Essay PreviewMore ↓
In using my Intrapersonal communication I trying to process the information from the environment and sending explanations to myself. The first I can remember doing this a lot. I was watch the other members that work in the office very closely in how they talk to each other. What kind of verbal and non-verbal communication do they use. I do not think I was doing to be critical but to merely understand whom I am working with and get some kind of feeling where I will fit in.
One interesting message that I picked up was small but something to remember. There are two different offices for the outdoor recreation program. Jared has one and Crissy has the other one. Walking into Crissy office everything is in place ver net and clean. You’re able to see everything easily. When you go into Jared office you got a disaster. Boxes of Tennis stuff all over the office. In the other corner you have outdoor magazines all over the floor and side desk. His desk is filled with paper work after paper work. On the other sided of the office you have the work-study desk and that is neat and cleaned off. Sometimes I wonder if it is a man woman thing that the desks are clean or disorder. See how Jared now works with four women in the offices. I do not think that it is true because I have some friends who are woman and their desks are dirtier than Jared’s is. The good thing that I have noticed about Jared thought is that his may look disorder but he know where everything is. If I would have asked the girls for something on their desk they could not have found it very quickly.
I always see Jared and Crissy outside of the office and they always speak to me and ask me how I am doing. When they send me e-mails they are always friendly and telling me to have ‘good’ or ‘great’ weekends. So I do see that they are trying to make it as comfortable as they can or know how. They always tell me that education comes’ first so if I had a big exam or something like then I could work on that during my hour if I need to.
How to Cite this Page
"Intrapersonal Intern." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Apr 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For the UCDC summer 2014 program, I worked as a business intern at National Education Association (NEA). NEA is the largest professional association as well as the largest labor union in the United States. Members include teachers, professors, school bus drivers, and people working in the US educational system. The organization has more than 3 million members and the association operates on membership payments. Since I am majoring in economics and accounting, my main interest while finding a summer internship was to acquire corporate experience related to the field of accounting and to learn more about the business aspect of how an organization operates.... [tags: Intern, Internship, Purchase requisition]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- a. Tell me about yourself. I’m always passionate about business IT and leading edge technology in both enterprise and consumer standpoint so that I decided to major in MIS and computer science. For my internship, I have been an application performance monitoring intern at BCBS, where my responsibilities were handling different sources of data, consolidating the information, analyzing and developing business reports for upper manager. The reason I particularly enjoyed this opportunity is the chance to interact with high volume of data, imply security standards on them and work in an actual team in a real setting.... [tags: Project management, Project, Management, Intern]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Students are recruited from the schools of pharmacy via short advertisement displayed as a Power Point during a required class for first-year and second-year students. Interested students will be required to submit a resume along with the personal statement to the internship program director. Pharmacy students who express their interest in research pharmacy will be invited for an interview with the program director. Students who are self-motivated and possess great communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills will be offered a position of an intern.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical drug]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Some of the limitations that I felt myself come across is that as an intern I was not able to follow up with my case load as much as I would have wanted. For one, my program is outpatient community based, meaning most of my interactions were at his home with a social worker because we are not allowed to use government vehicles to make home visits. This was difficult because I was not able to gain full rapport with my client because there was always an extra set of eyes that was also interfering with the process of rapport building.... [tags: Social work]
1667 words (4.8 pages)
- ... These attitudes included empathy, positive regard for me as person, genuineness, alertness, and compassion. In regards to empathy, Sarah made sure to listen to my statements, and then communicated to me a summary of what I discussed with her. This reinforced that she was actively listening, alert, and wanted to communicate her understanding of what we discussed. Peterson and Nisenholz (1999), view empathy as the most important core condition, and necessary to help clients feel more comfortable with discussing certain topics.... [tags: counseling sessions/experience]
1606 words (4.6 pages)
- Technology is something that people all over the world are using to communicate with family members and friends. College students are frequently using different models of communication by using the internet and mobile technology. I am interested in these issues because social media has influenced how students are now communicating more frequently through technology. This has affected how communication is conducted interpersonal and intrapersonal. The problem is there has been a declined in traditional face to face communication and it is frequently changing every year.... [tags: Communication, Nonverbal communication]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- An Intern’s Dilemma Working well with others, especially those in a position of authority is a sought after characteristic for employers. However, disrupting the stagnant norm for good reason is essential for community and business growth, particularly when it concerns ethics. Leaders are created by the hard decisions they make that develops influence over others, regardless of the delegation of power. Describe what Mark Identified as being unethical. Mark was asked by the Asia office executives of a technology company, he desired to intern for, to conduct a project of gathering information on competitors in his area.... [tags: Ethics, Business ethics, Applied ethics, Morality]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Success is something individuals aim for through all stages of life. Succeeding at university may entail passing courses, achieving learning goals and consequently graduating, while gaining some experience and exposure. At work, success could take a different form of gaining a job, accomplishing goals, and seeking promotions. While the definition of success may differ for university students and employees at an organisation, the basic principles and skills required are very similar. Individuals require both intrapersonal and interpersonal perception in order to achieve success, whether at university or work.... [tags: sucess, skills, self-monitoring]
1049 words (3 pages)
- Exploring the Effects of Intrapersonal Communication on Interpersonal Communication The presence, or absence, of skills that relate to communication with oneself (intrapersonal communication) are critical influencers of many other aspects of oneself (Beebe, 2015). In particular, one’s intrapersonal communication impresses on one’s intrapersonal communication: mutual communication between yourself and at least one other (Beebe, 2015). The relationship between these two types of communication is complex and worth exploring.... [tags: Communication, Nonverbal communication, Writing]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- HSBC- we are the world's local bank The Business/Organization The HSBC Group is named after its founding member, The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, which was established in 1865 to finance the growing trade between Europe, India and China. The inspiration behind the founding of the bank was Thomas Sutherland, a Scot who was then working for the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company. He realized that there was considerable demand for local banking facilities in Hong Kong and on the China coast and he helped to establish the bank which opened in Hong Kong in March 1865 and in Shanghai a month later.... [tags: essays research papers]
3009 words (8.6 pages)
I am not really looking forward to writing those articles for the pharos because I do not feel that I am on a great leave of writing for a job. I know I do not even want to write articles when I get that real job. So am nervous that Jared and Crissy will be disappointed with me writing skills. I did orally tell Jared that I do not trust my writing skills to send something to the pharos with put his approval. I told him that so he knew the writing part needed some work on my part. I am hope that if I indeed write these articles then by the end of the semester my writing will improve some.