammates did the same. Four of the reds shouted, “HIT!!!” and walked off the field. One of my friends was hit in the clash and walked off the field. That left just two of us in the creek bed. We decided that we should go over the top and make a charge on the last red in front of us, we did and my friend got him. We charged down the sideline to get to the other teams flag. We made it about 50 yards before we saw anyone else, when we did it was all newbee’s and little kids (a newbee is a person who is still new to paintball, you can tell them apart by their rental equipment and lack of skill).
How to Cite this Page
"My Lucky Paintball Shirt: Journal Entry." 123HelpMe.com. 07 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Journal of a Titanic Passenger I am writing my first entry aboard this incredible vessel today, primarily because I have been spending the last three days exploring the sections open to my fellow third-class passengers and I. What I have seen is extraordinary, especially when first boarding the ship. The halls and staircases of the first class section were like nothing I had ever seen before in my life. They were blanketed in luxury from end to end. The first class passengers I had managed to see wore their best garments boarding the ship and were conversing with each other about their rich lives back home.... [tags: Journal Diary entry titanic Essays]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Paraphrasing: Paraphrasing is very similar to a summary, but instead of shortening what an author has said, a paraphrase is reworded. When paraphrasing, credit should always be given or it could be considered plagiarized. It is both a writing and reading strategy because it requires both of these. People need to read a piece of writing, then interpret and rewrite the author’s ideas. Paraphrasing is very useful when it comes to writing about a topic because it is saying something in a way that makes sense and is written to a particular audience.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Five paragraph essay, Writer]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Initial Journal Entry #3 This is a poem by Rev. Luther F. Beecher (1903): Gone from my Sight I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side, spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength. I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other. Then, someone at my side says, “There, she is gone. Gone where. Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast, hull and spar as she was when she left my side.... [tags: Afterlife, Death, Soul, Mind]
2013 words (5.8 pages)
- Wall of Silence Journal Entry 1 Before starting this course and before reading the first section of Wall of silence: The untold story of the medical mistakes that kill and injure millions of Americans, I did not have much awareness of medical errors. My awareness extends to hearing stories about medical utensils and supplies being left in patients after surgery or hearing stories of patient receiving the wrong dose of medication, but hearing stories about the extent of deaths related to medical errors left me astonished.... [tags: Health care provider, Patient, Iatrogenesis]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- JOURNAL ENTRY WEEK NINE PART A The five wishes or the advanced directive is a document that is created by the American Bar Associations commission on law an aging in collaborations with the law nation’s leading experts in the end of life care. American Association of Colleges of Nursing, (2011). The document talks about personal, spiritual, emotional as well as medical needs. The contents of this document explains the person that you will want to make health care decisions for, in case you are not able to do so, how you want to be treated in case you become severely ill, the type of medical treatment you want, how comfortable you want to be, how people should treat you and for the family... [tags: Health care provider, Patient, Medicine]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- Wall of Silence Journal Entry Two In today’s heath care, informatics and technology are a crucial part in tracking and improving patient care. Developing competencies through education enhances the nurse’s ability to provide safe and effective care in an environment where technology is progressing. Nursing has expanded to organizations that employ nursing informatics professionals and according to Kleib, Simpson, and Rhodes (2016), “nursing informatics professionals in executive leadership roles reported better clinical system processes and better overall quality of care for patients”.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Healthcare]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Journal Entry 4 Books and Media – Maria Luiza Perez Chavez Books one would say is what began the world of media, if not books then at least newspapers, but one thing is stories and the telling of them has been around since the beginning of time. We spend our lives telling stories; we can say that there is not a day we do not tell a story of some kind. The things we talk about have been around for centuries entertaining people and spreading around as myths and legends that some still listen to and preach today.... [tags: E-book, Book, Advertising, Public library]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Each week I have been writing in my identity journal and each time it seem to help answer the question of how do I identify who I am. In are world we identity are self in two ways who we really are and who we what other to believe we are. This is us wearing a mask. In week five and six we had to write our entry was a creative piece—a short story, poem, drawing, or other creative form explore issues of identity. This was for me a poem and a drawing that went with my drawing on how we all wear mask.... [tags: Journal, identity, ]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- The Very Last Journal Entry I just had an appointment for a philosophy student, probably my first one this semester. He was writing a paper and it was the exact same topic that I had had in my philosophy class last year. It was really nice to know exactly what to tell him since I had been through the same experience. Being a philosophy major, I know the type of writing that philosophy teachers like: papers with a very orderly structure and statements that are backed up heavily.... [tags: Papers]
340 words (1 pages)
- Mad Cow Disease Journal Entry January 6th, 2004 Garden Grove, California Dear Journal, Mother has just gotten back from the grocery store. She's loading up the refrigerator with chicken, fish, and eggs--no red meat once again. Oblivious to the complaints about father saying the risk to human health from Mad Cow Disease is low and that he has got to have his meat. What can I say. A man has got to have his red, red meat. It has only been less than a year since the World Reference Laboratory has confirmed that a cow killed in Alberta, Canada was tested positive for bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) also known as Mad Cow Disease among the public.... [tags: Pesonal Narrative Diary disease Essays]
897 words (2.6 pages)
Whenever I see the stain on my paintball t-shirt it makes me think of that game and that great charge!!