Essay PreviewMore ↓
The school that I visited was new. It was the first year of the school opening. The school board had combined two schools into one, so the students had to adjust to their new environments and new individuals. They seemed to be getting along well with each other. Since the school is new the teacher has to adjust to new problems that araise. Times for the subjects and times for using the computer labs change. So the teacher must always be fixable for anything. In this observation of this classroom I learned about the enjoyment of teaching. How you have to adapt to each of the students.
The teacher was happy and cheerful to all the students. She never had to yell at the students for doing wrong or doing badly on work. She gave praise to the students for doing well. Even when the students got off track from the question she ask. She would just say that was interesting and go back to the question she started with. All the students were exited to answer question with their hands swing in the air. When I first got to the classroom the desks were in groups and later were moved into rows. To cut down on some of the talking between the students. All eyes were on the teacher when she talked waiting in anticipation. The class was well organized and everything was in placed. The students had their own lockers in the classroom. They had time before class started and before lunch to get out what they might need for the day. The teacher keeps control of the classroom. They also had a set time for the subjects everyday. The main emphases of the classroom were on reading, writing, and math. All homework assignments were written on the board for all the students know what is do the next day. Students had homework folders to take home, so their parents know how their child was doing in school and had to sign the folder and return it.
When I first got to the classroom the students were doing a listening exercise and had to answer same question the teacher wrote on the board. At a certain time they all were allowed to go to the bathroom. Each student was given a responsibility in the classroom.
How to Cite this Page
"Classroom Observation Report." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Classroom Observation On two different days, several observations took place in two different types of environment. I observed a teacher and her students of a second grade elementary school and a teacher and her students aged 18 months to two years old in a daycare environment. I observed the environment and interaction of the teacher and his or her students.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- Classroom Observation After fifteen hours of classroom observation, I look forward to being a teacher even more than at the beginning of this semester.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- Classroom Observation When I arrived at Casey Elementary School I was sure that kindergarten was the grade I wanted to teach. After my observation was done I knew that a higher grade was more appropriate for me. Working with such young kids at a close proximity had given me a better perspective of what grade and age I would be most beneficial and more comfortable teaching.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report]
1784 words (5.1 pages)
- Classroom Observation On Monday February 24, 2014 I visited Mrs. Randus’ third and fourth grade split class at Kline Elementary. Her classroom consisted of a mixture of third and fourth grade students who were tested and labeled as gifted in various subject matters. Mrs. Randus was responsible for teaching the children language and reading skills. The class consisted of an equal number of boys and girls, along with a wide variety of cultures.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report 2014]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- Classroom Observation I use to believe that being a teacher was going to be eight hours of teaching and being with children. Being a teacher seemed to be the easiest career choice out there for me. After viewing the students of all ages and levels, I have changed my opinion of teaching. There is an unknown side to the world that can only be seen when inside a classroom.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report 2014]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- The school that I visited was new. It was the first year of the school opening. The school board had combined two schools into one, so the students had to adjust to their new environments and new individuals. They seemed to be getting along well with each other. Since the school is new the teacher has to adjust to new problems that araise. Times for the subjects and times for using the computer labs change. So the teacher must always be fixable for anything. In this observation of this classroom I learned about the enjoyment of teaching.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report]
646 words (1.8 pages)
- Field Observation Reflection Paper The best way for someone to determine if they really would like to go into a certain field is to observe and talk to others who are already in the discipline. This is especially important for prospective teachers because although you do not realize it as a student, teaching is a very taxing job that requires patience and determination. With a diverse classroom of students who have various levels of knowledge on the subjects being taught and how they grasp those subjects a teacher must be able to meet the needs of these pupils.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report 2014]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Classroom Observation Mrs. Laners’ teaches first grade at Smallville Elementary School in Smallville, Ohio. Her class is made up of nineteen students, eight of which have been diagnosed with ADHD. In addition to ADHD one student has also been diagnosed as oppositionally defiant, meaning he does the opposite of what is being said to him. He is the only student to have his own desk; all other students have assigned seats along three long tables on one side of the classroom.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report 2014]
1960 words (5.6 pages)
- Classroom Observation I officially began my career as a student teacher in Spanish on August 25, 2014 at Memorial High School in Smallville, Ohio. I work under the guidance of Mrs. Santer, my mentor teacher, who has been introducing WMHS students to the wonderful world of languages for over 30 years. This year Mrs. Santer is teaching various levels of Spanish (Advanced Placement, IV, III, and I) as well as French I.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report 2014]
2110 words (6 pages)
- When thinking about the nature of students, I think about how the students behave. I believe that the behavior of students as a group reflects eclecticism meaning that every child behaves differently although every behavior can be integrated. While doing my observation in a second grade classroom, I have met students that are extremely social and active as well as students who are rather quiet and reserved. Usually when an extremely social child is seated with a quiet child, the quiet child will not say much so the extremely social child will not have anyone to talk to.... [tags: Teacher Observation Report]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
One of the days that I did my observation the school had a dedication ceremony. Which had the mayor, senators, school board members, and parents there attending. The students were happier to see the mayor than anyone else. More than eighty percent of the class was involved with the choir. After the dedication ceremony the students were a back to their listening lesson.
Each day was a new experience for me. I don’t know how I would react to the children in the class or how open they would be to me. I found that the whole class was open and asking for my help. I ethereally enjoyed each and every one of them. I was able to interact with students by reading to them, helping with work, and sitting with them for lunch. There were three of the students that were always around me. Asking me question and asking for help. There was a Hispanic girl that had a difficult time with English. I could relate to her, because I know little English when I first got here. It didn’t stop her in any of her work. Which she did great work on. I saw myself when I was her age.