Essay PreviewMore ↓
Abortion is very cruel to the baby and even harms the mother. It is murder!There are many different procedures for abortions, all gruesome and pain inflicting on the baby. Suction Aspiration (vacuum curettage) makes up for 98% of first trimester abortions. The cervix is first dilated. Then a suction tube with a sharp cutting edge is inserted which rips the baby to pieces. It then sucks out all the remains.
If the mother waits until the third trimester (when the baby is more developed), then she must have Partial Birth Abortion. Using Ultra-sound, the doctor grabs the baby’s legs and forces out all but the head. Scissors are then jammed into the back of the skull and opened, creating a larger hole. A suction tube sucks the brains out, causing the skull to collapse. Then the dead baby is removed.Believe it or not, the mother is also harmed. In Suction Aspiration, if any tissue is left inside, it’ll become infected.
For Methoxotrexate Injection, another type of abortion, Methoxotrexate can produce ill side effects such as anemia, nausea, cancer, lung disease, and heavy bleeding. Just think of the mental trauma the mother is also feeling. She has the forever-guilty conscience of being responsible for her own child’s death. Many mothers say, "I’ll regret it for the rest of my life.""I feel like crawling into a hole and dying," says another mother after the operation.A common argument is that abortion isn’t murder because the baby isn’t alive. But on the contrary: life begins at conception. After only 18 days, the heart is formed, and after 20 the brain, spinal cord, and nervous system are developing.
A mere four days later, the heart starts beating. Is abortion murder though? According to the Webster Dictionary, abortion is to terminate a pregnancy because the baby is not capable of living.
How to Cite this Page
"Abortion: Pro-life!." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Mar 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- All About Abortion “ Each year, nearly 1.2 million American women have an abortion to end a pregnancy.”(www.webmd.com) The personal and controversial topic that continue to be a debate in America. Abortion is one of the most controversial topics in today society. Many question should woman have the right to terminate her pregnancy, which is primarily known as abortion. Many argue that it is on humane to allow abortion, that abortion is almost like committing murder and not giving how the right to live.... [tags: Abortion, Pro-choice, Pregnancy, Childbirth]
1850 words (5.3 pages)
- Abortion: Be Pro-Life How would you feel if someone took away your ability to live without asking you. Babies don 't have a choice in their mother’s womb. If a woman decides to abort her baby, the baby can 't do anything about their life being taken away from them. Their whole future is gone. Abortion is wrong when committing it for a selfish reason. Abortion is and probably always will be a highly controversial issue in the United States. The procedure of an abortion has been legal in the country since 1973, the abortion rights battle continues on to this year of 2015.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Human rights, Abortion debate]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Roe v. Wade There really cannot be a discussion about being pro-life or the pro-life movement without first discussing Roe v. Wade. This monumental Supreme Court Case, which was decided over forty years ago, is what has put the pro-life, pro-choice debate front and center. Some have even said that the two sides are “ensnared in a violent and deadly war” (Tomlin, 1994, 423). With the decision the pro-lifer’s were now in opposition to the status quo, while putting “pro-choicers within the established law” (Vanderford, 1989, 167).... [tags: pro-choice, constitutional rights]
2068 words (5.9 pages)
- In our society today, we are surrounded by various controversial issues. One such topic that has aroused much debate is abortion. People all over the world have begun to question the legality of it. You can take one of two stances on abortion: pro-life, or pro-choice. Those who favor pro-life refuse to support the idea of induced abortion and strongly feel that it should be illegal. In fact, they consider it murder. Those who favor pro-choice believe that abortion should remain legal for a number of reasons (Alters, 5).... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Abortion debate, Human rights]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- Many people are familiar with the term abortion and its popular controversy in society today. Anyone who is familiar with the term should also be familiar with the two groups that form the controversy of abortion: pro-life and pro-choice. The article I chose is written by Terry O’Neill and is titled, “Legal Abortion Can Be a Lifeline”. The article was published on January 22, 2013, to U.S. News. It argues that abortion saves lives rather than taking them. O’Neill’s claim “abortion is a lifeline” rests upon the questionable assumption that a baby inside a womb is not considered life.... [tags: Roe v. Wade, Abortion]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- Each year there is 44 million abortions in the world. Abortion first happened in the 1800s in Western Europe, it has been around in every corner of the world for the past years. Abortion became a “thing” to prevent suffering of the mother and her future child. After the 1800’s that 's when many people began to think of abortion as cruel and inhumane. After making abortion legal in the United States it became one of the most controversial issues ever. Due to abortion being one of the most controversial topics ever it has caused disagreements with the pro-life and pro-choice supporters.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Fetus, Childbirth]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Guilt, anger, anxiety, depression, broken relationships, “numbing”, and even suicide; all of these are symptoms of Post-Abortion Syndrome (PAS). PAS is the emotional/psychological damage women may experience after having an abortion. According to Dangers of Legal Abortion by Ann Saltenberger, women who have had abortions are nine times more likely to attempt suicide than women in the general population. Men, or the father, portray a range of emotions after their partner’s abortion. These include grief, guilt, rage/anger, relationship problems, and a sense of male impotence.... [tags: termination of pregnancy,careless disposal of life]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Abortion has been a big controversial topic not only in American but also all over the world. Many people struggle with what is right. Abortion comes down to the fact of if you believe life starts when a woman gets pregnant or if you believe life begins when the baby is born. There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to abortion. People that typically believe that life starts after the egg gets fertilized are pro-life while people who believe life starts when the baby is born is pro-choice.... [tags: Abortion, Human rights, Roe v. Wade]
1670 words (4.8 pages)
- Abortion is an issue which separates the American public, especially when it involves the death of children and women. When an abortion occurs, the medical doctor removes the fetus from the pregnant woman. This particular act has separated the public. Many believe that abortion is not morally and ethically correct. On the other hand, some people believe that carrying and delivering the unborn child will hinder the safety of the mother, then an abortion is needed. Each view has its own merit in the debate.... [tags: morality, ethics, criminal abortion laws]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- The Burden of Abortion, Pro Life In this world of war and struggle , the price of life has sky rocketed due to the selfishness of mankind. The obligations a woman is faced with throughout her life can be overwhelming, natural occurrences such as pregnancy and menstruation are no small worry, the kind of burden no male could ever imagine undergoing. The most heavily debated burden of women all across the world is the dreaded abortion. Each year, 46 million women worldwide experience an abortion, a fact that would make anyone sick to their stomach, bringing up the question, should abortion be legal.... [tags: Papers]
453 words (1.3 pages)
A human being is defined as a member of the species Homo sapiens, which includes embryos, fetuses, adults, and everyone with similar genetic coding. Therefore, if a baby is viable, then it’s murder, not abortion, because abortion is when the baby isn’t capable of living.Hopefully in the future, more people will be aware of the cruelty of abortion and the numbers will drop. Instead, try single-parenting or giving him/her up for adoption. There are currently 400,000 couples in America trying to adopt. Keep others aware of this horrible procedure. Spare a life.