Essay PreviewMore ↓
I have always loved visiting Flagstaff for its beautiful atmosphere. Part of which makes Flagstaff so beautiful are the beautiful pine trees that make up the woods. Driving up from Tucson can be such a long drag, especially when all you see is desert. You really know when you finally hit Flagstaff, because the trees along I 17 start to get bigger. They are so beautiful as they stand tall and sway with the light breezes that pass by. The woods show the strength of Flagstaff as well as the beauty. They surround the city like children would surround their mothers. The woods of Flagstaff create the perfect atmosphere that will set your mood to a delightful state. To escape the reality of our busy world, the perfect place to sit and relax is in the middle of pine trees and listen to the soothing sounds of solitude.
The first thing you want to do in Flagstaff is go outdoors and explore. There is so much that you shouldn’t pass up in the way of outdoor activities. You can go hiking on one of the many trails Flagstaff has to offer, or create your own journey. The best way to explore is to make your own path, but by being careful as to leave markers so you can find your way back. When you find a great place to enjoy the woods and explore, park you car, step out, and take a long deep breath of the fresh pine air.
Once you fill your lungs up with fresh natural air you begin to wonder why you would ever go back to a busy intoxicated city again. Right away you feel calm and relaxed. There is something about the comforting green trees that stand so tall above you and make you realize how beautiful nature really is.
As you decide on a place to sit down and soak up your surroundings, you come across a large rock that makes you feel like it was nature’s chair made especially for you.
How to Cite this Page
"Exploring the Beauty of Flagstaff." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Flagstaff, Arizona Could a town really change me as much as I think. Flagstaff, Arizona is one of the coolest towns that I have ever been, but at the same time; one of the quirkiest. Is Flagstaff a small mountain town, a big city, a hip university town, or a large industrial center. The environment and culture of Flagstaff is extremely diverse, making it difficult for outsiders to find their place in Flagstaff. I often wonder how I ended up in this little town in the mountains. I came from a relatively large city in Indiana, but knew that I had to escape the Midwest’s conservative grasp.... [tags: Flagstaff Personal Narratives Essays]
705 words (2 pages)
- Synthesis Essay #2 The definition of beauty is a characteristic of a person, animal, place, object, or idea that provides a perceptual experience of pleasure, meaning, or satisfaction. Beauty has negative and positive influences on mostly people. Beauty is described by the inside and outside of us. Due to beauty, our self-esteem has been hurt dramatically, especially towards girls. Beauty is not always about our outside looks but it’s about our inside personality also. First of all, beauty has negative and positive influences on about everything.... [tags: Beauty]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Throughout history, beauty was more so known as someone with the physical appearance that was pleasant to the eye. Although beauty varies from different cultures and area, people that are younger, with average looking symmetrical features, well proportioned bodies, and some combination of inner beauty, and relatively young, are considered beautiful. The more average your features are to society the more attractive you are. Charles Darwin’s cousin, Francis Galton was the first to notice this when he overlaid images of vegetarians and criminals to see if there were typical facial appearances for each.... [tags: Beauty ]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- There are so many different opinions on what beauty is. The idea of beauty is purely opinionated. Beauty is your own idea, skinny or thick, long hair or short hair, light skin or dark skin. How people define beauty is unique in many different ways everyone has a different opinion. No ones idea of beauty is the same. In society today it has become more materialistic based if you wear the latest designer or you have the newest pair of sneakers out and the true meaning of being beautiful has escaped our souls.... [tags: Beauty, Aesthetics, Human physical appearance]
1849 words (5.3 pages)
- There are many different types of beauty pageants in today’s society, but a child beauty pageant consist of modeling sportswear, evening attire, dance and talent. The children are judged based on individuality in looks, capability, poise, perfection and confidence. As the judges call it, "the complete package". There are two main types of beauty pageant the natural pageant and the glitz pageant. Glitz pageants are the "glamour" pageants where girls are dressed in high fashion, evening gowns and swimsuit.... [tags: Beauty contest, Child beauty pageant, Beauty]
1743 words (5 pages)
- When flipping though the the glossy pages of a magazine it’s easy to notice similar attributes possessed by the models. These include long healthy hair, straight white teeth, high cheek bones, slender bodies and delicate feminine features. One would assume that that these traits are common characteristics of beauty and universally recognized, but that assumption would be wrong. Take China for example, the cultural norm for beauty is incredibly diverse to America’s. Plump round bodies and cherub like faces are traits of the most desirable Chinese belle.... [tags: Beauty]
