Essay PreviewMore ↓
Attention all passengers, please fasten your seatbelts and get ready for a ride through English 105. You are about to cruise through my writings and learn more about this course. You are sure to experience a great time and learn of what makes English 105 so exciting. Each link at the bottom of the page will direct your attention to a different piece of my work. I am definitely not Hemingway, but I have learned a lot in this class and you will get a chance to see how. So please hold on, it should be a smooth ride.
Classroom Interactions: English 105 is full of interesting classroom discussions. Many topics are covered and they give you more of a chance to think. My favorite classroom activity was when we got into small groups and prepared for a teaching to the class. My group had to present the essay by Carol Tavris, In Groups We Shrink From Loner's Heroics. It was a lot of fun preparing this lesson. We made a PowerPoint presentation and held an interesting discussion. As the class as a whole we had many discussions and got into some in depth thinking.
Development of Writing Skills: When I was in high school I had a wonderful English teacher for my Junior year. She helped get my grammar into order and explore more of my writing. She was definitely a lot of help to me but I feel that my writing actually started when I was in fifth grade. I had many difficulties with my writing and my teacher really took notice to it. She helped me so much that year with her different techniques. At the end of the year she gave me a journal and wanted me to write all summer in order to practice my writing. I had a lot of fun with that journal and feel that it did a lot to help me. When I first started here at NAU I was a little scared because it seemed my writing was slipping a bit. I was getting frustrated that I was getting anything out right. After the first couple of weeks I had more confidence in my writing and learned to review it more. This class has helped so much with the important process of review and why it is so important.
How to Cite this Page
"A Writer's Profile." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the field of criminal justice, writing is one of the most common tasks that one will complete. Every class that I have taken in preparation for the field has required for me to complete several papers. Each paper has formed and adjusted the way in which I write an essay. Every college paper that I have written has created a distinct trait and ritual. Over time it has corrected my composing practices. This essay reveals my process in which I write and evaluates my current writing self. I entered college at the young age of sixteen through the dual enrolled program.... [tags: Writing ]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- During my school years, I have been assigned lots of writing to do. At the start, I found great difficulty in putting my thoughts on paper, yet by practice, one gets to improve his abilities. One never stops learning as long as he lives. Moreover, practice results in perfection. In my past school years I have received many writing tasks, in addition, I gradually improved in each of them. There are various differences between my work in each stage of my life, example, the work I have done in the past, work in the present and what I intend to do as a writer in my future.... [tags: Free Essay Writer]
582 words (1.7 pages)
- There has been a large amount of attention paid to the subject of entrepreneurship in the last few years; mainly because most people have chosen to go from working for somebody else, to be their own bosses and work for their dreams. Nevertheless, many still wonder what is entrepreneurship and what is that sets entrepreneurs apart from other regular business owners. At first, it seems both concepts do not differ much from each other since they both start up and run businesses and assume risks to pursue opportunities; however, there are certain traits that difference them.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, business, ]
642 words (1.8 pages)
- An organizational profile (Baldrige 2007) is being constructed of J. Evans Middle School (JEMS) which is located in Greeley Colorado. JEMS is one of 7 middle schools in Greeley. This paper will focus on the organization culture of JEMS. An organization culture is “… an attempt to get at the feel, sense, atmosphere, character, or image of an organization” (Hoy & Miskel, 2008, p. 177). This information was obtained by interviewing Dawn Hillman. Dawn is the principal of JEMS and this is her first year as principal.... [tags: Maintaining School Culture]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Psychology of Communication and Relationship Management Personal Communication Profile Communication is something we do without thinking as it comes naturally. As babies we communicate through sign language. Our hands go out to pick a baby up, the baby soon learns that this language of communication gets results. Crying is another form of attention. As babies age they also learn to talk. They soon learn that saying the correct words along with body language, gets them what they want. Communicating with people I find is my strongest asset and using verbal and nonverbal communication can be testing, but beneficial used in the correct way.... [tags: Communication]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- Discussion of the Way The Writer Presents The Character Of Jed Parry Works Cited Missing McEwan uses a variety of literary devices and language techniques to present the character of Jed Parry. In the first ten chapters of 'Enduring Love,' we see the gradual character delineation of Parry, where McEwan drip-feeds the reader with short physical descriptions and gives snippets of Parry's actions, placed purposely at crucial points within the plot.... [tags: Papers]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of a wide range of Electrical Contacts for Starter and O.C.B. Carbon Brush, Brush Holder and Slip Ring Unit.// change sequencing, same as about us// Our range is acknowledged for optimum quality, efficiency and durability. We are counted as a prominent manufacturer and supplier of a comprehensive range of Electrical Contacts for Starters, O.C.B. Contacts, Carbon Brushes, Brush Holders, Slip Ring Unit and Flexible Cable. Moreover, we are also a stockist of Relay, Timers, PVC Cables, Copper Wire and Aluminum Wire.... [tags: Business Profile]
2279 words (6.5 pages)
