Essay PreviewMore ↓
Hi my name is insert your name and I’ll be writing about Canada. Canada is the greatest country in the world and it has been voted the best country in the world to live in for the past 3 years in a row by the United Nations. Canada consists of ten provinces and three territories, the newest territories is Nunavut. Nunavut is the land of the Indians (Natives). The capital of Nunavut is Iqaluit and it is located on Baffin Island.
Canada has many professional sports teams in all the major sports except football. Some people say that the CFL is a professional football league but the players are mostly NFL rejects. Our sports teams for the NHL include the Vancouver Canucks, Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames, Toronto Maple leafs, Ottawa Senators, and the Montreal Canadians. Canada’s most successful NHL team has been the Montreal Canadians, they have won an astonishing 23 Stanley Cups. Two NHL teams have left Canada because they were located in small markets, Canada has lost the Winnipeg Jets to Phoenix and we have also lost the Quebec Nordiqs to Colorado. Losing NHL teams to the U.S is a growing epidemic because players are demanding more and more money and the ticket prices are going up to accommodate the players demands. Another reason that we are going to lose more NHL teams is that the Government taxation on the Canadian teams, the Montreal Canadians alone have paid more taxes in a year than all the American teams combined, the Government has to let NHL teams pay less taxes then they are right now if anyone ever wants to see hockey in the small markets in Canada. The last reason hockey teams are being lost to the U.S is the declining Canadian dollar and the players wanting their money in U.S funds. I think that Canada is going to lose the Senators, the Oilers, and the Flames in the next ten years.
Canada also has two NBA teams and they are the Vancouver Grizzlies and the Toronto Raptors. They are both relatively new teams, thee Grizzlies are going to build their team around Shareef Abdur-Rahim a young small forward and the Raptors are going to build their team around Vince Carter a young power forward.
Finally, Canada has two MLB (Major League Baseball) teams, the teams are the Toronto Blue Jays and the Montreal Expos.
How to Cite this Page
"Canada." 123HelpMe.com. 10 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Aboriginal people represent less than 3% of the total population in BC. Yet, they account for more than 9% of all suicides in BC (Chandler). The numbers of suicides amongst aboriginal youth are even more alarming – nearly one-fourth of all youth suicides in BC are committed by aboriginals and more than half of all aboriginal suicides are committed by youth (Chandler). The fact that indigenous communities in Canada have the highest rate of suicide of any culturally identifiable group in the world implies that these alarming statistics may not solely be a result of aboriginal communities belonging to a minority cultural group.... [tags: Canada]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- Canada's child care policy has always been a topic of heated debate. Presently, Canada is one of the only developed countries worldwide that does not have plan in place for nation wide child care (Hurtig, 2002). Howe & Covell (2007) state that "Canada has failed to make progress toward a system of universal high quality early learning and child care or even toward establishing widespread access to high quality programs" (p.47). According to Campaign 2000, early childhood education programs are an essential component in reducing poverty and providing children with the ’best start in life”.... [tags: Canada]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- There is an opportunity for Target to reenter Canada to fill a void of the recent retail closures from its 2015 pullout. Target’s strengths is its ability to execute tactical business measures that appeals to all citizens, which makes it a difficult competitor (Target Corporation SWOT Analysis, 2014). Canada 's economy is diversified and highly developed. The country is part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), which has removed many barriers between the Canada and U.S. This factor legally strengthens Target position of entry due to fewer legal and political issues the firm may face entering another country operating outside of the NAFTA.... [tags: Globalization, International trade, Canada]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- Inequality, regarding the workplace and workforce, refers to a state of being which involves an absence of opportunity, fairness, and equality, coupled with the presence of extreme variability for a person or group. This extreme variability in work related conditions can lead to the development of strong feelings of insecurity in any person who has experienced such inequality. Insecurity is a feeling or situation people may experience where there is uncertainty, instability, a lack of safe working conditions, and feelings of doubt about work etc.... [tags: Canada]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- An American comedian once joked, “It’s easy to forget about little tiny Canada, all tucked away down there.” Obviously, this person knows little about Canada. Why is it important for peoples of other nations to learn about Canada. How does Canada attempt to impact world affairs. Discuss these questions in detail, using at least three specific