Essay PreviewMore ↓
If the school considering requiring all students to wear uniform during school, this is not a good idea that all students think. It is because nowadays, teenager want to have their own style and wear whatever they want. They don't want anyone to force them wear the uniform. And they want to give any others students or friends saw their best look, best look can take give other students or friends' attention, they can attract other students by the look or style they wear. So most students will think wear their clothes are better than the school uniform.
First, some of the students think wear their clothes are the habit they they do that everyday. So they won't like to wear the uniform. And most the girls like to wear some clothes that can attract other boys to look at them and their friends will said they are so cool. Then the boys will date them and the girls will feel so happy and have another boyfriend. And in the other way, some of the boys always want to wear their clothes and look so cool to attract other girls, so they can have the other girlfriends. That is one reason they students like to wear their clothes and not uniform.
Second, some of the uniform in other school was so ugly or outdate. It is because the school teacher or principal don't know what the students like or what style do the students want to wear. Every students have their own style and their won't have the same idea as the other students. So the school cannot make a uniform to content all the students. And the other things is the students will think wear the school uniform was so dumb and stupid, and they think that the people in outside will laugh at them or make fun on them.
Third, the students want to be free, they want to have all the freedom. United state is a freedom country, they think they can wear the clothes in their way. It is because uniform maybe is some pressure for the students, they don't want school to force them to wear it. Uniform give the students a uncomfortable feeling, they will feel not comfortable to wear it, and now all teenager like to buy many clothes and wear different everyday. Maybe some students don't want people to know what school they are and if they wear uniform, the other people will know what school they are.
How to Cite this Page
"Requiring School Uniform." 123HelpMe.com. 21 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many schools across the world have implemented policies requiring a school uniform. This differs from a dress code by focusing on what the student should wear and setting an outfit specification instead of just prohibiting unwanted clothing (Wilde). Previously many private schools had this system, but as of 2014, about twenty percent of public schools had adopted this practice, a twelve percent difference since 2000 (Ordway) This drastic change could have been sparked by a comment made by the former US President Bill Clinton in an address to US citizens.... [tags: Education, Dress code, Uniforms, High school]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- Since 1987, the daily outfitting of public school students in the United States has been under debate from the conversations among parent and teachers to the halls of congress. Recently, cases involving drug and gang related clothing and sex-based discrimination policies made their way to the courts, causing several to wonder if this debate will ever be resolved. The debate may continue for many years, however when reviewing all the statistical data, it can be said that not only does having a school uniform policy increase student self-esteem and improve learning, but also decreases the influence of gangs within the community.... [tags: Dress code, Education, School uniform]
1722 words (4.9 pages)
- Students and parents, especially students, are stressing out about having to wear school uniforms. Requiring school uniform has done many destruction to students. It has made them feel uncomfortable that it has get them to the point where they can not even learn. Researchers in University of Nevada established that 90 percent of students in school do not like wearing school uniforms (Should Students Have to Wear School Uniforms). Many students feel that wearing a dress code takes away their right and they feel like their opinions don 't even matter.... [tags: Dress code, School uniform, Education, Uniforms]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Roland 4 INTRODUCTION Coming from a society today where teens and pre-teens are very so much into fashion. Fashion is one a variety of ways of expressing one’s individuality, creativity, or just sense of classic style. In public high schools; students are forced to wear uniforms creating a feeling of oneness. School uniforms have many advantages and disadvantages. It also depends on what an individual think about uniforms. Recent studies have said that schools, where students wear uniforms, have higher academic performances and that it cuts down on bullying, but that’s not the case.... [tags: High school, Education, Clothing, School uniform]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- Schools around the country have a growing concern of violence and safety. One way they are controlling this issue is through the use of school uniforms. One in every five schools across the country both public and private are now requiring a school uniform.(Daniels) Students oppose the use of uniforms in schools due to lack of expression. "My belief is that when you go to school, you go to school to learn.” said Barbara Thompson superintendent of Montgomery schools.(Nettles) Students are in school to learn and not to worry about what they are wearing.... [tags: pressure, unity, discipline]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Requiring school uniforms can become dehumanizing. Asking a student to wear a uniform is equivalent to asking a student to be someone else. Uniforms remove students’ identities, and in many cases uniforms make students uncomfortable. Public schools should not require students to wear a school uniform. Before this subject can be analyzed further, there are a few key terms that must be defined. Dress codes are: “Rules designed by school districts or individual schools to prescribe students’ attire” (Chittom 1).... [tags: Education ]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- We’ve all seen it, do not lie. Boys and girls alike, making sexist jokes in the hallway and laughing like it’s funny. Seeing boys objectifying girls, and vice versa, as if it is not an action that is humiliating and ridiculous. Young and impressionable, we have been taught from a young age to fight each other and bully each other with a simple saying: “Girls rule, boys drool. Boys rule, girls drool!” Regrettably, the idea is displayed on T-shirts at Target and Justice, and it’s tearing schools apart.... [tags: Dress code, Education, School uniform, Uniforms]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- Uniforms are distinctive clothing worn by members of the same organization or body or by children attending certain schools. Many districts can help make their schools safer by requiring uniforms. Studies shows uniforms have the most impact, but how did uniforms get involved with public schools. In 1980’s public schools were often compared unfavorably to Catholic Schools, some public schools decided to adopt a school uniform policy (Humanist 59.2). Factually, private schools principally require uniforms, back far as the 16th century in England.... [tags: High school, Dress code, College, Education]
1368 words (3.9 pages)
- The requirement of school uniforms in our public schools is a big issue in our community. Among our teachers, parents, and students, everyone has a different opinion. School uniforms will help solve many issues inside and outside our school walls. For the students, uniforms will help eliminate the everyday worries of trying to fit in with other students, parents will not have to deal with the financial stress of buying fashionable and expensive clothes, and teachers will have a better advantage with providing a better learning environment with students more focus on their education, rather than what their wearing to school.... [tags: Education]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Informs in Public Schools School uniforms has come up many times in debates in schools around the United States. Many say that uniforms will solve problems in the schools while others say that uniforms violate freedom of speech. The National Association of Elementary School Principals did a study of all the schools across the country and “revealed that one out of five (21 percent) public, private and parochial school principals had either instigated a uniform policy, were currently writing one, or had it on their agenda for consideration.... [tags: High school, Dress code, Education, School uniform]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
At last, most of the students don't want to wear the school uniform to school, but maybe there are some students they want to wear school uniform. They think that school uniform can make the school become more like a family and every students is fair to each other.
But mostly of the students don't want to wear it, it is because, high school is not a middle school already, their mind is already grow up. They are already independence, they have their own right and style to wear the clothes. That's why students can have freedom to wear whatever clothes they want right now in United state of America.