Essay PreviewMore ↓
After reading Dr. Alan Bundys web page, I realized of all the ways we rely on computers in this day and age. Computers and the technology today allow people to receive any type of information in the world right at their fingertips. With all the written information that is in libraries, it seems as though people just skip right over that and head straight for the computer. Itðs as thought they feel that the computer does all the work for them and finds all the information that they need.
Ever since I was in elementary school I was introduced to working with computers. If it was from writing a paper, playing computer games, or using the many resources on the Internet, the computer has always been on my beckoning call. I could never imagine not being able to use the computer and its many possibilities to find information. I was taught at first to be able to find books in the library and to find information out of books, but this was when the Internet was not as popular. Today the very first thing that I would go to help me with a report is the Internet and the computer. Itðs as thought I donðt really remember how to use the library to find a resource I need because I am so used to the computer.
I feel that children today are brought up to much on relying on the Internet and the computer. I think that it would have been more useful if I were taught when I was younger to rely on using resources from the library or by looking it up in books. Even though the Internet was not as big as it is now when I was younger, children should be taught to use books and other resources besides the computer. Itðs as though all they use for their information is the computer. By teaching children just to depend on the use of computers, it makes them lack skills in penmanship, since they use the computer to write all their papers and reports. It also does not allow them to develop skills in revising and spelling because the computer has all those programs all ready in it.
How to Cite this Page
"Use of Computers." 123HelpMe.com. 18 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technology has changed the way we perform in today’s workplace. Technology in the 21st century has made a great impact on the business office. The most evident of that change was the introduction of cellular phones and computers. The cellular phone is a very important tool in today’s workplace. Workers cannot only do work on company time, but a lot of work is being done outside of the office during personal time. Just about all cellular phones have internet capabilities. With that capability, workers are able to check emails and keep their work updated.... [tags: technology, online services, workplace internet]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- ... Physicians have expressed concerns about the amount of time children spend in front of various types of screens and have stated that computer use is creating problems in children developments. Most computers do have physical effects on those who tend to use them, and these effects can be serious and long-lasting, even permanent. However, they contribute to a wide range of disorders such as headaches, eyestrain, and skin problems. “Too much time in front of a screen can deprive children of time for organized sports and other social activities that are beneficial to child development” (Margie K.... [tags: physical effect, users]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- The Use of Computers on Car Crash-Analysis Programs In the world today, computers are used in every field. Be it a major space exploration or a small chore like cleaning our room. The use of computers has made our lives easier but at the same time a computer failure can make our lives miserable too. We trust computers more than we trust anything else these days. We use computers to communicate, share personal information, buy goods online, etc. We also trust computers with our safety. Starting from house alarm systems and other safety devices we have now moved on to using computers to Test Car Crashes.... [tags: Technology Computers Essays]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- The Use of Computers in the Professional World The computer age has come to be the answer to the quest of the paperless office in the modern world. Many professionals are required to have a literacy of some level of the computer packages that institutions and companies have. Even the small time briefcase salesperson or entrepreneur use computer packages and software for their day to day running of their businesses.... [tags: Papers]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- The Use of Computers in Entertainment In today’s electronic era computers have a hand in almost everything. Entertainment is no exception, in fact with the coming of digital information has made one of its greatest leaps. Movies, games, music, even books that that are simple and easy as it is have been impacted greatly by computers. But how far is too far. Music is now stolen, movies the same, games can be hacked and broken into with simple programs. As technology continues, more and more information will be taken, changed, stolen, and laws will then be made to try to stop all of this.... [tags: Technology]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Use of Computers in Accounting Introduction Computers play an important part in the recording of finical information. There care many accounting packages available, and so many businesses are able to use computerised accounting system. One of the most important factors of computerised accounting system is that it provides the same functions as a manual accounting system. Main body Most business use computer systems instead rather then manual systems to record finical information, because it is a lot faster file can be shared more easily and changes can be made easily.... [tags: Papers]
645 words (1.8 pages)
- Scope The Southwest School of Art extends to students, faculty, and staff the privilege to use its computers systems and network. Each person is assigned a unique user name that provides them with access to SSA computing resources. When you are provided access to the SSA campus network, you are enabled to send and receive electronic mail messages around the world, share in the exchange of ideas through electronic news groups, and use web browsers and other Internet tools to search and find needed information for educational or administrative purposes.... [tags: techology in art education]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- The Use of Computers at Somerfields Supermarket in Cheadle Each store in the Somerfields chain uses a computer to keep track of transactions (purchases) throughout the day. The system uses real time processing so that at any time the manager of the store can check exactly how much stock there is in the shop. For example, when someone purchases something the item is passed over a bar code scanner, which records the item's code number. This item is then immediately deducted from the stock held in a database.... [tags: Papers]
697 words (2 pages)
- The Use of Computers in Chaos Theory Expiraments Chaos is unpredictable behavior arising in a realistic system because of great sensitivity to beginning circumstances. Chaos arises in active systems. If two very close starting points diverge even a tiny bit, their future behavior is eventually unpredictable. Every change in the system will compound with time, so, very slight changes in the starting point can lead to enormously different outcomes. Also, because of the extreme disorder, predicting the future path of the system is practically impossible.... [tags: Papers]
1046 words (3 pages)
- The Use of VGA in Computers Video or graphics circuitry, usually fitted to a card but sometimes found on the motherboard itself, is responsible for creating the picture displayed by a monitor. On early text-based PCs this was a fairly mundane task. However, the advent of graphical operating systems dramatically increased the amount of information needing to be displayed to levels where it was impractical for it to be handled by the main processor. The solution was to off-load the handling of all screen activity to a more intelligent generation of graphics card.... [tags: Papers]
889 words (2.5 pages)
Computers have become too much of a reliable resource. Even though they are able to give you almost any type of information that you are looking for, there is a certain point where it is better to know how to use a book or go to the library. Itðs not a good idea to only have kids rely on computers form a very young age because thatðs the only thing they learn how to do. I feel that it deprives children of the different opportunities in the world and all the different learning experiences that they can experience.