Essay PreviewMore ↓
2. This example is showing that the two teen-aged girls are verbally communicating. This is all that can be accomplished by the use of a telephone. The two girls can not see each other there-fore it is near to completely impossible to make hand jesters or other forms of non-verbal communication maybe making it difficult to fully understand their feelings about the event.
3. This is an example of total non-verbal communication. There are no words being expressed by the teacher in any verbal form. The student is just reading them off of her computer. By using this method the student may not grasp all of the information given 100%.
4. My personal favorite, the ever famous ?COME AND EAT!!!!? I don?t believe it is one of the best approaches at a method of verbal communication. In my eighteen years of experience nothing has accomplished in getting my attention better then the dinner yell. It is a straight forward verbal communicating method that is universally understood.
I like to communicate with people, more then the average person. Part of that reason is because it is part of my job. As a restaurant manager I must familiarize myself with the customers. It is my job to be a representative of the company. I must act hospitable and greet all of the customers with a smile.
I smile when I greet the customers and welcome them with open arms. These methods of communicating are a select handful that I do each day. I use hand gestures when I direct others and myself. I try to limit the hand gestures but it just comes natural to me. I was told by my speech teacher a few years back that it adds character and depth to my speeches.
I believe that I communicate well and I get my point across to others when it is needed. In my line of work, like I said, I communicate a lot.
Non-Verbal Communication: Non-Verbal communication is a arrangement of physical gestures from hand movements to eye motions. Any form of communicating without the use of words.
1. thumbs up
4. sticking out your tongue
8. waving arms
9. rolling your eyes
Eye contact has been around just as long as all forms of communication. Without eye contact you could not understand what someone was trying to tell you. Eye contact is used to look at the communicator or to communicate all on its own. Ancient philosophers believed that all the power in the world rests inn the eyes of people.
How to Cite this Page
"Interpersonal Communication." 123HelpMe.com. 26 Aug 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- To get a general understanding of what interpersonal communication is, let’s break it down. The prefix “inter-” mean between and the suffix “-al” means pertaining to. Interpersonal communication pertains to the communication between people. However, there are many features of interpersonal communication making it more complex, but not difficult. Interpersonal communication is very selective, meaning that the methods and how intimately we choose to communicate with others is completely up to us. Interpersonal communication is also systematic.... [tags: Communication, Interpersonal relationship]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Chapter three of “Interplay: The Process of Interpersonal Communication” demonstrates a models of “self-disclosure that can help better understand how self-revelation operates in our relationships(pg 87).” By learning about self-disclosure and understanding the models, I was able to understand the effects and process of self- disclosure between my parent and I. It illustrated how self-revealing can be effective in making the relationship between my parents and I stronger and more efficient in understanding one another.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Communication]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- This paper will explore how the impact of my self-image could affect interpersonal communication. Erik Erikson, renowned psychoanalyst, suggests “self-concept are defined as an individual’s conceptualization of his or her self.” (Potter & Perry, 2014, p. 300) This indicates that how we communicate with other individuals define our intrapersonal and interpersonal relationship. People tend to be oblivious of the true feelings that many individuals frequently keep hidden from others. There is a preconceived notion that many people who suffer from depression actually limit their interactions with others, and spend all of their time in a saddened state.... [tags: Communication, Interpersonal communication]
1024 words (2.9 pages)
Interpersonal Communication Enhances Organizational Behavior And Increases The Effectiveness Of An Organization
- Interpersonal communication enhances organizational behavior and increases the effectiveness of an organization. For that reason it must be effectively handled to ensure the fulfillment of the organizations’ goals. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, having strong interpersonal communications skills should be “must have” qualities when going into any career field. (dol.gov/odep/topics/youth/softskills/Communication.pdf, April 22, 2016) For example, if you were in a job interview, your interpersonal communication skills come in handy because it proves to the employer, through your responses, your way of communication with others and demonstrates how well you listen, manage, and interp... [tags: Communication, Interpersonal communication]
2133 words (6.1 pages)
- It is evident that communication is a huge part of everyone 's everyday life. There are a variety of different ways that people use to communicate in their lives. But the most common way to communicate is through interpersonal communication. It occurs when two individuals are close and able to equip feedback to the other person involved. It does differ from just your typical communication because there are only a couple members involved, the people involved tend to be close with each other already, and the reaction is prompt.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Family, Communication]
2005 words (5.7 pages)
- As I planed to take this class, I thought this course would be like all other general education courses. I believed that it would be of little use to me. However, after attending the first class, my view has changed completely. I applied each and every theory to my life. Amazingly all these ideas were exactly applicable. Perception checking is one of the things that I believe the most. As I looked back, I found tones of different times where I could have used perception checking to over come my problems.... [tags: Interpersonal Communication]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Interpersonal communication theories are interesting and compelling to read. They are astonishingly relatable to one’s everyday life. As one reads an interpersonal communication theory, he or she may find himself or herself thinking of instances in daily life and relationships that directly correspond with the theory. I found the theories to be eerily similar to how many people behave, communicate, and think with regards to interacting with one another. Interpersonal communication theories describe the communication between two or more individuals through verbal, non verbal, and written communication.... [tags: Communication]
1938 words (5.5 pages)
- There are all different types of communication that people will use through out their life. The most important type of communication is interpersonal communication. Interpersonal communication differs from other forms of communication in that there are few participants involved, the participants are in close proximity to each other, there are many sensory channels used, and feedback is immediate. Interpersonal communication is the information received from listening to what someone else is saying.... [tags: Communication, informative]
1506 words (4.3 pages)
- Competence in interpersonal communication can be assessed both through general interpersonal interactions and non-verbal communication. Both general competence and non-verbal competence are very important to the way that we communicate and have great influence on the message that we relay to those with whom we communicate. After watching the conversation recorded between Matt and I, I have realized that although there are some areas in which I am a competent communicator, there are areas where I could benefit to improve.... [tags: Non-verbal Communication, Articulation]
2489 words (7.1 pages)
- Interpersonal communication is the most important kind of communication. It happens when two individuals are in a close proximity to each other, and they are able to provide immediate feedback to one another. IPC (interpersonal communication) is the way we express our thoughts, feelings, and ideas to the people around us. Interpersonal communication is something you need to do well as it affects many aspects of your life. Interpersonal communication is a learned skill that can be improved with knowledge and practice.... [tags: Communications]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
Your dog can even communicate with you just by using his eyes. You know when he is sad, when he is hungry and when he is happy.
Some people have been immortalized by their eyes. On of the more recent figures is ?The Rock?, I know a wrestler may not be a historical figure like Ben Franklin and George Washington but we all know who ?The Rock? is because of his infamous stare.]
As for the ancient philosophers I believe that they were right, because how would we be able to see all forms of communicating without the power to see.
1. Gangsta, 1990?s-current, talking like a straight up G, from the LBC, Wit Ya Homies.
2. Early nineties Rocker, 89-93, Go rent Wayne?s world
3. Valley Girl, 80?s, ?like? was adapted into today?s language, but it was a form of California girl talk.
1. Brenda, Tracy and myself: school work. Hand motions, eye movement. None.
2. April, Sandee, Myself: A water pipe broke to the ice machine. April and Sandee running around like the world was going to end, I was confused to why they were so worked up because of such a small problem, they did not understand what I was trying to say so I just fixed the problem.
3. Dayna and myself: Relationship, huffing and puffing and anger grunts(from her), she refused to think that I work just as hard as she does, she said her life was bad because she is the only one carrying their weight in our relationship, a lot of miscommunication.