Essay PreviewMore ↓
Have you ever been disappointed while searching a used car online? For example, never finding the car that you are interested in, hard to obtain the contact information about the seller, not getting satisfactory information relating to the car that you have found, that leads to total disappointments. After performing some researches for a week and based on my personal experienced, I found out two best websites to find a used car. They are http://www.cars.com/ and http://www.autotrader.com/. At first, these two websites seem to be alike, but if you go through the detail, you can see the strength and the weakness of both websites. These are what I am going to explain further in this paper.
Cars.com  and Autotrader.com  are comprehensive online resources for buying and selling a car. Both of these websites list all potential cars from dealers and private sellers. Cars.com , which is created in June 1998, is a division of Classified Ventures, LLC, which is owned by six leading media companies. Autotrader.com , which is created earlier in 1997 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., is a division of AutoTrader.com, LLC. Autotrader.com  is the world’s leading automotive marketplace online, more than 2.5 million cars for sale by dealers, private sellers, and manufacturers.
Both Cars.com  and Autotrader.com  are public websites; this means that these websites are opened to automotive dealers and private sellers throughout the United States. The buyers can search for a car all around the United States by entering their ZIP code. The individual sellers also can post their car on the website despite where ever location they are. Both of these websites provide free information on all aspects of the car shopping and processing procedure. You do not have to be a member to access the website. The website is free for car buyers. However, the sellers have to pay to advertise their cars on the website. Another income for these websites is from the advertisement that was posted in the websites from other car companies. Advertising on these websites helps both the dealers and manufacturers to promote their company as well, because more than 8 millions people averagely visit these websites monthly.
The outline of both of these websites seems so simple. At the top headline, both of them have lots of menus, but if we compare between these two, Autotrader.
How to Cite this Page
"The Two Best Websites to Find a Used Car." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Best Websites to Research Buying a Car If you are in the market for a new car, you should never underestimate the power of knowledge. The internet gives you unlimited resources to ensure that you get the vehicle that has all of the features you want at a price you can afford. With it, you can research pros and cons of a certain vehicle, discover an average price range for it, and compare it to other vehicles of a similar style and price range. However, not all websites are easy to use and as useful as you may have hoped for.... [tags: Automobile, Vehicle, Vehicles, Walking]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- A Student's Reaction to Used Car Websites Getting a used car instead of a new car is becoming a trend in America today. People do not want to spend money for new cars cause of the fact that cars’ values diminish significantly. This is exactly what my friend thought when he bought his used Acura CL 2.3 Coupe 2D for 13,500 dollars last years from a local dealer. Now the question is whether the price he paid really makes sense considering the current options and conditions of the car. Unfortunately, my friend didn’t even do any research before he bought this car.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- Excellent Websites to Assist You in Buying a New Car By overcoming any fear about buying a car online, consumers can get that dream car for a great price, safely and securely - possibly even for a better price than offline. Are you in the market for a new or used car. Would you like to get some advice on safety ratings for certain cars, fuel efficiency, or trade- in value. If so, the fueleconomy.gov/feg/ and Carsdirect.com could have the answers to all of your vehicle- related questions and more.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- A Student Compares Websites on Rally Racing The sport of rallying is fast becoming popular around the world. With races taking place on countries around the world, the internet is an invaluable resource to fans around the globe. The official site of the World Rally Championship (WRC) can be found at www.wrc.com. There are other unofficial sites such as, www.worldrally.net, and www.worldrallynews.com. All three of these sites provide information regarding the many races, drivers, and teams.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- 2. How to Buy a Used Car. Pankaj Sherchan, Student – Southeastern Louisiana University Buying a new car can be misleading sometimes. Some of them are expensive while other do not meet the expectations. Thus, buying a used car can be a good option. It not only saves the buyer from unaffordable loans, especially for the college students, but also helps in lowering the monthly insurance payments. Finding a good deal with so many choices can be challenging task. However, if you plan and research ahead of time, it can be as easy as picking a chocolate out of basket.... [tags: Automobile, Sales, Marketing, Automobiles]
2644 words (7.6 pages)
- So, are you interested in buying a new car, or at least a new used car. Well don’t let the problems of car buying deter you. Although buying a car can be an intricate and tedious process, there are certain guidelines even professional car buyers follow. With a few points of information on how to find the right car, the tedious car-buying process can be made easy. Car-buying really starts with what you want from your car. This is the most important step of all because buying something you really don’t want could be the biggest disappointment of all.... [tags: Automobile, Debut albums, 2008 albums, Need]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- 11 Things to Know Before Shipping a Car 1. It is risky depending on your method of shipment You can ship your car with an open or enclosed trailer. Open trailers are typically cheaper, but prone to damage, theft, and the weather. Cars on open trailers are typically held in place by chains and reputable car transport companies use nylon straps or wheel nets to prevent damage to the chassis. Be wary of companies that use chains to secure their vehicles. Chains are often put over a vehicle 's axle, which can put a lot of strain on that vehicle especially if they are over tightened.... [tags: Automobile, Transport, Truck, Vehicle]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- Valuing a Website Before You Sell Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com There is probably no part of the buying process that worries a potential buyer more than overpaying for a website. While this is understandable (who wants to pay more than something is worth), it has more to do with misinformation and one's total approach to buying a website than it does to being an expert at appraisals. The truth is, value is completely subjective. After all, what one website may be worth to you is entirely different from what it is worth to the next person.