Essay PreviewMore ↓
Many Americans have a four-legged member of their family in their home. Most people deal with housebreaking problems, pet hair on furniture, and an occasional broken lamp because all the friendly welcomes home outweigh these minor problems. When the weather begins to get warmer, these pet owners begin to cringe with the thought of spring. It can only mean one thing; flea season and the circus of giving flea baths and dips is about to start. But in the past few years, there has been a break through in scientific technology allowing both owners and pets to rest easier. The scientific community has come up with a liquid that can be put on the pets skin that kills adult fleas. These liquids are safe for people and animals, and do not wash off. But which one is the best choice?
While only a veterinarian can choose the right product for each pet, owners can definitely look into the choices by asking their vet or by simply logging onto the internet. There are three products on the market that are currently most often advised by vets: Frontline-Topspot, Advantage, and Revolution. By examining each products webpage, one can gain more information about each product that they can use along with their veterinarians advice to find the right product. Each website is different in the way they represent their products information through audience choice, layout, presentation of information, and general style.
Before looking at the difference between these websites, it may be helpful to know exactly what these products are. These products are meant as a flea control measure by killing the adult fleas that bite the pet. The product comes in a small ampule and is in liquid form. The liquid is applied directly to the skin of the pet between the shoulder blades. It is then absorbed into the fatty layer of the skin and into the blood system. The product cannot be washed off after application, which allows the pet to be bathed and to play in water and it does not rub off into the environment.
How to Cite this Page
"Flea Control for Dogs and Cats." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Oct 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Characteristics of Magical Realism in If Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs "If Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs" is a short story written by Colin McNaughton. "If Dinosaurs were Cats And Dogs" was published in 1981. It is classified under the fantastic sublime. However, based on the analysis of "If Dinosaurs were Cats And Dogs" one would believe that magical realism is a genre of the sublime. While reading "If Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs", one comes upon the illustrations in the book. Through out all of the illustrations, the people are on a smaller scale then the animals.... [tags: Dinosaurs Were Cats And Dogs Essays]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- For eighteen years, I have always lived in a house with two dogs and two cats. Within those eighteen years, I have been through three dogs, but always had two around the house. In those eighteen years, the two cats have always been the same, until one had an unexpected decline in his health. Chester, the mouthy Russian blue feline, had become sick and was no longer acting normal. Unfortunately, as a family of four, we decided to euthanize him. We did it out of mercy. We also euthanized our second cat, Sammy, out of the mercy of him becoming a lost soul in the house, always trying to find Chester.... [tags: Cat, Cats, Cat communication, Cat coat genetics]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Shelters all across the United States are filled with yapping, meowing, and barking animals. If these animals are not adopted in time to make room for more unwanted animals, they are euthanized. Animals are breeding quickly, causing fluctuation in the animal population. It is almost literally raining cats and dogs. An effective way to combat this problem is the spay and neuter the animals to ensure they do not reproduce. Spaying and neutering animals will decrease the animal population and prevent many animals from being put into crowded shelters and euthanized.... [tags: Animals, Euthanasia, Shelter]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- When you talk to pet owners about owning a cat versus a dog, it stirs up much controver-sy in many ways. By looking at both cats and dogs, the cat outweighs the dog in many ways, which makes the cat the superior selection when making a final decision on which one to get. Cats have very desirable qualities that make them an award winning choice to many owners. The qualities that appeal to most are the ability of the cat to live in small spaces, they do not eat large amounts of food for their meals, and they are very sedentary and independent in nature making them a low maintenance pet.... [tags: Cat, Predation, Dog, Theobromine poisoning]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- Dogs and cats are the most popular pets in the whole world. Even though they’re both very popular, they are different in many ways. Some people gravitate towards the calmness of a cat, while others seek the companionship of a dog. Cats are a lot more independent and less expensive. Cats don’t require nor do they want to be trained to be a house pet. Dogs on the other hand are very loyal and will act as your best friend. Dogs require more attention and training to be a well behaved family member.... [tags: popular pets, animals, dog, cat]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Why Dogs Are Better Pets than Cats We’ve all seen moments on media where a child gets a pet as a present. The pleasure of getting a pet as a gift is often touching and sometimes ends with tears of joy. Being able to grow up with the pet is often a emotional roller coaster. Treating the pet as if it was another human being like watching television together, playing outside on the field, or just eating dinner as a family are memories we can cherish as they grow up. Although, in terms of being able to connect with the animal emotionally and physically; we can definitely see many reasons as to why a dog is a much better pet then a cat.... [tags: Pet, Dog, Labrador Retriever, Predation]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- Is It A Better Choice to Keep Cats or Dogs. Nowadays a lot of people have pets at home since they are solitary. Pets can help them to release stress, and enhance their moods. Several studies show the people who have pets live longer than people who don’t. Pets can also help them to build their responsibility and patience. When teenagers spend time with pets, they learn the way to take care of others. There is no doubt that cats and dogs are two of the most popular pets in the world since they are easy to raise and they are adorable.... [tags: Dog, Predation, Cat, Neutering]
1682 words (4.8 pages)
- The cursed cat. He was grinning at them, that insolent face just grinning and staring, those disgusting whiskers twitching, the disgusting muddy fur, the disgusting hole in his ear. Scampi and Mustard stood at the bottom of the tree, tongues slowly moving in and out. It was over, both of them knew. They stared right back at the mangy cat with hate in their eyes. Its tail was curling back and forth. "Can't we wait this time?" "No." "But-" "We could stand here all day, but we'd have to leave sometime.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
4906 words (14 pages)
- Cats vs. Dogs Are you a cat person or a dog person. In the age-old schism of cats versus dogs, there has always been a debate for both sides. No matter what side is taken there will always be a debate about which animal is superior. People choose pets based on a certain kinship they feel with the animal. Now, perhaps cat lovers are uptight, but they don't choose to claim kinship with a creature whose first act upon meeting a new member of its own kind is to sniff its behind. There is also the problem of dignity and discrimination -- as in, dogs have none.... [tags: Pets Ownership Dog Cat Essays Compare Contrast]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- The results of the study scaled the dogs on five dimensions of behavior temperament: playfulness, curiosity/fearfulness, chase-proneness, sociability, and aggressiveness (De Palma et al., 2005). Dogs living in rescue shelters were assessed as demonstrating a low degree of playfulness, showing distraction by the environment when being enticed to play. The sheltered dogs also scored low on curiosity but, high on fearful behavior. The cortisol levels for the sheltered dogs were significantly higher than the cortisol levels of canines living in households, indicative of stress and anxiety associated with shelter lifestyle.... [tags: Shelter Dogs]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
Collie de Pelo Corto Informacíon