Essay PreviewMore ↓
" I always told you kids don’t buy it unless ya got the money."
"Hey let’s go grab a bite to eat."
"Yeah! that sounds good. I heard there is a new restaurant down on Grand that’s suppose to be good."
"Okay", said my friend Shannon.
We arrived at the restaurant and sat down. The waiter brought our menus.
"I’m gonna get the broiled salmon in creamy herb sauce"
"I’m gonna have the vegi ravioli" Shannon said.
"MMMM that sounds good." I replied.
The server brought our food and we enjoyed catching up with each other.
"Wow that was so delicious wasn’t it?"
"Yeah, hey this one is on me because I think you treated last time."
"Thanks" Shannon replied. Then I whipped out my shiny Gold Platinum card at 3.9%. The waiter came by with that little black waiter case thing and a couple of mints. We paid and then we left.
"Say do you mind if we go by the mall real quick I just want to check a new store that’s opened up?"
Shannon replied, "sure that’s cool."
"I just gotta pull into the Super America for some gas." I said.
"I’ll pump you pay?" Shannon said.
"Sure." I responded. I dashed in to the SA and headed to pay. I noticed an article about alien babies that I had heard about.
" I read that one" a voice came from behind. I turned around and it was a short bald guy with a bag of cheetos in his hand.
"Really, how was it ? Worth $1.95?"
"Yeah" he said. So I grabbed it. Then I remembered that I needed some oil for my car. I grabbed some Valvoline and got back in line.
"That will be $27.09 please."
"Shoot, I don’t have enough cash." So I whipped out the gold again and zooooom we were off to the mall.
" Let’s check out that new clothing store on the second floor. It’s supposed to be really cheep. I’d also like to go to that CD shop."
"O.K., but I need to go to the cash machine first," Shannon said.
"Great," I said, "I’ll meet you in the chocolate factory."
There I was in the chocolate shop waiting for Shannon, when I remembered that my mother’s birthday was coming up. So I thought I’d buy her some nice chocolates. The coffee beans looked tempting as well.
"I’ll have a pound of the french roast chocolate coffee and these chocolates as well.
How to Cite this Page
"The Gold Card." 123HelpMe.com. 17 Oct 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- "Tazza: The Hidden Card" is a South Korean gambling film using a well structured storyline to tell the story of a tazza named Han Dae-gil, as he dives into the world of underground gambling. The film correctly displayed a hit flick by using witty dialogue, a attractive storytelling method, and a narrowed sense of emotions. The movie struck gold, domestically, upon its release due to high expectations and a trendy cast line-up. The series itself, "Tazza", is based on the popular comic series written by Kim Se-young and illustrated by Huh Young-man.... [tags: Actor, Film, Gambling, Playing card]
1434 words (4.1 pages)
- ... As for platinum cards, the fee could be as high as RM230. Credit cards interest rate is constantly compounding; means the interest charges are added into the principal so that the total debt will continue to grow exponentially. Customers will be given 20-days grace previous to settle their outstanding amount at 0% interest. Assume a customer had an outstanding of RM 1,000 unsettled, Maybank charges 18% interest on the outstanding. Now the original debt increased from RM 1,000 to RM 1,180; RM 180 profit.... [tags: banks, interest, promotions]
643 words (1.8 pages)
- Recommendations: Launch the credit card operation in Asia Pacific. Use a customized marketing strategy/customized offerings; Focus on customer service; Enter Australia, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Malaysia, India, and Indonesia; Further develop Hong Kong market; Enter Korea whenever regulations allow it. Use different appeals/ value prepositions: in India, Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia emphasize status; target upper and upper-middle class; use Citibank and Dinners database to qualify customers and minimize credit risk; create strategic alliance with high-end retailers, providers of luxury services; in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong emphasiz... [tags: Business Finance]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- “Always treat books like gold.” “Never settle for the mediocre.” “Best effort doesn’t always mean giving 100%.” To this day, these little nuggets of wisdom are the first to resurface whenever I think of the different teachers and mentors who have poured into my life over the years. The educators who said these words are people who have influenced me in ways that I am still discovering and have helped me grow into who I am today. While these phrases may seem a bit cliché, they have managed to stick with me over the years and now represent much more