Essay PreviewMore ↓
When someone mentions the name Brian Warner you will probably not
realize who they are talking about, but if they say the name Marilyn
Manson one word may come into your mind, the devil incarnate. Brian
Warner or a.k.a. Marilyn Manson is one of the most influential people in
American music. Most people view him as a satanic follower or maybe
even a satanic leader. Others may view him as a sick perverted freak
only guided by his addiction to numerous drugs. But if you ask the
people who really know they will tell you that he is a genius who's
music is made to encourage people to question the existence of God and
believe in themselves. With lyrics like "When you get to Heaven you
will wish you're in Hell." from the song Wormboy off his latest CD
Antichrist superstar it is not hard for people to try to reject him.
Manson grew up in a stable house hold and even went to a strict catholic
school. In an interview with Neil Strauss in Rolling Stone
magazine Manson said "I was never afraid what was under the bed. I
wanted it and I never got it. I just became it." He always questioned
everything as a child and his parents really don't even mind it. His
mom for one isn't really to pleased by the way he acts in public but his
dad, on the other hand, is thrilled by the way he gets his listeners to
think for themselves. He is maybe the only gray-haired man with a black
Marilyn Manson T-shirt on.
Many listeners are young "Goth's" all decked out in black clothing and
pale-skin who, like Manson, only believe in themselves. The band itself
consists of five members: Marilyn Manson, Twiggy Ramirez, Ginger Fish,
Madonna Wayne Gacy, and Zim Zum. The band members developed their name
by taking the first name of a super-model and the last name of a serial
killer. When the band first started they were called Marilyn Manson &
The Spooky Kids, until they were discovered by Trent Reznor the
industrial music creator of the hit band Nine Inch Nails.
How to Cite this Page
"Marlyn Manson." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marilyn Manson and The Shock Rock Effect on America Marilyn Manson is a shock rock and industrial rock band known for their gothic stage shows and controversial music during the 1990s and the 2000s. Discovered by Nine Inch Nails producer Trent Reznor, Marilyn Manson produced extremely gothic industrial metal albums aimed towards young people who enjoyed trash metal, death metal, industrial rock, and grunge. This enabled the band to gain a cult following that eventually broke into the mainstream, getting major hits and Grammy nominations.... [tags: Heavy metal music, Rock music, Nine Inch Nails]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- Charles Manson Charles Manson was a criminal and major cult leader. In the late 1960’s, he formed the cult which he later named The Manson Family. Manson's “family” committed nine murders at four different locations. In 1971, Manson was convicted of first degree murder for the deaths of seven of the nine murders, two years before conviction. Manson was later convicted of first degree murder of the concluding two deaths later that year. Before the cult and the murders, Manson was a singer-songwriter associated with the Los Angeles Music Industry and Dennis Wilson, who was the drummer of the Beach Boys.... [tags: Charles Manson, Mann Act, The Beach Boys]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Charles Manson was the leader and founder of the cult the Manson Family or The Family, a group of people well known for being serial killers in the late 1960’s. It was believed that they were associated with cult-quasi-religious groups, that came about in the 1960’s and they are still here today. They believe they know what the future of the planet is, when it will end, and how. In a biography of Charles Manson and the Manson Family it said this, “In August 1969 a series of Hollywood murders were to shock the world and tarnish the 60’s free love and peace legacy.”(Biography Channel 2013.) Charles Manson himself never committed any murders with his own hands, but the murders were committed un... [tags: Manson Family, Star Witness]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- Charles M. Mason Charles Manson and his followers known as, (The Family) were convicted of the murders in Los Angles back in 1969. Based on the prosecution’s theory that they were part of a plan to trigger the Helter Skelter (an apocalyptic war arising from racial tensions between blacks and whites) scenario. In this paper, we will discuss how Charles Manson was a Visionary Leader, however his Vision was tainted with Unethical Decision Making. Charles Mason used power of persuasion and manipulation to achieve his vision of chaos.... [tags: Charles Manson, Vincent Bugliosi, Helter Skelter]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- Justice is something that we all as human being want to see fulfill, especially when we are the one that need it for us or our love ones. The family members of those who were killed by Susan Atkins and her companion will agree with it. The damage cause to their dears and the endless pain and suffering in effect from their death will support the decision take by the parole board in September 2, 2009 in the denial of a compassionate release due to Atkins’ health. In 1969 the first crime scenario took place with the murder of a man called Gary Hinman.... [tags: manson´s cult essays]
