Essay PreviewMore ↓
A shower usually lasts about 2 hours. Here is a "typical" schedule:
• Greet guests - serve light appetizers
• Have each guest introduce themselves and identify how they know the bride
• Play 2-4 shower games. It is good to play games at the beginning as icebreakers.
• Serve food or have guests help themselves to a buffet.
• Give party favors to guests as they leave.
Ultimate Memory Game!!
contributed by Alyssa
This one is a sure-fire hit! Tell your guests you're now having a memory game. Do NOT say "memorize what's on the tray". Have the bride or mother of the bride come out with a tray or platter of kitchen untensils and other related items. Have her walk fairly slow around the room to show all the guests what is one the tray, then walk out & stay in another room.
Then ask the party guests to grab a notepad and start to write down....what the bride or mother of the bride was wearing! This one will bring a few moans, but it's fun & the ultimate test of memory! It works best as the first game. The one with the most correct answers (types of clothing, colors, etc..), is the winner.
contributed by Loida
Write down as many names of things associated with weddings and brides on slips of paper. Put the slips into a bag. Divide all of the guests into two teams. One person from each team gets a chance to draw the word on a slip of paper pulled out of the bag, and the team must guess what is being drawn in one minute. If the team drawing doesn't guess the word, the other team gets one minute to guess it. As they guess correctly, each team gets a point. The winning team with the most correct guesses wins the prizes.
I want to see you...
contributed by Salina B.
Have everyone write down on a piece of paper something they'd like the bride to do (ie. sing a song, bark like a dog, etc) and put their name on the paper. Then have everyone give their papers to the bride. Once they are all received, as the bride reads the name of the first person and what their request is, inform everyone that the brides request is to have everyone else perform what they have written. Watch everyones faces as they think of what they wrote. It's a blast!
How to Cite this Page
"bridal shower." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Apr 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The public is a complex group of people and pleasing them can be near to impossible, especially when you are trying to sell them something. I work in a bridal shop selling gowns for every occasion: weddings, proms, communions, pageants, and even Miss Transvestite Pennsylvania. Whether I am dealing with blushing brides, prom divas, defiant toddlers or body conscience mothers I have my work cut out for me. Let me begin with the youngest customer, the flower girl. Flower girls are quite possibly the most annoying customers you will encounter.... [tags: Retail]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- Have you ever heard of a “Book Shower”. I hadn’t until just the other day. The idea of a group of people passing on their favorite novels and stories to a newborn is delightful. Over the past few years, gifting books to children has become a habit I don’t intend to break anytime soon. It is wonderful to imagine a child relishing the words on the pages of a book just as I did growing up. There are select novels which seem to find their way into children’s hands regardless of whether we gift them or not.... [tags: Childhood, Child, Protagonist, Peanut butter]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Aqualisa needs to configure a strategy to sell their new shower the Quartz. The newest most innovative shower is not selling like it should be. If they cannot get it off they ground they risk of losing market share to competition. Aqualisa have been doing well in the past years however, with lowered quality and improvement among the competition changes need to be made. The purpose of this analysis is to take a deeper look into Aqualisa to see what their best moves is in order to fix their problem.... [tags: Marketing, Plumbing, Need, Plumber]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- I recently attended a baby shower for a cousin of mine. While I was there I noticed that the atmosphere was full of positive energy, love, and laughter. There were multiple games being played, special meals that were being made, and tons of gifts were being opened by the mother to be. Every aspect of the baby shower was baby themed. The decorations were things such as pacifiers, rattles, bottles, and there was even a cake made out of diapers. The cupcakes had pacifiers on them and every dessert was a lovely shade of blue because my cousin found out she’s having a boy.... [tags: Pregnancy, Childbirth, Infancy, Infant]
1344 words (3.8 pages)
- Advertising is used in all aspects of everyday life, in magazines, newspapers, billboards, television and radio to mention but a few. They aim to show their product to be bigger, brighter and better than any other product on the market. Consequently advertisers use colour, text, images, language and layout to fight for the reader's attention, so that they can influence the viewer's opinion of their product and therefore persuade them to buy their product rather than any other. The advert I have chosen to analyze is the 'Original Source' shower gels advert.... [tags: advertising, advertising analysis, marketing]
1979 words (5.7 pages)
- Do not use the shower. It is disgusting Seriously, Don 't. Just Don 't. I am not one to be a "germaphobe" but a public shower is gross. In the gym is no different, you have sweat. That 's right, all the bodily fluid from each member is coming right off them onto that floor. Next is urine. Let 's face it, LOTS of men will pee in the shower, aim right down the drain, sounds hygienic. NOT. You may be standing in 100 's of people 's urine. I have also heard guys say that ejaculation raises blood pressure and offers better results, so the floor may also be full of that.... [tags: English-language films, Want, WANT, 2008 singles]
1557 words (4.4 pages)
- When remodeling or building a new bathroom, you need to give some consideration to the type of bathroom shower faucet that you are going to use. There are a wide variety of bathroom shower faucets available to the homeowner and many times it is the small details that makes the difference between an average and stunning bathroom. Therefore, you will want to choose a shower faucet that has the right style and finish to complement your bathroom's décor. On your quest to find the perfect faucet, you will discover that there is a wide array of finishes on the bathroom shower faucets available to the home re-modeler.... [tags: Style, Finish, Company]
487 words (1.4 pages)
- Today bathtub shower faucets offer more than just a high flowing stream of water. With their stylish accents, they provide a way to add to the value and beauty of your bathroom and increase its comfort in ways never before possible. There are a few tips that will help you in selecting a new faucet that not only delivers great performance but also enhances your home's décor. One factor to consider when selecting new bathtub shower faucets is how well the new faucet complements your existing bathroom décor.... [tags: Style, Mount]
537 words (1.5 pages)
- Hosting an inexpensive baby shower is not so hard. Afterall is not the amount of money spent that matters, but the inspirational ideas that can be approached is infinite. Most of the modern baby showers are do it yourself decorated parties starting from food to every kind of activity entertained. So here are five inexpensive ideas you can have in mind when thinking organising a baby shower. 1) Baby girl shower - if there's a celebration of a baby girl then the best idea is to plan a tulle themed party.... [tags: celebrating the coming of a baby]
567 words (1.6 pages)
- In the past, dyeing shoes had been a painful process that too often resulted in customer dissatisfaction. In many cases, technology prevented an associate from fully satisfying the customer's expectations for dyed merchandise by "exactly" matching her garment color. Rather, reduced dye capabilities often produced color matches that were claimed to be "within an acceptable tolerance" of the garment. This created a conflict between the ability to ensure close color matches, and the customer's desire for color coordination throughout her ensemble.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy]
894 words (2.6 pages)
contributed by Sheryl
Fill a suitcase with funny looking or extra large clothes ( such as men's silk boxers, an extra large bra, a pair of work boots, fuzzy socks, etc.) Blindfold the bride and hand her the suitcase, explaining that there was a blackout and she has to dress quickly for a special dinner. This is lots of fun, don't forget the cam corder. This makes a great gift afterwards.
