Essay PreviewMore ↓
I knew I wanted to teach ever since I was a young girl. I would love playing with my friends, and would always pretend as if I was a teacher and my friends were students. I even had a little blackboard that I would write on and pretend that I knew what I was saying. Eventually I grew a passion for teaching and as I grew older people would always tell me that when I explained things to them they understood better when I explained then when an actual teacher did.
I would advise undergraduates to always be learning new and different ways of teaching each and everyday that they wake up. The teaching world is always changing and growing. If possible try and student teach, and work with kids in different areas other than teaching. Become a camp counselor or even become a tutor. The more time you are able to work with kids the better teaching skills you will have in the future. Like the old saying goes practice makes perfect. This is especially true in the teaching field.
Becoming a teacher has greatly affected my family and personal life. I am a lot more organized now. I have a lot more patience in dealing with personal issues. I even have more patience with my younger brother. I look at the world in a different light and see things that I would never have if I hadn’t become a teacher. I don’t take things for granted anymore and, I know that if one tries hard enough they can accomplish things that would never seem possible.
There are many things I find rewarding about teaching. I find that if I had a bad night the day before, I can come into class and the children will always find a way to put a smile on my face no matter how bad I am feeling. I love the way a students face lights up when they try and understand a concept and it takes them a little while, but when they finally do, their face just looks like they can accomplish anything in their lives. That’s what I find most rewarding.
I believe that the most challenging aspects of being a teacher these days are all the testing the kids have to go through throughout the year.
How to Cite this Page
"A Career as a Teacher." 123HelpMe.com. 25 May 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “Teaching is often a difficult process, but the end result is very rewarding. Watching a child develop confidence and seeing a student progress in their studies is a very exciting process. Teaching young children is especially great because it is setting a foundation for life-long learning.”(Chronicle guidance publications). What is teaching. A teacher is a person who provides education for pupils (children), or students (adults) using lectures, audiovisual aids, demonstrations, and computers to present academic, social, and motor skills.... [tags: education, college, learn]
1463 words (4.2 pages)
- I believe being a teacher is one of the most important jobs there is. We are molding the next generation of lawyers, doctors, and scientists. We are giving children the tools necessary to be successful in their studies, and then the work force. We are horticulturists intelligence, planting the seed that can only sprout when cultivated. It is also a field where you have to consistently grow with the market. We must consistently grow with our students and with the advancement of the world as well.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Pedagogy, School]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- In the last couple of years I’ve had the privilege to work with remarkable students of all ages. I obtained my first teaching job in 2015 just after graduating Cum Laude from the University of Cincinnati. It was soon after I began my career as a kindergarten teacher in a private school. Prior to my kindergarten teaching I student taught various grade levels; pre-school, kindergarten, and third grade. While each of these experiences were diverse, they all shared something in common, inclusion. During my student teaching my junior and senior year I was able to have the opportunity to work with students with disabilities.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Need]
1049 words (3 pages)
- In 5 years, I want to have completed my bachelor degree in Elementary Education. When I complete my degree, I have two different options I plan on doing. I either want to start my teaching career being a teacher for a class in kindergarten or first grade. If I do not end up getting a teaching job right away I want to start my adventure in the National Guard. If I get a teaching job I will be so excited. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was a little girl. I would play school and always have to be the teacher or I did not want to play.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Developmental psychology]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- In this paper, I will be discussing about my interested in teaching. What I hope to accomplish in my years of being a teacher. I will also begin discussing how I would serve has a positive role model in the classroom and outside of the classroom. Some of the things I can contribution has a teacher is my time. Three expectations that parents believe of me has a teacher include is that I can teach their kids what they need to learn. I will also be talking about different ways to keep up in my career field as a teacher.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- I knew what I wanted to be ever since elementary school. I wanted to be a teacher. I wasn’t influenced by anyone in my family nor did I have some sort of epiphany; I just thought, “I want to be a teacher!”. Of course, coming from an Asian household, it wasn’t exactly smiled upon. Everyone wanted me to do the stereotypical Asian “dream jobs” such as lawyer and doctor. But, I knew I wasn’t cut out to defend people in court or prescribe medicine to patients. I knew I wanted to be a teacher but I didn’t know what to do.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, Middle school]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- I have now been a teacher for 2 years and am currently teaching at County middle school. I knew I wanted to teach ever since I was a young girl. I would love playing with my friends, and would always pretend as if I was a teacher and my friends were students. I even had a little blackboard that I would write on and pretend that I knew what I was saying. Eventually I grew a passion for teaching and as I grew older people would always tell me that when I explained things to them they understood better when I explained then when an actual teacher did.... [tags: Career Essays]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Ever since I undertook voluntary work experience whilst I was in Sixth Form, I wanted to have a career as a primary teacher. During this year-long work experience, I was able to shadow and support a year three class teacher during lunch times, practical science lessons and guided reading. I found this very gratifying as I was able to watch the progression the pupils had made within a subject, knowing that I had contributed to their learning. As I committed to this placement one-day per week for a year; I was able to build up a rapport with both the school staff and pupils that I worked with.... [tags: Education, School, Learning, Teacher]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- In my current post, I am responsible for delivering high impact and quality Art lessons across the full secondary age range and Technology lessons to our Year 7 students. I am also a dedicated form teacher to a vertical tutor group and I play an active part in supporting my house team in a range of initiatives and activities. I currently hold a TLR as a Personal Wellbeing and Healthy Schools Co-Ordinator with the responsibility for supporting and managing three teams of staff to plan and deliver effective PSHCCE sessions, whilst also maintaining our Healthy Schools Status that we achieved over five years ago.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Key Stage]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Bullying is on the rise and I will do all that I can to prevent it from happening on school grounds. Finally, I will implement the three main different learning styles into as many lessons as possible. These learning styles include; auditory, visual, and kinesthetic. By mastering and using as many learning styles as I can, I will make sure each student is able to get the most out of their learning experience. I understand that every child learns differently and understanding how to use different approaches in each lesson plan will benefit every student.... [tags: goals, educate, motivate, inspire, choices]
1251 words (3.6 pages)