Essay PreviewMore ↓
I believe that a good advice is a truthful, general, specific and helpful idea given by someone that we know and trust. This idea usually transmits confidence and security in a time we need to make an important decision.
Also, I would say that a good advice is an opinion given by someone that is prepared in a specific field. Usually they are called advisors or counselors, and they try to help people to guide their decisions, with a truthful, precise and accurate opinion that could even refer to their own past experiences. These decisions sometimes could change their lives.
I think that when we receive an advice, we are the ones to determine if it is the right choice to follow it. Also, I think that sometimes human beings need to make their own mistakes, and obtain their own experience in specific situations of life, this doesn't mean that people shouldn't follow an advice, but to be able to decide on their own. "People need to learn somehow".
Of course, there are many cases when we feel that by sharing our thoughts, feelings and experiences with someone that would listen and try to understand, we would feel more secure and confident in our actions. An example, I would refer to Roby Isaacs - Advices': "The next week my counselor could see major changes in my behavior". I believe she felt a higher grade of security by sharing her experience with a counselor. However, not everyone feels the same way, because even if an advisee gets an advice from someone with experience doesn't mean that the advisor has had followed his own advice in the past. For example, I would refer to Cale Sudwall - Advices': "Then my friend said, ya I should have listened to myself too, I put it off and I did shitty".
In the other hand, a good advice could be expressed as a sugestion or in some cases as a warning too. Futhermore, even if the advisee knows that the advice is good, he has the right to decide to follow it or not. Also, I believe that sometimes is hard to accept a good advice even if it's coming from someone we trust, and I think there is when the advisee needs time to make a decision.
How to Cite this Page
"How Does One Define Good Advice?." 123HelpMe.com. 24 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Good Advice is Difficult to Define Advice is hollow, if you don’t know the history of the problem, or the amount of discomfort it is causing. When an expert relays advice or information they will not know the history or comfort level of their reader and will tend to try to generalize or speak to every possible situation. When the class considered the expert’s advice on contractions it was impossible for these authors to speak to their concerns and individual situations. I have very little experience in dispensing advice through writing to a large audience.... [tags: Definition Essays]
706 words (2 pages)
- How Do You Define "Advice" Advice, in my mind, is a form of one person helping another person out; whether it is in words or actions. About 90% of the time, I believe advice comes in the form of words. Advice can be verbally spoken to somebody, or typed/written and given to somebody. In either example, it's advice that's being given to help somebody out. The other way I mentioned was advice given by actions. In my own life, I'm trying to quit smoking cigarettes and finding it hard; especially when I look around and see others doing it.... [tags: Defintion Essays]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- Being a Good Leader in the Marines “In order to be a good leader, there are two things to remember. Lead from the Front and always set the Example. From these two leadership principles, everything else will fall into place.” These are the words that have ended all of my counseling sheets with since I began writing them as a Corporal and will continue to do as long as I counsel Marines. I was brought up in the Marine Corps with this philosophy and have adopted it as my own. Leading from the front is often times one of the leadership principles that is easier said by some than actually done.... [tags: Marines Leadership Counseling Advice Essays]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- Define and discuss the traditional role of a narrator Within a Blood Brothers. Compare the role of the narrator in the Play Blood Brothers and consider how you Would present the narrator to an audience if you were the director. Blood Brothers Essay Define and discuss the traditional role of a narrator. Within a Blood Brothers. Compare the role of the narrator in the Play Blood Brothers and consider how you. Would present the narrator to an audience if you were the director. The dictionary definition of narrate – VT (a story) to tell, relate; to give an account of; (film, TV) to provide a spoken commentary for narration n – narrator n...... [tags: Drama]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- No one is perfect and my representation here of a Millennial candidate and Boomer hiring manager isn’t either. However, recently I read an article in the New York Times about a 37% unemployment rate for the Millennial generation. This is for the recent graduate who is still living at home, surfing the ‘net and trying to find a job. While you are looking: 1. Build your personal brand online everyday. Build a public portfolio of anything you have ever worked on that is relevant to your job search.... [tags: Employment]
1612 words (4.6 pages)
- ... The wife may fit into the perceptions of lust and greed simply because she uses sex as a tool to manipulation to receive whatever it may be her husband’s hold possession over. Overall the wife of Bath comes to the conclusion that no matter what a woman does she will always be in the wrong and there is nothing that truly constitutes a “pure” wife. In the wife of Baths prologue the symbolism of bread stands out as she makes a several metaphorical points. First, she compares virgins to wheat flower breads "let Virgins be loaves of the finest wheat flower, and call us wives barley bread; yet as St.... [tags: eqaulity, society, empowering, marriage]
2763 words (7.9 pages)
- Imagine being in a world without friends, never having someone to talk to or even spend time with. Imagine feeling lonely, no one to call to invite to the movies or dinner. When networking is not important and meeting people is out of the question. The world would be dull; there would be no one to share your thoughts and emotions with. Denying yourself of friendship is something had to do, in fact much of our lives are spent with interaction with others. Making great friends is a hard task and should be a choice that it thought thoroughly.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- An Introduction of the Topic Character education involves teaching students social values and good morals as part of the curriculum and is embedded within the delivery of instruction and performance tasks. Out of all the topics that we have discussed throughout this course, character education appears to me to be a critical aspect of teaching. To be able to help guide students along in the process of making choices such as taking turns, showing tolerance for different ideas, and being gracious, are behaviors not only good for the individual but for society.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Curriculum]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- Defining Good Usage There are thousands of pieces of advice about writing out there. Every English text book discusses it. Every person knows the rules to good writing by heart. In fact it is next to impossible to separate what we have been told from our own beliefs. Beliefs themselves are formed by what you are taught, yet they still allow you the freedom to do as you choose. This just does not seem to hold true. When good writing is taught to be the rule not something to be interpreted by the student.... [tags: Business Writing Essays]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- Good Advice When we first started to talk about good advice, I didn't fully understand what makes good advice, well, good. "Advice is advice." I said to myself, walking home from class trying to think of where to start. As the subject grew in class, everybody started to get deeper into the subject until we all had a well-based understanding on what good advice is. Everyone had a little different perspective than everybody else, which made the subject very interesting. I realized that there are many requirements for good advice.... [tags: Advice Philosophical Papers]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
To conclude, I would say that good advice and good writing have a direct relation, because both are related to language and understanding. Also, good advice and good writting always can use a creative, experience, and specific person to be the leader. For example the advisor and the writer. I believe that both need to be prepared to understand their own words before sharing them with others.