Essay PreviewMore ↓
I chose the poem "I Am Someone" by Annastasia Aressia. The author use simplistic words in this poem, which it is a multiple understanding meaning. Each reader can have an opinion on what it is being read, I will give details on the sentences that shows general meaning. Her choices of words were a few, but very mean full.
For example, in example of line two, “I walked past a dead face.” She, the author, starts using these words by explaining that she is in a terrible life time, going on hard times in life, by this line at the beginning of the poem; she starts telling the reader that what the poem is all about, it has some kind of sadness ideas.
In line three “even though the person was alive” she shows the irony of life and the order of life. She shows that for one thing to live another must die. Yet, on the other hand she also shows the important thing that a life means because it says that she does not says if she is alive or not; she still suffering from something, but she still awake. Also, in sentence number four and five she says some similarities “I saw my eyes in the mirror and cried at the sight” I think that she means that she looks back her self and she still in a bad moon. In lines thirteen and fourteen “when I thought about love, I got hit bad” She means that not everything is loosen there is always something that it not there but It could be at any time.
In the following lines it starts to contradict the meaning of the poem by saying differences and opposite things such as lines twenty-one and twenty-two, “I realized I was strong when I didn’t cry when it hurt.” Means that not everything is over because she notices that she is really a person, as same as other people, strong, she is someone. Finally she explains that she founds who is she, what she was doing and she also noticed that it is a someone who has a personality by this words; “I thought I was lost forever when a friend found me.” Line twenty-five.
The title of the poem is a very good point. The title describes the poem almost to perfection. The title “I am someone”, it shows the grand main points of a life.
How to Cite this Page
"I Am Someone." 123HelpMe.com. 25 May 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Judging Someone of Their Color Is It Right. Mark, CJ, and Chris asked their professor if it’s right to judge someone off of their skin color. Nevertheless, the professor had an answer to their question, however another student jump into the conversation on the account of it peaking his interest and since his family use to own slave back in 1923 in Mississippi; therefore, the student said yes, it’s right to judge someone off of their skin color. Perhaps if you didn’t look so different, maybe just maybe we wouldn’t judge you off your skin color because I don’t know how you feel about white people, but some people don’t like African American, Muslim, and Hispanic so on that note you’re going to... [tags: Black people, Race, Question, White American]
710 words (2 pages)
- Depression is a chronic illness that many keep to themselves and suffer alone because they feel they are in it by themselves. Depression can be induced by many things, but the loss of someone significant in a person’s life can place them in a state of depression quicker than most would think. That significant other does not necessarily mean a spouse or mate; it can be a child, a very close and respected relative or friend. These losses are not the only things that place depression in overdrive, but for this study, the focus will be on depression and the loss of someone important.... [tags: Major depressive disorder, Bipolar disorder]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Face-to-face In this article “Someone to Watch Over Me (on a Google Map),” Theodora Stites claims she prefers online communication rather than face-to-face meetings. Theodara Sities is a twenty-four year old who has a decent job in market research, has good friends, but like many in this generation spend most of her time surfing the web. According to Sities, “I consistently trade actual human contact for the more relaible emotional high of smiles on MySpace, winks on Match.com and pokes on facebook.” She prefers having a conversation online rather than one on one in person.... [tags: Communication, Graphic communication, Sociology]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- In life there are characteristics that set people apart. One of the things that come in mind are how someone looks different or has a different personality, but that 's everyone. It could be what you do or what you are. A German person is unalike a Korean person. The biggest difference would be, their race obviously, but it can also be the way that they look; they obviously have different facial features, but what makes them German and Korean are two totally different things. In this essay I am going to be giving my opinion on what makes someone and American.... [tags: World War II, United States, Obesity, Iraq War]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- Have you ever wondered why people hold the door for one another. Holding the door for someone is not only about manners. It's about taking the time out of your day to have face to face interactions. The exchange is often between strangers who may or may not ever see each other again. It takes a few seconds to hold the door; some are heavy and require effort. But it's not just about the door. Holding the door open is a polite and thoughtful act you can easily do for your family, friends and even strangers, every day.... [tags: symbols for love]
545 words (1.6 pages)
- It may not be unusual for anyone to fall for someone with HIV. Every HIV positive patient has a right to lead a normal life. In fact, it is more desirable if the society can accept a HIV patient. Insecurities and problems faced by your partner if you are dating someone with HIV: They are scared to disclose their HIV status. If you started the relationship without knowing about his HIV status and came to know about it recently then he will be very insecure about rejection They fear to be stereotypedSecluded Honeymoon Destinations If you are newly married or your marriage has been fixed, you definitely have an intense desire to know your partner more and get closer him or her.... [tags: Relationships]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- I usually do not respond to such letters, but I will do an exception this time. And this because I believe that in your arrogance you must have posted this idiotic letter in your forums, so that you look a tough guy to your friends. I apologise for not being an intelligent player, its obvious we cannot all be smart in this world. To make a miserable point if your ex-majesty allows me : 1) I did not try to accomplice anything rather than have fun with the war. It was not my choice if everyone attacked me, what does it mean 'what did you try to accomplice' do you really think I invited everyone aboard .... [tags: essays research papers]
618 words (1.8 pages)
- Someone Special When I first saw him, I was sitting in an auditorium complaining to my mother about how cold it was in there. We and hundreds of other student-parent pairs were lined up in rows of the large room waiting to be told what to do by upper-class college students in matching tee shirts. I was scanning, like always, for any interesting guys. Upon finding any that appealed to me, whether by genuine attractiveness, unique clothing or just a pleasant aura, I would watch, study, and try to figure out everything about him, like his attitude, views on the world, and his favorite color.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Autobiographical Essay]
2372 words (6.8 pages)
- Losing Someone The world seems to stand still when you are told. That feeling you have never felt before, of total sadness. You feel faint and dazed as if you are falling or dreaming. You were told this was going to happen, but you could never be prepared for it. You don't know what to say, you are totally speechless. You burn up, feel dizzy but no tears will come. You have to get out of there, to escape, runaway anything to make this feeling fade. You just don't want to believe it had happened after everything.... [tags: Papers]
457 words (1.3 pages)
- I Am Someone I chose the poem "I Am Someone" by Annastasia Aressia. The author use simplistic words in this poem, which it is a multiple understanding meaning. Each reader can have an opinion on what it is being read, I will give details on the sentences that shows general meaning. Her choices of words were a few, but very mean full. For example, in example of line two, “I walked past a dead face.” She, the author, starts using these words by explaining that she is in a terrible life time, going on hard times in life, by this line at the beginning of the poem; she starts telling the reader that what the poem is all about, it has some kind of sadness ideas.... [tags: English Literature Essays]
515 words (1.5 pages)
“People's lives are made up of many events that change and determine who a person will become. Everyone deserves to be noted for who they are and what they did. This is a piece of me, and who I am.