Essay PreviewMore ↓
In The Parable several characters are presented to the reader. Each one has their own behavioral characteristics which one may or my not approve of. The two characters whose behaviors I most approve of are Lee Pai and Hernando. The characters whose behaviors I do not approve of are Sven and John. There are several reasons why I approve of the behaviors of Lee Pai and Hernando and do not approve of the behaviors of Sven and John. All of these reasons I have based on my interpretation of the story, The Parable.
The Parable is a story about Rosemary, a young woman who is betrothed to a man named Hernando. Rosemary is supposed to meet Hernando for there up coming wedding but she is faced with a dilemma. In order for her to get to her wedding she has to cross a very deep and wide river that is full of crocodiles. Rosemary is clueless on how she is to get across this river, so she decides to turn to people, she knows, for help. The first person she turns to is Sven for he owns a boat. Sven listens to Rosemary's problem and tells her he will take her across the river if she spends the night with him. Rosemary, surprised and shocked at hearing such an offer, declines and turns to another acquaintance, Lee Pai, for help. Lee Pai tells Rosemary he is sorry but he can't help her. Not knowing what else she can do, Rosemary goes back to Sven for help. She spends the night with him and the next day he takes her across the river. Rosemary and Hernando are then together at last. The evening before their wedding, Rosemary feels the need to tell
Hernando what she had to do to get across the river. When she tells Hernando, he is very hurt and upset. He calls the wedding off and "banishes Rosemary as a soiled woman" (The Parable). Rosemary is very distraught over this and turns to John (an acquaintance) for a little comfort. After hearing her story John says to Rosemary that even though he does not love her, he will marry her. With this, the story comes to an end.
There are two characters in the story, The Parable, that I approve of . These two characters are Lee Pai and Hernando.
How to Cite this Page
"Free College Essays - Characters of The Parable." 123HelpMe.com. 28 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I have chosen “The Parable of the Prodigal Son” from Luke 15:11-32. With some research I found that there are meanings and representations behind some of the character in this section. For example the Prodigal Son represents the Gentiles who were at the time non- Jews. The father represents God. This can be seen by how he reaches out to all this includes those who repent and people of different race. The older brother was jealous and represented the Jews of this time. This can be seen when the brother returns.... [tags: Family, Parent, Son, Parables of Jesus]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’” Luke 15: 31-32. The parable of the Lost Son has truly allowed me to come home this past summer. I had been wandering away from my faith, but I am back, I have come home to the Father. When I was ten years old, my favorite aunt, Aunt Cindy, died of colon cancer. She was only 42. I knew God had a plan that I would never understand, yet I became angry with Him.... [tags: God, Monotheism, Parable of the Prodigal Son]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- In our American society it is the role of the president to devise plans that will benefit our society as a whole. He might suggest that he has this plan to solve global warming our maybe he has concerns with the way a certain policy should be. Like presidents of the past president Obama has concerns and changes of his own he would like to put into place. Community colleges offer a wide range of degrees for cutting edge technical careers in today 's industries that help bridge opportunities to higher economic class.... [tags: Higher education, College, Community college]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- When considering going to college, the one question that pops up is how much does college cost. Many future college students and parents try to figure out what to do in order to go to college without financial problems. The problem is that college is expensive, which is why parents today wonder why college is not free. In fact, parents now are driven to state colleges based on the lower costs of the tuition. For that reason, state colleges should allow students to attend for free. Students should have the ability to attend college tuition free without worrying about debt from student loans.... [tags: Higher education, University, College]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- A. Critical Challenge The critical challenge within in today’s society is that college tuition should be free or if not free, more affordable for all students. Certainly, higher education should not be considered a luxury where only the wealthy could afford, but an opportunity for all caste systems. It must be an accessible and affordable opportunity for all students in order for them to invest in their education. Higher education is important because it provides more careers to choose from than the careers offered without having a college degree.... [tags: Higher education, College, University]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Should College Education be Free. Before 75 years ago education was not important as it is now especially higher education, because people mostly worked in farms and factories to make a living. But in today’s high-tech, fast-paced countries people need education in order to stabilize one’s future. People see education as an opportunity to improve their status and move up the mobility scale because today college is the greatest driver of socioeconomic mobility in America (College Affordability, n.d.).... [tags: Higher education, High school, College]
1384 words (4 pages)
- Four-Year public College Should Be Free Zamzam Albulushi Ohio University Today, in order to meet the demands of a growing global economy, Americans need more experience and ability (Kelly, 2011). To enhance the skills of Americans, the colleges decide to raise tuition fees for college students in public colleges. In that case, the college students are forced to pay exorbitant tuition fees for four years, and in order to help them the government allocates grants as a way to improve college students’ income.... [tags: University, Higher education, Education, College]
1182 words (3.4 pages)
- There has been a lot of talk lately about the impact of tuition-free education at the community college level. Brian Cosby (2015) explores the benefits and weaknesses of this idea in his article “The Whiteboard Jungle: Tuition is not main hurdle for most community college students.” This topic is also explored in an article titled “Tuition Is Not the Main Obstacle to Student Success” by Andrew Kelly (2016) in a recent issue of the journal Education Next. According to both of these authors, removing the obstacle of tuition does not necessarily guarantee that more students will attend and graduate from college.... [tags: Education, Higher education, College]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- Free public college education is college education funded by charitable organizations and tax payer’s money as opposed to payment of tuition fee. In the United States of America college education is controlled by the states and they some are offering free public college while others are not. America has been in the debate of whether to make college education free in all the States or let it remain as it is currently whereby students fund themselves or get loans from the government to pay for tuition.... [tags: administrators, community colleges]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Change of Characters in Othello Othello's character during the play is first shown as a hero of war and a man of great pride and courage. The other main characters in the play all form their own opinions of him and as the play continues, his character begins to deteriorate and become less noble. Chronologically through the play Othello's character changes from a flawless military leader, to become a murderer. Also as the play progresses, the other characters in the play change their opinions of Othello which causes the plot to happen the way it did.... [tags: GCSE Coursework Shakespeare Othello]
1063 words (3 pages)
The two characters I disapprove of the most in the story, The Parable, are Sven and John. I disapprove of Sven the most because he took advantage of Rosemary. Sven saw that Rosemary was very vulnerable and instead of helping her, he propositioned her. His behavior was sick and inappropriate. John is another character whose behavior is questionable. Rosemary went to John for sympathy and all he offered her was a cold shoulder and a little pity. He tells her that he does not love her but he will marry her anyway. John was very heartless and rude for making such a proposal to Rosemary.
The Parable is a story that shows several types of behavioral characteristics. Depending on ones interpretation of the story, some characters' behaviors are more favorable than others. Lee Pai and Hernando are two characters, from The Parable, whose behaviors I approve of. Sven and John are two characters in the story whose behaviors I do not approve of. There are several reasons why I approve of Lee Pai and Hernando's behaviors and do not approve of Sven and John's behaviors. All these reasons I have based on my interpretation of the story.