- We are a renowned organization engaged in retailing and supplying of Audio & Visual Equipment, Sprung Back Scrappers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners. These are known for their durability, reliability and excellent performance. Owing to our experience of almost a decade in this field, we are engaged in offering our clients with a comprehensive range of LCD Projectors, Cordless Mike, Computers, Laptops and Audio Systems. Apart from these, we also provide Collar Mike, Sprung Back Scrapers and Polyurethane and Rubber Screen Decks & Liners.... [tags: Business Profile]
2230 words (6.4 pages)
- We are one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our products are precisely engineered and are known for their durability and resistance against pressure and temperature. Backed by the industry experience of 17 years, we are the prominent manufacturers and suppliers of Engine Valves Seats & various types of engine application. Our range of products includes Engine Valve Seat Inserts, Ring and Header Work. The high quality valves that we manufacture are known for their resistance against extremely high temperature in the combustion chambers of four stroke engines that use natural gas, L.P.... [tags: Business Profile]
1789 words (5.1 pages)
- Profile Essays Profile Essays - Grandfather, Grandpa By definition, my grandfather is handicapped. However, he doesn't act as though he is, and he certainly does not want to be treated in any special way. In fact, most of the handicapped people in society do not appreciate being treated in a way different from anyone else. They just want to be accepted as human beings. Some people become handicapped as a result of an accident. Others are born with their disabilities. My grandfather was asleep one night on a Coast Guard cutter when another ship, a destroyer, appeared in the distance.... [tags: Personal Narrative Profile]
415 words (1.2 pages)
Narrative Essay- The Beauty of Flagstaff
This essay was fun to write except it was the hardest in my opinion because it was the first one and I did not know what to expect. I ended up getting a C on it and was pretty disappointed. I got a C because I wrote it in third person instead of first. I felt like such an idiot, but I did learn to look at directions more carefully and edit my papers more frequently. I was too concentrated on making the paper interesting instead of using appeals. The link to my essay has parts highlighted that I liked the most form my essay.
Painting Review- Homage to the King
This essay was a review on a piece of art from the NAU museum on campus. We were suppose to review a piece of art and tell what kind of appeals it used. The on I chose was a beautiful painting, except it was hard to write about because I wasn't able to find more information on the artist. I used emotional appeals to express how the artist used them. In the link I highlighted important parts to the essay.
Appeal Paper- Teenagers and Their Impact on the Economy
For this paper we were suppose to take a magazine article and discuss the types of appeals used in it. It was pretty fun to write and I got my first A of the year from it. I enjoyed evaluating this advertisement and discussing how it was effective. I used all of the appeals in my paper which made it more useful on its purpose. The link shows important parts highlighted.
Summaries- Summaries 1,2 and 3
The purpose of this assignment was to learn how to write a summary with the practice from three of them. It was a fun assignment and easy to do. I learned more than just the basics that I knew before. I learned what each summary need and why it is important. In my link I highlighted points that I felt were important.
Synthesis Paper- The Maturity of Men
This paper was about a synthesis between two things. We could have done two essay or two films. I chose two films because I enjoy them the most. I learned that a synthesis is not a compare and contrast but more of a way to draw a central them between two things and what one can conclude from them. I thought it was a lot of fun to write because it got me to think more deeper into films than I had before. I used appeals applying to pathos and logos. In the link the important parts are highlighted.
Prospectus and Annotated Bibliography- Controlled Burns
This paper was a new approach for me with a research paper. I found it very simple and useful to work with. I liked how it organized what I wanted to do so I could display it to my professor. I used pathos in this paper to show how my argument will be used. The annotated bibliography was fun except a little hard to do at times. The important parts are highlighted in my link to this.
Opposition Paper- Opposition to Prescribed Burns
This paper was fun to write except a little hard at times. I found it difficult to have to write in the opposite view of your own, but I also felt that it was necessary to do this because I knew what to argue against. It did not take too long too write but when it was done I was relieved. I found that it was fun to put the images in it because it added that extra touch. The parts that I felt was interesting I highlighted in the link.
Argument Paper- How controlled Burns Improve Forestry
This paper took a lot of time to write. I had fun proving my argument, except I felt that it was hard to finish it off the way I wanted. I liked picking out images for this paper because I felt I found some really good ones. I learned that you need to have enough evidence to back up your argument completely. I have highlighted the parts that I felt were important in the the link.
Technological literacy: I have become more computer literate because of this course. I have learned more about power point because I used it twice; once for our group presentation and the other time for a paper organizer. I really enjoyed having computer lab time because we were able to explore different ways to approach our work that was very useful. In lab time we also has online discussion which were a lot of fun and helped explore the essays we were reading in class. The link below is the power point presentation the I made to organize my thoughts of the synthesis paper. Power Point
The end of the road is here. I have learned so much this year about writing. I feel I still need more practice in order to be a better writer. I need to work more on my editing and topic exploration. If I pick something I am passionate in I might be able to write better. This class was a great start for my college experience because now I am more confident. Thank you for riding with me through English 105.