than the ideas they inspire.... [tags: Learning, Education, Teacher, Learning curve]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- Moments of truth in a company are consider when the customer interacts with the organization. Customers have expectations that produce satisfaction or dissatisfaction. Some moments of truth for Gold Star Chili is tha more than 70% of customers goes to Gold Star Chili one time a month, and the other 30% of customers goes at least one time per week. Another moment of truth is the good communication of the department head and the franchises to solve quality product problems within 24 hours. Also, the involvement of the stores with the local community by sponsoring schools and other community programs.... [tags: Marketing, Good, Customer service, Customer]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- American Express has become one of the leaders in credit and debit card transactions of the financial world. As the most innovative company in the business, they were the first to develop a large-scale traveller’s check. Over the years the company became more of a financial company and with the advent of consumer credit and debit cards they became a major player in supplying this service to it's members. American Express produced a niche market of "card members" to fit the needs of various financial desires.... [tags: credit and debit card transactions]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- The regular season has wrapped, which means the NFL DFS playoff action is in full swing starting this Saturday. With only eight teams to choose from, DFS sites know that they have keep prices more affordable than normal to allow for playoff roster constraints. This week, we’ll take a look the top running back and wide receiver punt options for Wild Card weekend. Running Backs Jeremy Hill, Cincinnati Bengals- FanDuel $6,700, DraftKings $5,000, Yahoo $28 Head coach Marvin Lewis has made it clear that Hill is the running back to own in Cincinnati, giving the 2nd-year tailback 19 or more touches in four of the last five games.... [tags: National Football League, American football]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- Marketing Plan HSBC Credit cards Prepared BY- Deepali Rastogi(4511871) Saranjeet Kaur(4518761) Sujay Kanungoe(4519120) A Brief Marketing Plan on HSBC Credit Cards Executive Summary :-This essay contains the marketing plan on HSBC credit cards in UK that can be developed annually or even for a term of 5 years depending upon the people involved and the vision of company. It will also explain on how to change the current scenario and taking the company into a positive growth. Introduction::-Hong Kong and Shanghai banking cooperation abbreviated as HSBC has been founded in 1865.... [tags: Marketing, Bank, Credit card, United Kingdom]
2403 words (6.9 pages)
The Decision to Save the Past in Orson Scott Card´s Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus
- In our modern times, we are all aware that time travelling is the most impossible thing ever thought by men. If it was ever possible, it would simply destroy our society and timeline by going back to the past or going forward to the future. In Orson Scott Card’s novel Pastwatch: The Redemption of Christopher Columbus, the Pastwatch time travellers went on a distant journey to the past to save the native people of Mesoamerica from slavery and oppression by the Europeans. An evidence that the Natives was able to face consequences because of the time travellers, a peaceful Mesoamerica, and the gradual introduction of Christianity would show the accomplishment the Pastwatch time travellers made... [tags: slavery, time, travel, christianity]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- In the middle of the night I was rummaging every corner of my cabinet, seeking for materials to secretly draw another birthday card for my mom. I did this for her yearly, and she had always been happy. Pencil, eraser, colored papers, crayons, markers, a portrait – all materials were ready. “A portrait?” It must have been hiding behind the colored papers layer all the time. And a flow of memory took me back to my first drawing class nine years ago. Miss Huong, my teacher, cheerfully welcomed me when I arrived.... [tags: birthday card, drawing]
530 words (1.5 pages)
"That will be $31.95," the lady said. I gave her my card and then I saw Shannon coming towards the store.
"O.K., let’s go," I said. We then shopped for the rest of the afternoon.
On the way home I said to Shannon, "I can’t believe I bought $270.00 worth of clothes1"
"Don’t feel so bad, I’m sure you needed those seven sweaters," Shannon informed me. But I knew I didn’t need them at all. What I did know, is that I should have listened to my dad. I got home and felt so bad, I ate all the chocolates.