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- About a year and a half ago I found myself in the market for a car. I had moved from Baltimore to Austin car less. In Texas, I found it to be extremely difficult to get around without a car. This brought me to the purchase of a 2005 Toyota Corolla. The five steps in the decision making process needed to decide what to do in my situation includes; 1) Problem recognition, 2)Information search, 3)Evaluation of alternatives, 4)Product choice, and 5)Post purchase evaluation. I was tired of the poor mass transportation in Texas, a car would give me more freedom and time.... [tags: Process Essays]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- How to Find and Buy Quality Websites Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com Most buyers don’t realize that very few of all website buyers are successful in buying a quality website. VotanWeb receives email form website buyers daily and the frustrations I hear from them are usually pretty much the same. Buyers need to know how the game works when buying a website. It is a lot like finding that great job – it takes a lot of work and patience. Most website buyers are unprepared, unrealistic, and think they will easily find that perfect website.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
681 words (1.9 pages)
Anyway, the best part of Cars.com  is shown after entering the detail of the car that you interested on, you can see that Cars.com  show the details of the car in one display. The year of the vehicle, the company that makes the car and the model of the car, the price, the mileage, the icon that shows that the thread has a picture, the seller of the car, the style of the car, the color, and the distance of the seller from your place are shown in one display. Compare with the Autotrader.com , it also shows the details of the car, but they are displayed in a small box that are hardly to read. For experiment, I try to search the Toyota Supra 93-94. From Cars.com , it sorts the car by the price, but I can see all the details in one display. It also stated in the title of the car, whether that supra has turbo or not. Anyway, Autotrader.com  displays all the detail in one box, so we can see the seller explanation without clicking the link of the car.
Cars.com  provides the best full detail with regard to car upon clicking the link of the car that you have found. In the full detail of Cars.com , you can find a link to the Kelly Blue Book value of the car. The best part is when one clicks the link to the CARFAX history report, CARFAX is another website that you can find the full report of the car. We cannot just trust the individual seller at times, if he stated the car is clean title. We cannot confirm for sure whether the car ever had an accident before or not. Unclean title would mean that the specific car has had an accident before, for it has been reported by police. So, how about if that car has ever had an accident but the accident had not been reported to police? The title is still proclaimed as clean. In CARFAX report, you will know that how many times the car has been repaired and what is the accident. I have an experienced when one of friends buying a used Nissan Integra 95. In the title paper, I saw directly that it stated clean title, but I found a huge dent from an accident on the left body of the car. So, I counter checked it later using CARFAX, truly as it stated that the car had ever had an accident in highway a year ago from year 2003.
The weakness of both these sites is not efficient with updating information. I personally have ever tried to call several sellers of the Toyota Supra 93-94 on both websites. I realized from four potential sellers of the car, at least one of them has sold their car. This is the information that frustrates a buyer most. It would be a major disappointing to realize the car that you like, together with the entire specifications match with your interest, but when you call the seller, that car has been sold. It frustrates me at times to know the updating process not as immediate as 24 hours.
Both websites provide the contact information of the car’s seller. Some of them stated their phone number and their address where the car located. They are also some people stated the term of payment. I have my own experience while I was looking for Audi TT 2000. I found in Autotrader.com  that there was an Audi TT 2000 with white color, and superb specifications, such as, full body modified, turbo stage III, all engines have been modified and off course, low mileages. The seller asked for only 18,000 US Dollars. As I know, the Audi TT 2000 price ranges from 18,000 to 20,000 US Dollars. The seller asked the payment with money order or paycheck. This sounds weird to me. So, I tried to call the seller via email that was stated in the web. He convinced me that the car was in superb condition and so on. He said that he did not have phone number and he could not accept payment from pay pal or other money transfer. I suspected that there must something wrong with his advertisement. Finally, I found the exactly same car in other website, and that car was in Leichesten, a small country in the Central of Europe. Finally, couple of days later, the webmaster of the website stated that the seller was a conman. There reason why I share this experience is to show that it is not easy to buy a car online. We should find the website that is fast and updated. The Autotrader.com  shows its capability by banning the conman.
The other thing is there are no stated rules in the terms and conditions of the website for the sellers to describe the car in a full detail. The sellers should be asked to provide more photos and describe the full detail of the car, even a small scratch on the car. From my experienced, I have ever seen a car that has lots of scratches and dings, but the seller did not mention it in the detail of the car. The seller only said that the car in good condition. Actually, this is not the fault of the website, but it should be totally the fault of the seller who does not mention all details of the car. Anyway, a good website should have its own way to prevent this matter.
My goal in writing this paper is to help the reader to find a used car using these websites. People always think that buying a used car online is easy to do. There are many of websites to find a used car. Each website has its own strength and weakness. In this paper, I have explained the strength and the weakness of Cars.com  and Autotrader.com . Both of these websites are very easy to use and helpful. I myself bought my car using Autotrader.com . Using this website, I can contact the seller easier and I do not need to pay the website for any fees. The detail of the car that provided in the website was fit with my expectation. Then, I also used Cars.com  to compare the price and to find the shortest distance of the car with my place. So, if you are searching for a used car, I am highly recommending these two websites.