693 words (2 pages)
- Charles Manson and the Manson Family Charles Manson was born on November 12, 1934. His parents were Walter Scott and Kathleen Maddox, but shortly after, his stepdad, William Manson, adopted him. Charles Manson has three children. Charles Milles Manson, Jr., Charles Luther Manson, and Valentine Michael. Charles Manson was married twice, first with Rosalie Jean Willis then, later, with Candy Stevens. Charles Manson is currently imprisoned for life because he and his “Family” were accused of the horrific murders of the Tate and LaBianca families.... [tags: Charles Manson, Vincent Bugliosi, Paul Watkins]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- Manson and the Manson Family In this investigation we have been focused on a suspect named Charles Milles Maddox, known as Charles Manson, along with the “Manson Family” members. There has been rumors and conspiracies of other crimes related to the family but the main crimes of focus is the Tate-LaBianca along with Gary Hinman which was later discovered and connected by the Malibu Police Department. The two gruesome murders that occurred and were handled by the LAPD was first the murder of Sharon Tate along with four of her friends in the house that night.... [tags: Charles Manson, Sharon Tate, Susan Atkins]
1849 words (5.3 pages)
- Why Marilyn Manson is a Success Slowly the lights dim and the volume of the crowd rises. About 3,000 people have come to Massey Hall in Toronto on this night to witness what some consider rocks most bizarre spectacle: Marilyn Manson. They grip the back of the seat in front of them in anticipation of what is to come, some are almost to excited to stand still whilst others seem just a little bit scared. It begins with a few dull flashes from strobe lights accompanied with ear splitting guitar feedback noise.... [tags: Papers]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- History The first signs of Marilyn Manson was in 1989 in Southern Florida, when Manson, then a Ohio-born photojournalism major, and Daisy, then a guitarist who had been through five bands, came together and formed a band. Their names were changed to Marilyn Manson and Daisy Berkowitz. The names would come from different tabloid TV shit. By 1990, Marilyn Manson became Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids. Manson was singer, Daisy the lead guitar, Gidget Gein as bass, Madonna Wayne Gacy on the keyboards (he replaced the original keyboardist: Zsa Zsa Speck), and a drum machine.... [tags: essays research papers]
563 words (1.6 pages)
- Manson gets hard time church for eternity. As I enter the land known as the fourth circle, it was called the heretics. The word heretic means a person or persons who go against the churches beliefs. As I went into the land of heretics, I blinded by the brightness of the church and everything is sight, I was overtaken by the smell of fresh clean holy air. Also when I walked in, I heard some church music and I saw a tall, skinny, black haired man who was covering his ears, trembling and shaking his head.... [tags: people against the Church]
500 words (1.4 pages)
great talent in Manson and decided to give him a chance. With Reznor's
help Manson has become what we all know him today. The band hence-forth
has created three full length CD's: Portrait of an American Family,
Smells Like Children, and Antichrist Superstar. Four CD single's: Get
your gun, Sweet dreams, Tourniquet, and The beautiful people. And is
on the soundtrack's of: Lost Highway and Howard Stern's Private Parts.
Many rumors have been spread about Manson, mostly made-up on the
internet to make sure everyone has heard them, such as how he was
supposed to commit suicide Halloween of '96, to how he died from a drug
over dose in Phoenix as well as he played Paul on the Wonder Years and a
part as a child actor in Mr. Belvedere. But Manson denies all of these.
The only rumor which he claims true is the one about how he likes to go
on an acid trip in Disney Land. He say's that he likes to do this to
regain terror in a world where every thing is larger than life.
When summed up you may think of Manson as freak just like everyone
else, but once you know the true facts, maybe you to will realize what
kind of person Brian Warner really is behind the mask of Marilyn Manson.
1. Marilyn Manson's Beautiful Nightmare. Rolling Stone by Neil Strauss.
January 23, 1997 no. 9.
2. Satan's Little Helpers. Time by David Thigpen. February 24, 1997
vol. 149 no. 8
3. Our Little Satan. Spin by Jeffrey Rotter. March 1997 vol. 12 no.
4. The Manson Misery train. http://220.127.116.11:80/chico/.
5. Antichrist Superstar. Marilyn Manson. Nothing records 1996.