Essay PreviewMore ↓
But such heart-felt scene ended when the waves of the sea rushed towards the shore and washed the sand, leaving the sets of footprints unseen. Suddenly, the lovely sunset was covered with dark clouds and the soft breeze altered into a fierce wind. Heaven, then, became an illusion; the dream ended into a nightmare.
And the rock were both of them once dreamt was left alone, all alone...
When we fall in love, it is our great desire to let the feeling remain in hearts. Often, we feed this feeling by clinging to the other. Sometimes the demand for satisfaction is needed because of the fear of starving the heart. As we marvel towards the odyssey of our lives, we may pass to the point wherein our hearts become empty and longing. We feel the need to quench ourselves by seeking the oasis of love. Still, there are hearts that remain at lost and leave themselves to die and wither.
Many of us find it easy to play the melodies of love, but when things get rough and out of tune, we would actually avoid it and sometimes, go silent. There is also a tendency to give up and escape from the reality.
We must remember that the more we unravel the wonders of love, the more challenges we have to take. The sweetness of life's bitter can be achieved if we accept the challenges of love. This acceptance motivates us to grow.
How to Cite this Page
"Engrave New Footprints In The Sand." 123HelpMe.com. 15 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND Tears rolled down my face as I tried to smile. Prolonging the dreaded good-bye, I kept busy organizing the small stuff in her new home. Her home with out me. It was one of those moments I anticipated but would not accept the reality until the time finally came. I had never been good with good-byes. An hour later, my dad looked at me and I knew this time we were leaving. I had given her a hug without looking at her and we whispered I love you’s to each other. She was having a hard enough time leaving everything behind so I wanted to stay strong for her.... [tags: essays papers]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- Footprints in the Sand, by Bracha Goykadosh, is a story of friendship and hope, of secrecy and bewilderment. Rena Cohen, the narrator, is the typical twelfth-grader whose only concerns are school and friends. Malka Koenig is one of Rena’s closest friends, but after eleventh-grade her life changes drastically and her friendship circle is affected by the change. Though twelfth grade is supposed to be a carefree year, it turns out to be a year learning of life’s true values. Rena Cohen had returned from camp high-spirited, anticipating her long-awaited senior year of high school.... [tags: story and character analysis]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- The Collapse: Richard Van Camp’s “On the Wings of this Prayer” and Paolo Bacigalupi’s “The People of Sand and Slag” Richard Van Camp’s “On the Wings of this Prayer” and Paolo Bacigalupi’s “The People of Sand and Slag” both describe a future utterly inhospitable to the humans of today, where the focus lies on the main source which allowed these conditions to take place: mankind. These short stories focus on evolution, artificial or natural, and the effect it has on humanity. Both authors utilize similar aspects of literature in order to carry out similar messages which lend themselves to each other’s arguments.... [tags: Short story, Human, Sand, Petroleum]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- We laid on the desert sand of New Mexico. A thousand voices raced through my head. It was impossible to hear my own thoughts. The fight at the cathedral flashed before my eyes. She said I didn’t have it me, that smirk she always showed got under my skin like a virus. Eshe’s warning repeated in my mind. Everything was an omen from all my visions, the jungle, pasture to the cabin was a set up. It explained why she kept her weapons and Semjaza used her to bait me into trusting her. “How did you infiltrate Mu if the only way out and in is through portals?” I asked her.... [tags: 2005 singles, 2007 singles, The Rolling Stones]
1496 words (4.3 pages)
- As I sit in my room tonight, my mind wanders back along the tracks it’s trod many times before. Together, it and I meander through memories, occasionally glimpsing at those it seems I’ve trod upon too often before. I remember those grand accomplishments of my own that faltered in my mind having no one to share them with. Equally, I remember those small feats of a group and the pride we shared together. I continue to wander through this mist, passing up happiness and sadness both until I reach a memory that seems fresh, untainted by over-reminiscence.... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Andre Dubus III's House of Sand and Fog "House of Sand and Fog," by Andre Dubus III, explores the catastrophic repercussions of a complex misunderstanding between three characters. The conflict initially involves a dispute between Kathy Nicolo and Massoud Behrani over the “rightful” ownership of a house. The county wrongfully evicts Kathy and Behrani then buys her house at an auction. When Deputy Sheriff Lester Burdon enters the situation, events quickly slip out of control. Superficially, Lester’s character is important to the novel because he acts as a catalyst, propelling the plot into unexpected action.... [tags: Andre Dubus III House Sand fog Essays]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- Writing a short article (maximum 1000 words) on the problems and complexities of using tracks and signs to determine presence (and absence) of mammal species (25%) In the field of ecology finding and identifying tracks and signs has always been one of the hardest job in that field. This is because a range of different problems can and most likely will occur. There are several ways to find animal tracking and signs. When looking for a particular species research will need to be conducted to know what habitats it will be spending most of its time at, this will narrow done the list of species when a footprint or sign has been found.... [tags: footprints, color]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- People place judgment on one another every day based on differences. Sometimes it is done subconsciously; sometimes it is done on purpose. In the book The House of Sand and Fog, by Andre Dubus III, two different cultures were represented; Kathy represented the culture of the western civilization, whereas Behrani represented the culture of Persians. People judge one another based on unimportant things, and get judged based on those same things as well. Two cultures were used to amplify how different their cultures were from one another.... [tags: Analysis of House of Sand and Fog]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- A Sister’s Footprints Through Life Kimberly Daterria Williams age 28 born June 12, 1979; a sister of such great demeanor was always the perfect Sister. She appeared to have all the attributes of a saint: a great Christian life, grades any parent would be proud of, she knew just what to say to adults, and most of all she never made a mistake. If so one's little sister never knew of it.... [tags: Narrative Story]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Ice and sand is an eye opening video about just what the title states: ice and sand. It talks about the polar ice caps and the affects of green house gasses to the environment. This movie talks about what would happen if the ice sheets in the north and South Pole melt, and how weather systems are changeable. It talks about the sands in the Sahara and how they blow all the way to Paris, it also states that it is largest dessert in the world. This movie is very informative about “Ice and Sand”. In the movie “Ice and sand” it talks about the polar ice caps.... [tags: essays research papers]
965 words (2.8 pages)
Then we will begin to walk again at the shore and engrave new sets of footprints in the sand, accepting the truth that these footprints really disappear through the waves of time. We will also realize that every step we take marks a new experience and breeds new seeds of love. Time will come when we will notice another set of footprints joining us in our journey and become our partners for life.