Essay PreviewMore ↓
I had the opportunity to interview an E.M.T. The E.M.T. I
chose to interview was my friend Matt from the Highland
lakes squad. I chose to interview him because it is easier for
me to talk to someone I know than someone I don't know,
and also I wanted to find out whats its like being an E.M.T..
Q: Why did you become an E.M.T.?
A: I enjoy helping people, and I felt that I wanted
to be able to do more than just basic first aid and CPR.
Q: What does it mean to be on call?
A: It means that if the
alarm goes off you are the person that responds to the call.
You can't leave your area because you have to stay available
if the pagers do go off.
Q: How does being an E.M.T. affect your personal life?
A: It doesn't really affect my personal life
too much. The only time it really does is if the pager goes off
and I'm on call then I have to stop what I am doin and
respond to the call, or if I come across an accadent I have to
stop and help.
Q: In Vernon what kind of accadents do you usually see?
A: The most common type of accadent I see is
people havin trouble breathing, or people who can't breath
things like that. Q: What is the worst accadent you've ever
seen? A: The worst accadent I've ever seen was a car
accadent where there was a victim who couldn't remember
anything even after I told him the same thing over and over
again he couldn't remember what I told him. Q: What
happens if the victim is someone you know? A: I try to treat
the victim like any other victim, but I'm more nervious about
messing up somthing or doing somthin wrong. The victim
though will usually feel more comfortable when someone
they know is there with them. Q: What do you do at the
scene of an accadent? A: We treat the victims, and transport
them to the hospital as fast as we can. Q: How do you feel
on the way to a call? A: I usually have an adrenalin rush, and
my body feels like its going 100 times faster than normal.
Thats about it though. Q: Do you like being an E.M.T. and
why? A: Yes, I enjoy being an E.M.T. I like the feeling I get
from helping others that are in need of help. Q: What
happens if you are at a call and another call comes in? A: If a
How to Cite this Page
"Interview of an E.M.T.." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Since 1901, Walgreens has had a strong passion for customer service. The founder, Charles Walgreens, goal was to create a drugstore that was like no other. He said that for as many drugstores as he had worked at, he had never worked for one that had a focus for good customer service and low prices. Walgreens has grown by leaps and bounds since 1901 and is now recognized as the leader in the market with over 7000 stores. Charles Walgreen had an eye for good managers. He said he was able to pick people that he knew were smarter than him so to promote them and make them the heads of his drugstores.... [tags: business interviews, career interview]
1872 words (5.3 pages)
- I interviewed Manuel, co-owner of All Pro Motor Sports, because his business is extremely innovative and growth-oriented. The purpose of this interview was to learn the following: § how to identify a business opportunity § how to successfully launch a business § how to deal with perceived risks prior to start-up § how to solve problems encountered during start-up and over the lifetime of a venture BACKGROUND I was introduced to Manuel through a mutual acquaintance that knows I am truly fascinated by the ability to customize vehicles, but more specifically, expensive luxury vehicles.... [tags: Interview Essays]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- Although entrepreneurial success is occasionally a result of luck, most would agree that it is achieved through a combination of sound business sense, planning, and spirit. An excellent example of the seamless execution of these elements of entrepreneurial success is PMA member Maia Haag of I See Me. in Wayzata, Minnesota. Here are some highlights of my recent interview with her. Q: My Very Own Name is certainly an innovative book. What was your inspiration. A: I was looking for a product with which to start my own business.... [tags: Interview Essays]
1665 words (4.8 pages)
- I had the opportunity to interview an E.M.T. The E.M.T. I chose to interview was my friend Matt from the Highland lakes squad. I chose to interview him because it is easier for me to talk to someone I know than someone I don't know, and also I wanted to find out whats its like being an E.M.T.. Q: Why did you become an E.M.T.. A: I enjoy helping people, and I felt that I wanted to be able to do more than just basic first aid and CPR. Q: What does it mean to be on call. A: It means that if the alarm goes off you are the person that responds to the call.... [tags: interview essays]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- Interviewing is a selling situation. It involves the exchange of information and building of personal chemistry. It’s not only what you say that’s important but how you say it. There are seven key things you can do to build a positive rapport. Research can help build chemistry The first step for building a rapport is to research the company in advance. If you’ve ever met someone who knew a lot about you, it kind of takes you by surprise, doesn’t it. It is a great way to make a positive first impression.... [tags: Interview Essays]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- To inspire and influence others, a leader must possess many skills and abilities. As motivational speaker Peter Northouse, states, “a leader should be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant” (Northouse, 2013) Moving an entire group of individuals toward a singular goal is a considerable undertaking. Without effective communication skills and a clear vision of what needs to be accomplished, one will feel like they are trying to herd cats rather than leading.... [tags: Interview Essay]
2044 words (5.8 pages)
- This company is partnership ran business that opened its doors in 1991, in the small town of Marengo, IL. Mark Anderson and Sam Accib are the proud founders of this HVAC and plumbing business for residential or commercial. The company was unable to give an annul report, due to the fact that it is a small business, and it not necessary in their company. The promotional practices used throughout the years have been ads in the Northwest Herald (three to five times a year), the Marengo Paper, and the most important one is the word of mouth apportion.... [tags: Career Interview]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- I have to admit when I first got word of this assignment I was very eager to run out and interview President Obama. However, as the semester went on and speakers came into talk, my views changed. I decided that I wanted to interview someone in a position that I would like to be in one day. I contacted the General Manager of the Lowell Spinner's and the Pawtucket Redsox's, believing that a job like that would not completely be out of reach someday. Once again I changed my mind after listening to speech.... [tags: Interview Essays]
437 words (1.2 pages)
- The interview I conducted took place in the courtyard of my complex in Smallville, with the interviewee and myself. For the purpose of his paper and to protect the adolescent privacy lets call her Regina. Regina is a fourteen-year-old adolescent female of Africa American descent. She is above average in height and carries a very shy and nonchalance deposition. She is a very attractive young lady and does above average work in her school setting. She appears to be a normal every day child with a lifetime of experiences awaiting her.... [tags: Interview Essays]
2096 words (6 pages)
- In my interview I chose my girlfriend's neighbor. Hector is of Mexican decent and he is here because in Meigs county the produce fields hire Mexican laborers on worker permits. Hector started out doing this then he became the boss about five years ago and received his green card and now is an American and can speak very good English. He explained to me that in Mexico there is no age when you can start working so there are young boys working at six to ten years old to help support his needy family.... [tags: Cultural Interview Essays]
884 words (2.5 pages)
call comes in while you are at a call you will be dispatched to
the other call when you finish the one you are at otherwise if
its not possible for you to respond to the seccond call they
will dispatch another rig for the seccond call. Q:
Approximatly how many calls per week do you get in
Vernon? A: I usually get about one or two per week when
I'm on call, but the squad can get either a lot or a little
ammount of calls. Q: How many days a week are you on
call? A: I'm usually on call one or two days durning the week
and sometimes one day on the weekends. After doin this
interview with my friend Matt I realize it could be fun, but
hard work to be an E.M.T. Peoples lives are depending on
you, and if you make a mistake someone could die. I'm glad
there are people like my friend Matt that want to be an
E.M.T, but I sure wouldn't want to be one.