contributed by Aimee Saylor
When the guests arrive have them guess how many times the Bride-to-be has tried on her wedding dress. At teh end of the shower announce who guessed the closest and have the bride-to be tell how many times she really did try on her dress
contributed by Nicole
Get a bowl with mostly rice in it, then add miniture safety pins to the rice. Each guest has to be blindfoled, only using one hand, try to determine which is the rice and which are the pins. Whoever finds the most pins wins the prize. harder to do than you think!
How Low can You Go
contributed by Heahter Nicole
Place a piece of poster board in the middle of the room. This game is great fo rall ages. Have each person take a turn bending over to trace their hand on the board without bending their knees. Have a "secretary" take down the outcries to reveal what the brid will be exclaming on the wedding night! Some of mine were "It looks kinda deformed," "If your mother can do it, so can you!" "This hurts so bad!" "I'm too old." We even got an "It's just a disease!" out of one unknowing woman!
Memory Game with a Twist. Have someone come out with a tray of items and say we are now going to test your skills of observation. Most will assume they need to remember the items on the tray. You can then ask them questions about the person who brought out the tray. What color was her shirt, was she wearing earrings, any nail polish, what kind of shoes, etc...
The winner of this game is the guest who gets the most answer correct. Try to answer the following questions how you think the bride would answer them by circling your answer.
1.For (Bride's name) honeymoon, would she rather to go to Hawaii, Alaska, Mexico, Germany, Italy, France or the local pool hall?
2.If (Bride's name) were spending an evening at home, would she prefer to read a book, eat a snack, listen to the radio, watch TV, clean, or do something crafty?
3.Would (Bride's name) prefer to live in the mountains, by the ocean, in a small town, in a downtown high-rise or in a cave?
4.Would (Bride's name) prefer to live in a ranch-style house, a log cabin, a luxury apartment, a 30 room mansion or a traditional two-story home?
5.When going out to eat, which type of restaurant would (Bride's name) prefer to dine in? Mexican, American, Italian, Greek, Chinese or fast food?
6.At a cocktail party, would (Bride's name) prefer to drink spiked fruit punch, a daiquiri, Coke, wine, beer, or tequila?
7.When going to a formal affair, would (Bride's name) prefer to wear all black, black & white, red, pink, royal blue, green, purple or polka dots?
8.Would (Bride's name) prefer the formal dress to be velvet, silk, satin, lace or canvas?
9.What type of car would (Bride's name) prefer to drive? A sports car, a caravan, an antique car, an SUV, a convertible or a station wagon?
10.Would (Bride's name) prefer to go hiking, fishing, see a movie, bar-hopping, horseback-riding, bowling or shopping?
11.If (Bride's name) were going to the movies, would she prefer to see a tender love story, a terrifying horror film, a spectacular epic, a suspenseful mystery, a comedy, a musical or a cartoon?
12.Would (Bride's name) prefer a French poodle, German Sheppard, Cocker Spaniel, Labrador, Dachshund, shaggy dog or a hot dog?
13.Would (Bride's name) like to read a beautiful sonnet, a hilarious essay, a biography, a romance novel, or a magazine?
14.If (Bride's name) were having a dinner party, would she prefer to use stylish wooden serving pieces, sterling silver, shiny copper or picks & shovels?
15.If (Bride's name) had to pick out one physical trait that she likes best about Dave would it be his eyes, his legs, his smile, his chest, his hair or his buns?
16.Was the first thing that attracted (Bride's name) to (Groom's name) his charm, his appearance, his car, his sense of humor, his honesty, his paycheck or the alcohol?
24-7 Shower Theme
In the invitation, guests are assigned a time of day that the gift will be used by the bride. Morning, midday, and evening. This is a classic shower gift theme.
Here's a few gift ideas for guests attending this type of shower: Morning bath robe, breakfast cookbooks, espresso maker, daytime perfume, bath & body, skincare
clothing, makeup, purse, earrings, scarves, briefcases and organizers, hobby gifts, home office supplies, jewelry
wine, lingerie, video cassettes, massage bath oils, casual clothes, music, cooking stuff, novels, perfume, cooking and recipe gifts