704 words (2 pages)
- Flagstaff, AZ When you think of Arizona, you think of vast deserts with the sun that lasts the whole day. As you force your car north through the significant state, the seasons change before your eyes. Finally, in the middle of the state you reach the rich San Francisco Mountains. Once you see the peaks of the mountains you know you are close to Flagstaff, AZ. Flagstaff is the definition of a mountain town. There isn’t a person in the city that hasn’t hiked, skied or snow-boarded down these giant mountains.... [tags: Arizona Geography Essays]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- Stereotypical Beauty Do stereotypes of body images exist. “A "stereotype" is a generalization about a person or group of persons. Our society often innocently creates and perpetuates stereotypes, but these stereotypes often lead to unfair discrimination and persecution when the stereotype is unfavorable” (Grobman). It is hard to understand how much the media affects us unless one stands back and evaluates things such as commercials, magazines, and television shows. Women today follow the stereotypical images of beauty that the media portrays.... [tags: Beauty ]
1523 words (4.4 pages)
- Numerous clothing ads appeared in the August 2009 issue of Seventeen magazine to show of the fall's biggest trend especially for “back-to-school” shopping. The eyes of the reader are first drawn to Seventeen's headline of “1081 Ways to Look Amazing;” and further into the magazine, the readers are attracted to models who appear to look like seventeen year-olds. Majority of the clothing ads portray the “everyday” teenager who is constantly happy, and most of all, thin. However, Torrid's clothing ad differentiates from the rest of the advertisements.... [tags: Beauty ]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- Flagstaff Flagstaff is a small college town in Northern Arizona, with a population of around 55,000. The city is at an elevation of 7,000 feet and is surrounded by ponderosa pines. The ponderosa pines up here are the largest continuous body of ponderosas in the world. The summers are quite nice with temperatures only reaching the 80’s and with winter temperatures in the 40’s. Northern Arizona University is also located in Flagstaff with a college population of 15,000. Flagstaff is great for outdoor activities, many lakes and streams are close by along with many hiking trails.... [tags: Colleges Arizona Education Essays]
968 words (2.8 pages)
Then, suddenly, you begin to smell a big gust of odor that makes you feel like you just stuck your head in to a moldy, dirty diaper. This smell triggers something in your brain that causes to recognize that this animal is a skunk. You finally allow yourself to smile once you realize he didn’t spray you and that you can escape this horrible smell by getting up to explore more of your surroundings.
As you walk up a little incline and perch yourself upon a hill you look down and see your car. You think to yourself of how out of place your car looks sitting there in the woods. You yawn and stretch as you are overpowered by the crisp taste of pine, it is almost minty in your mouth. It feels so comforting to be able to taste and breathe fresh pine air. When you walk around you may come across beautiful little flowers that sprout out below the rugged tree trunks or sturdy rocks. You pick out a flower and tickle its soft petals all over your face. The petals are as soft and light as feathers and feel so comforting to your skin.
When you walk around and explore you may come across some belongings that other people left behind and frown on those you know that were left there on purpose. Its such a shame to think that people take something so gorgeous for granted. The people of Flagstaff are so down to earth and extremely nice. You have to assume those belongings were left by some ridiculous tourist who can’t appreciate anything but themselves.
One thing is for sure though; you can always count on the woods to be there for you. That’s a great feeling when you decide to escape your busy and extensive lifestyle and spend time with yourself. It’s a wonderful way to sit there and build up your own self preservation. Life is so beautiful and so short that everyone needs time to themselves and enjoy what’s already given to them. Flagstaff is so beautiful and you can’t truly experience its beauty if you don’t get outdoors. Whether you go hiking, biking or even just go exploring it will be a whole new adventure every time. The perfect way to de-stress your hectic life and being one with yourself is to sit in the middle of the woods absorbing all of the natural world that you possibly can.
I will never forget my wonderful experiences I have had in Flagstaff. Ever since I was little it always brought a smile to my face to go out and explore. I love Flagstaff and I hope everyone can come and enjoy it as much as I have. There is always something new to experience so everybody should go out each day, try a different journey and take in all that nature and the woods of Flagstaff has to offer.