Essay PreviewMore ↓
College life is going to be good. I have a nice cabin on the lake with a gorgeous view. I am staying with a good friend from back home. My neighbors are awesome. I am away from my parents, and I am on my own. What more could you ask for?
"Well, maybe it isn't that great," I thought. "I am two hundred miles from home, and away from all of my friends."
"So, aahh, what should we do?" I asked.
"I don't know," replied Travis.
"I think college life might be harder than I thought," I said.
"Don't worry," he said, "you'll make it."
"I know I'll make it, but it is hard to meet people," I said. "Not to mention I am away from my family and friends."
"Is school hard for you?" he asked.
"No, not yet," I said. "I haven't really had to do anything so far." "All I do is take notes and listen to lectures." "I haven't even had a test so far."
"Two weeks and you haven't had a test yet?" he asked.
"Nope!" I replied. "I haven't even had homework yet."
"You suck!" he exclaimed. "Then why are you whining about how hard school is?"
"I don't know," I replied.
After the conversation, I thought about what he said. I could be over re-acting a little bit.
I just got through my first two weeks of classes.
"I guess it ain't that bad," I thought. "No homework." "I can handle this."
With a new week, came my first real homework assignment. We have to write a two to three page narrative paper on something we know. And in this paper, we have to show specific examples of how we know it. Not to mention a second part of it that I don't understand.
"Oh no" This sounds impossible," I thought. "I am lost." "I don't know where to begin." "How am I ever going to get through this?"
I walked up to the teacher to ask a question, when I heard him say to another student, "What do you know how to do?"
She replied, "I don't know."
"Well, do you play sports?" He asked.
"Taekwondo," She replied.
"See, you know that," he said. "Use that for the topic on your homework."
"I guess I won't ask him a question anymore," I thought.
Thinking the girl knew what to do, I walked out with her, hoping to get a better grasp on the assignment.
How to Cite this Page
"College Life." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Feb 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My unflagging interest in computers began at the age of 9 when I was among the 4 students selected to represent my class in a computer quiz. With each new question posed ,I found my curiosity further piqued and found myself captivated by the vastness of technology and amazed by what technology could offer. In order to quench my new found thirst for computers, I started reading books like the basics of DOS & Internet Programming .I also read novels like Prey by Michael Crichton which explored the concept of AI and Deception point by Dan Brown which introduced me to the world of cryptography .Although these books were fictional, it nevertheless enthralled me and motivated me to explore the pot... [tags: computers, technology, coursework, college]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- ... Freeman Hrabowski, President of the University of Maryland, Baltimore County read an article by New York Times called “College is for Suckers.” He mentions that the article “echoes an increasingly common refrain that college is too expensive, that students are taking unmanageable debt.” (Hrabowski 259). even though Freeman states that there are college prep initiatives that help kids and families deal with their budget. Having to pay so much money using loans does not help college students at all, it only prepares them for debt at an early age.... [tags: Higher education, University, College]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- The College Life Schedules are a difficult thing to balance. A person must find the time to complete a number of tasks in a day. A normal adult may have time to get everything done and still have time to spare. The normal college student on the other hand is constantly on the go. College students have busy schedules that include working, studying, and socializing. Most college students work. How else are they going to have the money for all those late night pizza deliveries. Part time employees usually eat on the road on the way from school to work.... [tags: essays research papers]
412 words (1.2 pages)
- As I graduated high school, I thought college would just be yet another four years of high school, and I was wrong. College opens many new doors in a young man or woman’s life. There are new responsibilities and pressures that you will have to deal with, and with more freedom these responsibilities and pressures can be difficult to handle. College has changed a great deal over the years and these changes, such as more freedoms, make college a much more challenging experience. You need to start preparing for college now by making yourself more responsible and having more self-control.... [tags: Compare Contrast Essays]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Internet Usage in College life Who would have thought that one technological advance would change the way we look at many things in life. Who could have believed this to be true ten years ago. This technological device happens to be the Internet and it is very prevalent in our modern day society. It is involved with every facet of life from parenting to sports, from shows to artistic expression, and from education in the college realm. The Internet has changed many things including the educational system of America.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- When students are still in high school, college looms in the distance like an ominous cloud. Frankly, all of the students are scared about going to college. When students go to college they feel like going to the great unknown – to go to a place where they don’t know anyone. But after all college is not that bad. First of all, the adjustment to college isn't that rough. The staff and students are trained to make the adjustment as easy as possible, and the other students they meet are just as nervous as they are.... [tags: essays research papers]
619 words (1.8 pages)
- College Life College life is going to be good. I have a nice cabin on the lake with a gorgeous view. I am staying with a good friend from back home. My neighbors are awesome. I am away from my parents, and I am on my own. What more could you ask for. "Well, maybe it isn't that great," I thought. "I am two hundred miles from home, and away from all of my friends." "So, aahh, what should we do?" I asked. "I don't know," replied Travis. "I think college life might be harder than I thought," I said.... [tags: Dialogue Essays Personal Narratives]
497 words (1.4 pages)
- College Life Dear Freshman Friend: Hello and welcome to college. You will spend the next four years of your life studying, sleeping, eating, exercising, making friends, making enemies, falling in love, being heart broken, plagiarizing, and suffering in this ancient institution called university. You probably learned from brochures, applications, and other similar college advertisements the number of volumes the library owns, the name of your future college professors, and even how many hectares the university covers.... [tags: Papers]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- College Life A new experience, a change from the norm, looking out for myself, and living on my own: for me this is college. The transition of high school student to college seemed immensely overwhelming and even a bit scary. The shift opened a can of worms and created challenges, both good and bad, behind every corner. Due to the change of scene, I am now dealing with the everyday acceptance of the greater world around me: the town, the people and my new life. Graduation: the last day that I would unwillingly set foot on the fields of Horizon High School.... [tags: Personal Narratives Education Essays]
1052 words (3 pages)
- When I came to Reinhardt College, I had to meet new people. I had to meet new teachers, coaches, and students. One coach who stood out to me is coach Jonathan Lenarz. He is the Reinhardt soccer coach and teaches Reinahardt Orientation and Wellness. There are many things that I can say about Jonathan Lenarz, like he is a careing, understanding, and intelligent person. Caring is a great way to decribe a coach because he looks out for players on his team and also anyone who is around him.... [tags: essays research papers]
442 words (1.3 pages)
"Hey, do you understand the assignment?" I asked.
"No!" She answered, "This assignment is hard." "I am totally lost."
"Well, I'm glad I am not the only one lost," I said.
As if college life wasn't hard enough being away from everyone, now I am seeing a new side to college life, homework. With the experience I had in my first homework assignment, I know that college is going to be hard. And I have four years to experience this.