Essay PreviewMore ↓
Doctors, lawyers, politicians, and engineers. How did they all get to where they are today? No matter the position someone may hold in society everyone has progressed to where they are in life because they had a teacher, someone who taught them in the way they should go. Teacher as defined in the dictionary as one who instructs. To teach someone is to communicate skills and give instruction. Today I would like to tell you why I would like to become a teacher. Specifically speaking I will tell you what has led me to this decision and why I want to become a teacher.
To begin out of the countless professions one has to chose from in the world today I have chosen to become a teacher. I have chosen to become a teacher because I myself am a product of some whom I consider to be the best teachers in the world. As a child in North Carolina I was inspired by a wonderful woman named Mrs. Hollyfield. Mrs. Hollyfield taught me that no star was too far out of reach, if I put my mind to accomplishing my goal I could make it. Mrs. Hollyfield inspired me to be the best I could be at anything I wanted to be. As I have grown I have had other important teachers, some whom I am surrounded by daily whom inspire me to set out to accomplish my dreams. These wonderful inspiring people in my life have led me to the decision of becoming a teacher.
Now that I have told you what has led me to this decision I would like to tell you exactly why I have chosen to become a teacher. I want to become a teacher not because of the salary nor because I want weekends and holidays off; rather, I want to become a teacher because I truly have a passion for making a difference in others lives. I feel that teaching is perhaps one of the most fulfilling roles in life. Becoming a teacher to me means helping to shape another person by teaching and instructing them.
How to Cite this Page
"Why I Want to Become a Teacher." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Forest E. Witcraft once said “One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.” Many people think that “Those who can, do, those who can’t teach” (What Teachers Make) but what those people don’t know is how much hard work and training goes into become a successful and effective teacher. Description of Career Elementary school teachers are not only responsible for academic achievement, they are also responsible for providing students with a stable, clean and safe learning environment.... [tags: college and career research]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Doctors, lawyers, politicians, and engineers. How did they all get to where they are today. No matter the position someone may hold in society everyone has progressed to where they are in life because they had a teacher, someone who taught them in the way they should go. Teacher as defined in the dictionary as one who instructs. To teach someone is to communicate skills and give instruction. Today I would like to tell you why I would like to become a teacher. Specifically speaking I will tell you what has led me to this decision and why I want to become a teacher.... [tags: Free Essays Online]
442 words (1.3 pages)
- I am a hard-working, confident and conscientious and have a keen desire to be a primary school teacher. The main reason I want to pursue this vocation is because I love the prospect of working with children, being such an important part of a child’s life is a real honour. I have been fascinated at how quickly they learn things, gaining an insight into their perceptions and how they see the world, the idea of playing an active role in helping them develop, greatly appeals me. Having a long term goal of working with children, I believe I am particularly suited to a degree in Primary/Physical education.... [tags: career choices]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- For some, “Teacher” is simply a title to describe the person who teaches vocabulary words, a math formula, or who takes students outside to play on the playground. To others, a teacher may just be the person to whom they send their child every day, as a “highly paid babysitter”. However, to me, the word “teacher” invokes a sense of pride that rises up inside of me. Teachers are professionals who take it upon themselves to make sure that students have the resources needed to lead a healthy life, to make sure children are educated in order to be able to be successful in their future, and to make learning fun and enticing for children in order for them to retain information.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Need, Want]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Qualities That I Bring to the Teaching Profession Being a teacher is said to be just a job but to me teaching is “an instrumental or practical art” (Arends, 4) to create a more diverse way of learning. When I become a teacher I want it to be more than just a job I want it to be my life and something I’m proud of doing. Creating life and laughter in a classroom is going to be a part of my everyday teaching style. So many teachers have lost what it means to teach because they have lost the love for educating our youth.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Special education, School]
1255 words (3.6 pages)
- Generally, when a person decides to follow a profession such as teaching, there is usually a strong motivation behind that decision. This is not only a positive aspect but also a necessary feature in this particular profession. A teacher is more than a person who stands at the front of a classroom and divulges facts and figures, they are, and should be, one who inspires and nurtures curiosity and the pursuit of knowledge in their students. They often act as a role model, an inspiration, a guide, and many other things to learners of all ages throughout the world.... [tags: Education, Knowledge, Teacher, Teaching]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- Why Teach. Everyone has a purpose in life, mine is to teach, becoming a teacher was a decision I made years ago a child. I knew I wanted to help people, I wanted to help children but I had no idea what I should do. I decided first to become a medical assistant I even graduated from it. But I quickly realize that it was not my purpose in life, I dislike the work and I have always felt if you’re not happy doing it then you chose the wrong path. I decided to become a teacher as a child I with my mother worked a daycare I was immediately taken by the children I was helping I was so happy around them.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Need, School]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Why I Want to be a Teacher When I heard that I had to come up with a philosophy paper on “why I want to be a teacher?” I thought I am never going to come up with something credible. This is really hard for me because I do not want to become a teacher. But it was assigned so this is what I came up with. I feel that I have been blessed both with good teachers and bad teachers during my career as a student. It had never really occurred to me though, that I have been a teacher for a long time myself.... [tags: Papers]
379 words (1.1 pages)
- Why I Want to be a Teacher School is a major part of our young lives. It is where we spend the majority of our time as youngsters. Children begin to develop relationships with people who have not been apart of their infancy. For someone who does not enjoy school, this could put a damper on their relationships with others as well as their learning achievements in life. This is why I want to become a teacher. I want to develop a learning atmosphere where children feel joy and security.... [tags: Education Teaching Essays]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- Why I Want to be a Teacher As an elementary education major, I desire to become a teacher because I would like to give back to my community the education that has been bestowed upon me. My thoughts of becoming a teacher become increasingly more clear daily, as I love to work with children. The children and I seem to connect well, together. I think teaching is a part of my family’s heritage as most of my family have been teachers. Therefore, I feel teaching is the profession for me as well.... [tags: Teaching Education Essays]
492 words (1.4 pages)
In summary I have told you what has led me to want to become a teacher and exactly why I want to become a teacher. I want to become a teacher because (even if it is only one child) I want to know that I made a difference and touched someone’s life the way so many of my teachers have touched my life.