Essay PreviewMore ↓
rigid adherence to a code of behavior." There are though many ways to look at a
persons integrity. A person with integrity possesses many qualities. Three of
these qualities are honesty, the ability to follow a moral code, and loyalty to
yourself and your beliefs.
In The Crucible, a prime example of a person with integrity is Elizabeth
Proctor. Elizabeth shows her personal purity when she refuses to persuade her
husband to confess to crimes of witchcraft. She refuses because she believes
that he is good now in God's light. God, to her, will show her the right way,
and she believes that by following God's moral code she will be right and just.
John Proctor, Elizabeth's husband, also shows his integrity when he refuses to
confess to crimes of witchcraft. Even though confessing would save his life, he
won't confess to a crime he didn't commit. He knows that being dishonest isn't
being loyal to his beliefs.
In The Crucible, an example of not possessing integrity is also shown.
Danforth, is the prime example of having no loyalty towards himselfor his
beliefs. Danforth, is the Deputy Governor who convicts the citizens of being
witches. When Danforth is asked to pardon the accused, he refuses saying that
he can't because twelve have already hung for the same crime, and he refuses
to let asnyone off. Even though he knows what is right and that they are
innocent he won't because it would ruin the integrity of the court, and his own
Indictment: The McMartin Trial, also has many characters who posses a
great sense of integrity. For instance the McMartin family sticks together even
when they are being accused of the horrible crime of child molestation. They
also will not confess to the crime because they know they are innocent and that
it wouldn't be right to say that they were guilty. The McMartin's also never
give up hope in the rest of the world. They never lose faith in their belief in
that truth will always prevail. They keep their uprightness, through everything
never giving up and always keeping the faith that if they are loyal to their
beliefs in God everything will work out in the end.
Fox Moulder, the main character from the TV show the X-Files has a sense
of integrity, in that he always does what he believes is right, and what he
feels is the truth. No matter what happens in his life he always believes that
his sister was abducted by aliens, even though the popular belief is that aliens
How to Cite this Page
"Examples of People With Integrity." 123HelpMe.com. 10 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I The state of being complete or undivided, purity. Integrity is a powerful and uncommon trait according to today’s standards. One may be defined and known by his or her integrity. “A man is rich or poor according to what he is, not according to what he has” Henry Ward Beecher. In the real world today, certain levels of integrity are expected in different places. For example, where we find the influence of evil, we find a lack of integrity. Important issues include: what the Bible has to say about integrity, viewing integrity as a choice and integrity in current affairs.... [tags: Ethical Integrity Essays]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- How many times a year do we turn on the news only to see another depressing story about how our government leaders have failed their duties. How many times do we hear tales of leaders dealing below the board, working on their own agenda or for their own enjoyment, rather than working for the people that they serve. From the president of our country to lowly mayors of small towns, there are numerous examples of leaders that have failed to properly guide our country because of their irresponsible personal choices.... [tags: President, Leaders, Integrity, Scandal]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Introduction On a research paper, how much information can you “borrow” with or without citing the original author? How do you cite the resources you “borrowed” or quoted from the original author? Will anyone know if you submit a friend’s research paper? No one can see you taking an online test from your living room – should that change how you take a test? Who is hurt by academic dishonesty. Who cares if you steal test answers, falsify experimental data, cheat on an exam, or download information from a web site and turn it in as your own work.... [tags: Ethical Integrity Essays]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- The Law of Integrity Integrity is not what is good for you, but what is good for the people. It is never an easy path, but overall you will end up having a greater quality of life. You may stand out more, but you will become a better model for society. Throughout his life, Jesus demonstrated integrity despite the obstacles it caused him. Today’s culture has lost the value of integrity so much that the main examples, apart from Christ, are found in fictional literature. It is disturbing that characters such as Aragorn from Lord of the Rings and Prince Caspian (The Chronicles of Narnia) are revered more than real-life people of today.... [tags: The Chronicles of Narnia, White Witch]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Integrity is considered a moral virtue in which one practices honesty and strong ethical principles. Without practicing these daily, one would lose the sense of integrity and the transparent honest disrupting the harmony in their life. Integrity is the basis of someone’s reputation, what they believe in and how they are perceived by others.The definition of Integrity includes the qualities of being honest and fair. There are different many ways that people can receive the word integrity. People believe it 's a good thing, showing true and perfect characteristics that all human beings should have, while others believe it 's a negatively impacts someone’s “moral compass”, people can be seen... [tags: Human, Morality, Ethics, Religion]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not,” says Oprah Winfrey. Integrity is shown through unyielding support of ideals on morals, while being complete or deliberate. In To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, there are several strong examples of integrity. The author in To Kill a Mockingbird illustrates integrity fully and completely through two characters that really stood out to me: Atticus and Mrs. Dubose. In To Kill a Mockingbird, Atticus demonstrates the trait of integrity by the way he lives his life in Maycomb County.... [tags: Harper Lee novel themes]
626 words (1.8 pages)
- A world with integrity and ethics. When I use the word "world," I am referring to not only the United States but the whole planet. I am referring to all the people on earth as one. I am doing this because we are all human and if we all work as a "world," we can achieve anything we want. Integrity is doing the right thing in a reliable and trustworthy way. It is a personality trait that we as humans admire in one another. It is a moral compass that doesn 't waver in inaccurate directions. Ethics (morals) means an idea of what is right and a wrong.... [tags: Virtue, Ethics, Morality, Human]
2194 words (6.3 pages)
- The world with integrity and ethics. When I use the word "world," I am referring to not only the United States but the whole planet. I am referring to all the people on earth as one. I am doing this because we are all human and if we all work as a "world," we can achieve anything we want. Integrity is doing the right thing in a reliable and trustworthy way. It is a personality trait that we as humans admire in one another. It is a moral compass that doesn 't waver in inaccurate directions. Ethics (morals) means an idea of what is right and a wrong.... [tags: Virtue, Ethics, Morality, Human]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- Academic Integrity Many students don’t know much of an impact dishonesty can make in their lives. Teachers are emphatic towards students about being able to show academic integrity. In order for students to truly avoid academic dishonesty they must first understand what academic integrity is and is not, know what usually causes academic dishonesty, and understand why academic integrity is important. Academic Integrity is a academic code meaning that students must show honesty and responsibility towards their own academic work.... [tags: Academic dishonesty, Academia, Cheating]
735 words (2.1 pages)
- According to Aristotle, integrity can be defined as the “particular quality men acquire by constantly acting in a particular way”. It is the sense of honesty and rectitude, towards our moral and ethical principles. We’ve discussed at length how compromising integrity can damage our reputation, how people decide to act against integrity for personal benefits, and ultimately cause irreparable damage among followers. So is it really worth compromising integrity for a big paycheck. Is losing reputation worth the money.... [tags: philosohpical analysis]
1676 words (4.8 pages)
path that he thinks is right. He also never conforms to the popular opinion, he
always look for the truth.
Integrity shows up in many places and has many faces. The faces of
truth, moral code, and loyalty are all parts of integrity and show up everyday
in many ways. To have a true sense of integrity one must posses all three. You
have to be honest to yourself and to others, follow your personal beliefs and
stick to what you think is right, and you have to be loyal to yourself.
Integrity is to be truly honest, and fair, and to uphold the beliefs important