Essay PreviewMore ↓
In the old days computers had to be fed instructions by hand written on a strip of tape. Now computers do most of the grunt work automatically allowing the program to focus on the problem to be solved as opposed to telling the computer how to solve the problem. This way work is done on a computer much faster and easier then before.
The different programming languages used to give the computers instructions have come very far from the original tapes used, and they are still progressing. New languages are easier to use and can accomplish quickly what used to take a very long time in older languages. However these newer languages are not perfect because they are often forced to sacrifice flexibility and control to allow things to be done faster. This is because in order to do instructions faster and more simply things have to be assumed by the compiler that would need be included in the code for a lower level programming language. This can be a good thing because it lets programs be written more quickly and easily, but it also takes these things out of the control of the user. This can lead to more stable code since the programmer cannot make mistakes in these parts, but then the programmer cannot change these things if they need to be changed for some reason.
Something important to remember with these new programming languages is that while they can make things easier they can only do so much. It will still take time to create a program no matter how easy the language used is. Also lower level more difficult programming languages will still be needed for creating programs that require more control then is usually allowed in a newer high level language.
With the world moving into a new age of computing having programming languages that are easier to use become very important. It may very soon reach the point where anyone can become a bit of a programmer because the computer languages are so easy to use. This is why this can be such an important field. After all someone has to make these easy languages in the first place.
There are a number of languages that have been made that are easy to use. A web page discussing them says "The "easy languages" (my own designation) Perl, Awk, Python, Tcl/Tk, and Visual Basic are free (not vb), easy to learn, but currently lack the source code and examples…" (par.
How to Cite this Page
"Easier to Learn Programming Languages." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Programming Languages Programming language is a form of language that is designed to communicate instructions to a computer; the language can be used to control the behavior of the computer or calculate math equations. There are five generations of programming languages that have been developed from the 1930’s to present day. These programs make it capable for computers to perform a number of applications from computing algorithms to directing the behavior of the computer. Once the first computers were created programming languages took longer to develop.... [tags: Computer, Programming language, Computer program]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- Topic Analysis Essay – Computer Programming A computer is not a very smart thing on its own. This is because a computer cannot do much besides calculate math figures and such by itself. That is where computer programming comes in. Computer programming allows you to make the computer “smarter.” It does this by telling the computer what to do. Without computer programming computers would be almost completely useless. To tell the computer what to do programming gives it commands. Creating these commands requires creating variables and assigning them values.... [tags: Programming language, Computer program]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- As a result of these problems, to achieve high levels of reuse in OOP, one is often forced to write very small classes, which leads to an explosion in the number of classes in a system. (Krubner 2014, 41) The irony of all of this is that programmers reuse code without OOP—often by simply copying and pasting. There 's no need to superimpose some elaborate structure of interacting, instantiated objects, with all the messaging and fragility that it introduces into a program. (Mansfield 2005, 1) 7. OOP IS MORE DIFFICULT TO LEARN OOP requires more discipline, management and training than classic software development does.... [tags: Object-oriented programming, Programming language]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- People use programs in their everyday lives, even if they don’t know it. But to start off, one needs to know what a program is. A program is a set of instructions that controls the operation of a machine. This is used everywhere. Whether a person is writing a paper or browsing the internet, taking a picture or playing a video game, everything people do on electronic devices runs on a program. Programming is an area that may confuse most people. There are many types of programming and many more types of programming languages.... [tags: Programming language, Computer programming]
1144 words (3.3 pages)
- Python is one of the most commonly used programming languages in the field. According to Van Rossum this is because “Python is remarkably free from many of the hang-ups of conventional programming languages. This is perhaps due to my choice of examples: besides ABC, my main influence was Modula-3.” When compared to C or any other language, Python is much easier to use because it is so free of hang ups and the coding is so much shorter than any other language allows. Python uses indentation or “white space” in its code instead of using a bracket or brace like C++.... [tags: computer programming languages]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- Statistics show that 90 percent of Americans own computers. All of these computers have capability to do amazing thing. Computers and the things that they can do make life easier. Without the career of computer programming, these things wouldn’t be possible. Computer programmers create a sequence of instructions to enable the computer to do something. Computer programming is interesting because of a love for computers and the things that they can do. To become a person that makes life easier for others involves computer programing.... [tags: Technological Advancements, Careers, Internet]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- “This is the digital age where work is increasingly being done at the click of a button” (Joshi). When someone is searching the internet from a laptop computer, what is crossing the person’s mind. Does a person think about the programming language that makes the laptop able to fulfill their request. The different computer languages are C++, Perl, Lisp, and Java for starters, and let’s not even start on the sub-groups like gaming or operating system programs. The C++ language is the best starting point for people wanting to enter into a career of programming.... [tags: C++, peral, lisp, java]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- The Future of Computer Programming Computers are probably the most important invention of this century if not of all time. Right now people use computers for just about everything in the world and they are becoming a necessity in peoples’ lives just as many other new technologies. To say you cannot use a computer this day and age is almost like saying you are illiterate. In order for computers to function and be accessible to people there must be applications or instructions for the computer. In order to make these applications one must write them by programming in a certain computer language.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
- Computer Programming Choosing to do a research on a career can be a little easier to do when you have some or a general knowledge a particular field of work. There are many different types of jobs one can decide to undertake, one of which is in the most popular line of work today: Computer Programming. Although this line of work might seem a little tiresome but you might find it enjoyable by people with lots of patience and the will to do long and tidious work. Most programmers in large corporations work in teams, with each person focusing on a specific aspect of the total project(AOL).... [tags: essays research papers fc]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Java is one of many high-level programming languages that use abstraction (reducing and factoring details) to create software for computers and many other electronic devices. Compared to low-level programming languages, high-level programming languages use a mixture of natural language (any language used by humans) and typical computer terms to create an easier to understand and simpler form of programming. Figures 1 and 2 show the difference in writing a simple program called “Hello World” in Assembly (a low-level programming language) and in Java.... [tags: Computer Programming]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
The world is heading toward a time when computers will be used for nearly everything. It is important that we plan for that time with programming languages that are easier to learn and use so that everyone will be able to use computers in the future. Then everyone will be able to use computers for any task they need and not just tasks that others have done.