Essay PreviewMore ↓
A radical nut can be screaming at you off a street corner shouting something about
your soul and a “God” who loves you. He yells “God is real, save your soul!” and no one
stops to think much more then “This guy is crazy!”. Where is the proof in that? This is
one of the major problems people have when trying to understand a higher power. This
essay will consist of mind bending proof that we walk by each day, and the changing
effects of having faith in Jesus Christ.
It’s safe to say that many people of this age believe in a higher power, as did many
hundreds of years ago. In fact Adolf Hitler wanted to kill every living Jew because they
thought that God had told him them to do it. The ancient Egyptians worshipped cats as
Gods. Any cat owner can tell you that cats have never gotten over it! Statistics of today show that 1.7 billion people world wide are Christians and that 875 million are Sunni Islamic. Recent Canadian Census only counted 21,975 agnostics (someone who is
uncertain about the existence of God) and a surprising total of 1.3 million North
Americans are atheists (has no belief in God). That makes up 0.5% of the North
Many people say “I need proof” as they are walking past a tree that gives that gives
them the very oxygen they need to live. We as humans take for granted the proof that is
around us each day. Creation itself is working proof of God. A tiny ant is complete with a brain and nervous system, the planets are perfectly aligned for us to neither freeze nor burn, we have teeth to chew, nails to scratch and cells so complex we can function.
Speaking of complexity look at our bodies, our bones and blood so perfectly designed..
After a few biology classes most of us can agree that life was created on purpose. When
one evaluates the scientific evidence for the existence of a creator and accept evolution instead, they have more faith then any Christian. They have faith in chance, by which somehow everything came to be.
The thing that is so amazing about this eternal, devoted creator is that of all his
vast creation, humanity is what He cares and loves the most. It is the Christian belief that shortly after the creation, humans were cut off from his creator by disobeying Him.
How to Cite this Page
"Living Proof." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One of the things I remember from childhood is the innocent, if not irritating, repetition of four-line songs on the playground. One lyric in particular seems to have embedded itself in my memory and lasted through the years: “First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in a baby carriage.” I am sure most of my fellow college students remember it well. Now that I am in my third year of college and in love, I find myself trying to shirk the marriage step by thinking of something that could be put in the middle of love and marriage.... [tags: childhood, marriage, living together,]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- Since the publishing of Charles Darwin’s Origin of Species, where the theory of evolution has arisen from, people have debated Creationism versus Evolution. Through supporting facts and statements the theory of evolution will be defended as being more than just a theory, and proven as fact. Evolution as a fact is reinforced through; scientific studies on DNA, genetics and its mutilation, the Fossil Record and the change in earlier species that has been found, and finally the distribution of related species of animals over a broad geographical range.... [tags: evolution]
625 words (1.8 pages)
- Finding out what you are. Ghost- a vision of a dead person that is believed to appear or become visible to the living as a vague image. There have been many cases in reality where one sees the ghost of their deceased loved ones or encounter some sort of paranormal activity in their life. “Proof” by David Auburn plays around with the “Ghost story” in his play to represent identity, memory of Catherine. Auburns “Proof” centers on four main characters; Robert, Catherine, Hal, and Claire. Robert, who is an esteemed mathematician is the father to Catherine, who is only 25 years old.... [tags: story and character analysis]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Even though it’s not easy to get people to change and it is not completely fail proof, green living should be introduced into the American way of life because it can make the environment cleaner and safer and save people money on electric, water, and gas. The concept of green living is based on simply carrying out acts of knowledge to keep our planet healthy. People were put on the earth to take care of it, not hurt it. Ironically, however, we are hurting it every day and in result it takes a toll on our population in negative ways.... [tags: solar energy, renewable energy, healthy planet]
1547 words (4.4 pages)
