Essay PreviewMore ↓
Essentially, Bruce Lee’s interpretation of keeping in shape is constant daily workouts. Bruce Lee’s workout consisted of three categories: martial arts sparring, weight training, and extensive AB training. The workout first consists of hours upon hours of highly defined martial arts sparring. Secondly, a series of accelerated heavy weight training of his main muscles. Finally, is his extensive workout towards his ABs. Bruce Lee’s favorite muscle was his ABs and whenever he had time, such as watching TV, he would do sit-ups or crunches. Bruce Lee had what most people called “washboard ABs” and was not afraid to show it, you can see this in almost every fight scene he had in his films.
Undeniably, Bruce Lee’s sudden death shocked the world but the story on his death was never fully understood at that time. Yet to this day not even everyone knows the true story. Rumors were spread that wounds received in a fight caused Bruce Lee’s death. Another rumor was that his death was caused by a fatal gunshot wound to the head during the making of one of his movies. When in fact Bruce Lee’s death (according to medical authorities) was caused by Bruce Lee falling into a coma from what was known as a cerebral edema (a swelling of the brain caused by a congestion of brain fluid). To the recollection of Bruce Lee’s wife (Linda Lee) on the afternoon of July 20, 1973 Bruce Lee began complaining of a headache he has been having that day. Later on that night Bruce Lee took “Equagesic”- a type of super aspirin, given to him by a friend and soon laid down for a nap.
How to Cite this Page
"Bruce Lee." 123HelpMe.com. 13 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The greatest icon of martial arts cinema, and a key figure of modern popular culture. Had it not been for the amazing Bruce Lee and his incredible movies in the early 1970s, it's arguable whether or not the martial arts film genre would have ever penetrated and influenced mainstream western cinema & audiences the way it has over the past three decades. The influence of Asian martial arts cinema can be seen today in so many other film genres including comedies, action, drama, science fiction, horror and animation.....and they all have their roots in the phenomenon that was Bruce Lee Bruce Lee was born "Lee Juan Fan" in November 1940 in San Francisco, the son of Lee Hoi Chuen, a singer with t... [tags: Martial Arts Films Movies Bruce Lee]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Athletes come and go, but their legacy never leaves them. In recent years, there have been deaths by young athletes. Dale Earnhardt, a NASCAR driver, who received a painful death when his car crashed into the wall. Walter Payton, a NFL running back, perhaps the greatest running back of all time because of his ability to change the momentum of the game. Bruce Lee, the greatest martial artist in the history of this sport. He changed everything. He is associated with the poem by A.E. Housman. The poem, “Young Athletes Dying Young” written by A.E.... [tags: Martial Arts]
1753 words (5 pages)
- The man who has my admiration and utmost respect is Bruce Lee. In the short 32 years of his life, Bruce Lee, created a legacy that is still prevalent today. He is thought by many as the “Greatest Martial Artist of the 20th Century”. His philosophies and insightful teachings have influenced many people, including myself. His perseverance and determination are beyond that of modern-day people and those are to qualities that deserve my admiration. Bruce Lee was born, November 27th 1940, in San Francisco, in the Year of the Dragon, according to the Chinese zodiac.... [tags: Biography, martial arts, biographical essay]
676 words (1.9 pages)
- Bruce Lee, being the best martial artist in the world was the result for what he did to get there, yet his death was widely misunderstood. Bruce Lee was born in the year of the dragon in San Francisco November 27 1940. Throughout life, the reputation he gained was not just by routine training; rather, he took his own form of workout to a whole new level. As good things don’t last forever, Bruce Lee, unfortunately, suffered a sudden death on July 20, 1973. As his misinterpreted death spread worldwide only the true story was seldom heard.... [tags: essays research papers]
450 words (1.3 pages)
- Just imagine having teenage bullies wandering around the streets waiting to beat a young boy up. Well, that's what actor and martial artist Bruce Lee's life was like. He was an everyday victim of abuse. It was hectic and brutal for him to wander around the streets after school. However, without these bullies, he would not have become who he was. Bruce Lee was very famous for what he has achieved in America and China as an actor and martial artist even though he died very young from brain damage in 1973 when he was thirty-seven years old.... [tags: Biography Biographies Bio]
1035 words (3 pages)
- In the Book Bruce Lee: They Died too Young, writer Jon Lewis tells the story of the greatest martial artist that ever lived. Known as Lee Jun Fan only to his family, Bruce Lee was an enthusiastic boy who took a special interest in the martial arts. Unfortunately,his life was cut short at the age of only thirty-two. Through this short yet unbelievably incredible life, Bruce Lee still proves to be an excellent role model due to his discipline,determination, and self-improvement. 	One of Bruce Lee’s best characteristics was his discipline.... [tags: essays research papers]
690 words (2 pages)
- Bruce Lee is one of the most well known martial artists in the world. Robert Clouse remembers his first meeting with Bruce Lee very vividly. Robert recalls that: “The first time he meet you, you’d expect him to shake hands but instead he’d step back and flick out his foot so fast you could feel the air move right at the tip of your nose. Then he’d take your hand and place it on his stomach. It was kind of his calling card.” Bruce Lee is known around the world as being one of the best marital artists ever.... [tags: essays research papers]
500 words (1.4 pages)
- Bruce Lee Christian Estrada March 22, 1996 Literature-07 Biography Report Introduction Bruce Lee was born in the Chinese year of the dragon, in the hour of the dragon on November 27, 1940. From the beginning, it was obvious he was a remarkable and unique child with tremendous energy. His mother named him Lee Jun Fan, which meant "return again." She felt he would return to the United States where he was born while his parents were on tour with the Cantonese opera.... [tags: essays research papers]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- BRUCE LEE Bruce Lee was perhaps the greatest Martial-Artist ever. He was born in San Francisco, California on November 27th, 1940. A few months after his birth, Bruce and his family move back to Hong Kong. Bruce starred in a number of films as a child. His first starring role was actually when he was six years old. It was a role in a film titled "Little Orphan Sam". At the age of 12, Bruce begins taking Martial-Arts instruction from the legendary Sifu Yap-Man, a master of the art of "Wing-Chun" gung-fu.... [tags: essays research papers]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- What is Jeet Kune Do. Simply put, it's English translation is "way of the intercepting fist." Bruce studies all types of fighting from American Boxing to Thai Kickboxing. His simple philosophy was rather than block a punch and hit back with two distinct motions, why not intercept and hit in one, fluid stroke. Fluidity was the ideal. "Try and obtain a nicely-tied package of water," Bruce would taunt. "Just like water, we must keep moving on," Inosanto reitterates. "For once water stops, it becomes stagnant." Water, Bruce would always give as an example, is the toughtest thing on Earth.... [tags: essays research papers]
553 words (1.6 pages)
In conclusion, Bruce Lee was best known as the best martial artist who has ever lived. What made him famous was his ability to stay in shape by always sharpening his skills. As for his mysterious sudden death, the true story about it may never be fully understood but, for the most part, it will always be in clear view to anyone who seeks it.