Essay PreviewMore ↓
The first day of class was absolutely not that bad as I thought it would be. The time that I picked was great its not to last but its not too early. It s just the right time to get to class. The classroom was as scorching like the desert. It is very hot in the class. It makes write in the class hard to do but that is something I guess I just have to deal with. Just like Columbia is around this time of year. The class also seems to have some interesting people in the class. There was a lot of dance and film majors there so I consider were bound to here some intense story’s.
I was really impressed on how well organized Alexia Hall was with the class she seem to know where she wanted to the class to be at the end of the semester. We were past out with the class policies and a syllabus of what we were going to do the whole semester. I thought this was very convenient so that there was no mixed signals in the group.
Alexia Hall the teacher personally seems to be a person who does not like to play games with her students. She seems like a straight froward person. I have a feeling she has heard a lot of excuse of why students do not have their papers. She warn us not to start killing off are family when paper are due. Which I thought it was funny, because even as a student I have heard some crazy stories about people who just kill of there whole family when a paper due or a test day.
I feel that the class is tremendously large, but that always changes at mid term I feel that over 40 % will drop the class they always do. I am just hope that I am not one of those people to drop out of class.
The class seems to go really fast. I like the way we can say and write the way we feel about the subject matter. Having the Internet access is also a plus just for the fact that we can look up information on topics and write about it.
Class participation was great everyone joined in on the discussion. People in the class felt comfortable talking out loud and putting there two sense in.
How to Cite this Page
"First day of class." 123HelpMe.com. 27 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When I hear the word outsider, I think of something that don’t belong to that place. Something that seems or feels wrong. When I think of the word outsider, I image a cat trying to fit in with a group of dogs. I know this because one time I felt like the cat. I was trying to fit in a group that I thought I did not belong. I experience this situation when I moved to the United States, in August 2009 . In addition, I felt like a lonely girl, trying to create a new life in a place that I thought I did not belong.... [tags: High school, High School Musical, Perception]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- ‘I am going to fail’ was the very first thought that crept into my mind on that very first day of class. Before I stepped into the classroom on the first day, I felt pretty good about my writing. I had done previously well in English, and didn’t think this class would be much of a challenge. This all changed on the first day of school, when my professor talked about the level of reading and writing expected for this class. I remember thinking ‘I don’t read, why couldn’t I have been born someone who likes to read?!’ Since this moment on the very first day of class, I have grown immensely through hard work.... [tags: Writing, Essay, English-language films, Sit-in]
1878 words (5.4 pages)
- My sixteen week class in English 111. I was really nervous about this class. Because English has never been my strong point. This class has hard, but fun all at the same time. I learn a lot from this class. Meanwhile,the first day of class you handed a paper with a question on it. “The first thing I want to say to you who are students is that you must not think of being here to receive an education; instead, you will do much better to think of being here to claim one.” Even though putting my all in what I have learned, claiming my education with hard work because using the skills of the meal plan, as we write to different audiences and learning to be a Critically thinker as I start becoming... [tags: Critical thinking, Learning, Writing, Skill]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- Looking back on my first day of class, I remember being extremely nervous to be attending a real college class. English has always intimidated me, with trying to wrap my mind around all of the rules revolving around writing papers and grammar. Needless to say, I had a difficult time with this subject. Now that the semester is finally ending, I feel so much more confident in my ability to write papers. I also feel a vast improvement in remembering grammar rules. As with any class, there are many components that come together for a student to be successful in English 111.... [tags: Better, Writing, Essay, Improve]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- When I First signed up for this class I can honestly say I had no idea what sociology was this was just one of those classes I had to take to get into Saint Martin’s. The first day of class I wasn’t sure what to except but as Carlos introduced the class to sociology I was excited to learn some new things but I had no idea what was in store. The information in this class has opened my eyes to so many different ideas of what today’s society truly is and how we are trained not to see it. I feel like a blindfold was removed from my eyes in the duration of this class and the events of this year have been perfect modern examples of what we were learning in class.... [tags: Gender, Feminism, Gender role, Woman]
1893 words (5.4 pages)
- Discover Looking back on this class, there a lot of different moments that stuck with me and gave me things to think about in terms of my own life. The first moment and one of the more memorable ones was the first day of class. We were split up in half with one half of the class getting one paper and the other side getting another paper. We were tasked with reading the scenario presented in the paper then answering questions on the scenario. The group I was a part of had questions that looked at how horrible this boss was at the hospital and that everyone in the hospital worked to bring him back only for him to lay people off.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Steps, Greatest hits]
1382 words (3.9 pages)
- On our first day of class in the third grade, my teacher had asked us to write a paragraph on how we had spent our summer. The kids in the classroom looked at each and it was evident that they were having trouble writing a paragraph, but not me. I remember how eager I was to start writing and to share it with the class. I wrote about the pool we had in our backyard and how I spent most of my summer swimming and playing with my cousins. Writing was something that came natural to me. I enjoyed writing about movies I had watch, a book I had read, or about an event that happened in my life.... [tags: Writing, Essay, High school, Paper]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- Going into college I thought everything was going to be a breeze. Actually, I thought it would be just like high school. I quickly found out that, that wasn’t the case. It was so many different people. The setting wasn’t something I was used to at all. You know how in high school majority of the people were goofy not really focused on what they should be focused on. Here it was the total opposite. Everyone was ready to learn and do something with their lives. In high school we never started learning on the first day or even in the first week.... [tags: High school, College, Learning, Psychology]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- August 24, 2015: Getting Acquainted-Introductions August 26, 2015: Course Overview and Expectations The first day of class, Professor Birkenholz spoke about the definition of leadership. Before our class introductions, he took definitions of the word “leadership” from the audience as I pondered the definition of the word, myself. I thought I was a pretty good leader—being team captains on sports teams in high school and also the President of my school’s FFA chapter taught me how to stand up and speak out.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill, Definition]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- First day of class The first day of class was absolutely not that bad as I thought it would be. The time that I picked was great its not to last but its not too early. It s just the right time to get to class. The classroom was as scorching like the desert. It is very hot in the class. It makes write in the class hard to do but that is something I guess I just have to deal with. Just like Columbia is around this time of year. The class also seems to have some interesting people in the class. There was a lot of dance and film majors there so I consider were bound to here some intense story’s.... [tags: Essays Papers]
639 words (1.8 pages)
The way the class is set up on the grading system is furthermore excellent. If you do all your work in class and turn it in on time you should do ok in the class. My biggest problem in the class is the two unexcused absence policy but the rest I can deal with so it’s ok.
The materials that I need for the class are simple, and are not too hard to come by. Feel that I can manage to buy a disk and folder with pockets with out any troubles. The spiral notebooks I have plenty of them at home.
The course goals are very positive I feel that these goals can be meet with hard work and dedication. Not only are these course goals a requirements of the class but, I feel that these goals will help me threw out my collage years at Columbia Collage.
The amount of paper that we have to turn in is fair. It is really not that many papers to write. Counting the revisions we have to make on those five papers. It will keep me busy. It will also help me express my self on paper.
I feel that this class will be an enjoyment and a very good learning experience. It may be a change for me from writing papers in high school.