- Proof Of The Exsistence of God Either God exists or He doesn't. There is no middle ground. Any attempt to remain neutral in relation to God's existence is automatically synonymous with unbelief. It is far from a "moot" question, for if God does exist, then nothing else really matters; if He does not exist, then nothing really matters at all. If He does exist, then there is an eternal heaven to be gained (Hebrews 11:16) and an eternal Hell to be avoided (Revelation 21:8). The question for God's existence is an extremely important one.... [tags: essays research papers]
5940 words (17 pages)
- “Because we wanted our the messages to be published…” (Jordan 371) It was there, in that line, that I came to the initial belief that the best decision for June Jordan’s students was to write the opening, group paragraph to Newsday and the Brooklyn police in Standard English. I quickly wrote down my belief, for I wanted to remember it as I read on. I knew that whatever was to come could be powerful enough to sway me, or raw enough to leave me lost. Before I delve in to my final belief on the ultimate choice made by the students of June Jordan’s class, “The Art of Black English”, I must justify the reasoning behind paying tribute to Reggie Jordan in the “language of [his] killers” (Jordan 37... [tags: killers, tongue, student, goal, class]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Have you ever wondered what true happiness is. Or what is living in a Promised Land like. Or just wondering how can a priest live a happy life if they are to give up on a lot of things. Or have you ever wondered of your purpose on life. On why we are all here on Earth. I believe, each and every one of us, is living in this world with a purpose. It may be a great or a simple one but we are all called by God to fulfill certain tasks. And as we fulfill whatever that task is, we should always be ready to face all sorts of challenges along the way.... [tags: Theology]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Apathy and the Living Dead It’s nothing to die; it’s frightful not to live. - Victor Hugo The word “Apathy” has its origin in Greek and literally means "without feelings." Isn’t that a description of the dead. That was what Victor Hugo was referring to when he wrote, "It’s nothing to die; it’s frightful not to live." In other words, we should not be afraid of dying, but not living. The apathetic are alive, but without feelings, so they are not living. They are the living dead. Here’s what the psychoanalyst Erich Fromm (1900-1980) had to say about the subject, "...... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1150 words (3.3 pages)
- Is Canada worth living. What things are there that makes people to emigrate from their home country to Canada to spend their next years of life. Canada is a relatively young country by world standards and has successfully developed and remained as an example of relatively peaceful and prosperous multicultural society. Although there is no doubt that are still crimes happening in Canada, unlike the American, the Canadian society proved that it is possible for different peoples, races, and ethnicities to not only live safely together, but to thrive together.... [tags: Free Essays]
410 words (1.2 pages)
- Living Healthy Lives Looking at the world today, we can see that there are many things that have changed throughout time. One of these things would be that people are living longer and healthier lives. On the other hand there are also people that are not living such heal y lives and for a reason that seems to be a mystery. No matter how much time or research scientists put into these issues they never seem to solve some of the great mysteries that plague humans today. Some of these issues would be cancer, AIDS, and he t disease.... [tags: Papers]
822 words (2.3 pages)
Throughout history our creator has taken the initiative to reconcile himself with us. A
documented two thousand years later God sent His Son to pay the ultimate price so that
we could be forgiven and be radically changed. Through this story we can find more
proof because of all the people claiming to have been changed and healed in accepting it, not to mention unexplainable miricles that science and medince cannot explain.
There are many question that cannot be answered in a single essay, for instance if
God is real where did he come from, and why did he create us if he knew so how much
pain their would be in the world. These questions are not only hard but are uncomprehendable by the human mind. This is the reason for our faith, because we don’t
understand everything, we know we need faith that there is a bigger picture. The point
here is that Jesus is in fact real and that we need to look harder into things that we are so blindly immune to. Either life is a result of chance, ( an evolutionary process in which we are no more then a highly evolved ameba) or we are created in the image of an all knowing, all loving infinite creator. In conclusion the meaning of this essay is not to convince, or preach or to anger, but is to state the evidence that is all around us that crys “God is real.”