examples Just like any country or nation, Canada posses its own unique culture, language and history. As with other cultures throughout the world, Canada’s culture is a result from a long history of influences, some peaceful and some arising out of conflict.... [tags: United States, Canada, North America]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- If you’re a regular traveler to Canada from Nigeria, you should know that the Canada travel guide changes often and people ask many questions when they travel to Canada. Tourism in Canada is the most known holiday business in the country, and many foreigners book for Canada vacations every year. However, Nigerians are not left out in the journey, and in this article I will reveal to you the Canada travel guides you must know before booking your next Canada vacation packages. Canada travel tips are meant to inform travelers about various requirements, which they need to have before traveling to the country.... [tags: Travel, Traveler, Health care, Canada]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- The Bank of Canada is Canada’s central bank, whose current Governor is Mike Carney. It was founded in 1934 by the Bank of Canada Act of the same year. The country’s banking system was quite stable even before the Bank of Canada was established, mainly thanks to its branch banking structure, and showed little interest in central banking in the early 1900s. In addition, the banking system was somewhat being regulated by the Canadians Bankers’ Association. However, as the Great Depression took Canada by storm, talks about its then financial state were brewing.... [tags: Banking, Canada]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Taxation levels are very complicated for Canadian citizens. I believe that Canada will economically break free when taxation levels become less onerous. Government regulation hits our pocketbooks as surely as taxes do, but there is little information available about its cost. At a time when deficit spending is out of favour, and there is little appetite for tax increases, this lack of accountability makes regulation a tempting way for governments to achieve their goals without increasing their spending.... [tags: Taxation Canada]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- The country that we have come to call Canada has been created through the unity of several nations and different cultures. Canada values diversity and multiculturalism, unity, freedom and independence. Canada did not hold all these values from the beginning but it gained all of these values through time, by learning from its past mistakes and also because of its desires of becoming independent and several major events that took place in Canadian history. Canada’s values come from its struggle for independence from Britain, a path to nationhood, being independent from the United States and the co-operation between the English, French and Native Canadians and immigrants.... [tags: Canada ]
2433 words (7 pages)
- Canada Canada, is the world's second largest country and it is the largest country in the Western Hemisphere. It comprises all of the North American continent north of the United States, with the exclusion of Alaska, Greenland, and the tiny French islands of St. Pierre and Miquelon. Its most easterly point is Cape Spear, Newfoundland and its western limit is Mount St. Elias in the Yukon Territory, near the Alaskan border. The southernmost point is Middle Island, in Lake Erie and the northern tip is Cape Columbia, on Ellesmere Island.... [tags: Geography Canada Expository Essays]
2067 words (5.9 pages)
I think sports have always been a major part of Canada and it always will be.
One thing I like about Canada is its multiculturalism, people from any country can come to Canada and practice their religion openly and freely. I like the Immigration policy because people can come into the country if they want too and if they have a good reason. I don’t like it when people get into the country by sneaking in because they should try to get in the legal way. I think the Immigration system is being taken advantage of because of the recent rash of ships carrying illegal migrants.
I think multiculturalism is the reason Canada is such a great country.
There are numerous famous people from Canada and I will tell you about some of them. Some of the singers include, Shania Twain, Celine Dione, The Rascalz, Bryan Adams, Corey Hart, The Bare Naked Ladies, and The Tragically Hip. Some of the sports stars include, Wayne Gretzky, Dr. James Naismith (creator of basketball), Owen Hart, Bret Hart, and Patrick Roy. Some of the actors and actresses include, Michael J. Fox, Mike Myers, Jim Carey, and Pamela Anderson.
Canada has produced some of the best singers, actors, and sports figures in the world and I think this is a trend that’s going to continue well into the next millennium.
I think that it’s good that Canada isn’t a nuclear country because that makes it so we have fewer enemies because we’re not a nuclear threat.
I think that there are lots of stereotypes about Canada’s weather, television and movies portray Canada as a cold snowy place but its not that bad. It’s cold in most of Canada but in most of the area that is really cold is unpopulated. In the summer it’s hot and sunny, in the winter it’s cold and snowy, and in the spring it’s sunny and rainey.
I think Canada is one of the best countries to live in and I wish I could live here for the rest of my life.