Essay PreviewMore ↓
In today’s world of technology, electronics have become an essential part of our lives. With the advances in technology and communication systems, the sizes of integrated circuits or chips decrease every year, which in turn make the electronics smaller, more reliable and more powerful. In addition, due to the economic crisis, customers’ demands are becoming more crucial. They prefer cheaper products with better functions which consume less power. Therefore, it is useful to evaluate those websites in the market that will lead us to a better idea of how to choose better and cheaper products. The evaluation of these websites will be based on user friendliness, the organization and layout of the websites, contents, and how effective the site is at conveying the information it is trying to present. The three websites that I will be evaluating are www.cnet.com, www.buy.com and www.amazon.com
First of all, cnet.com is evaluated. Most consumers are concerned with the duration it takes to load the website. The consumer will be frustrated if the website takes a long time to load. Although cnet.com is loaded with pictures, information and links on the webpage, the loading of the webpage is instantaneous.
Furthermore, cnet.com is a very informative and user friendly website. The main page of cnet.com provides information on new products release and many safety precautions while using electronic equipments. The content of cnet.com is large; the consumers are able to find many electronic products, such as notebooks, desktops, television, digital cameras, peripherals, handheld and home videos on cnet.com. In addition, this website also provides customer reviews, specifications and the manufacturer of a certain electronic product.
For example, if you are buying digital cameras products, you can simply click on the digital camera link and you will be directed to an option page. In this option page, the consumer will then choose the desired price range, the manufacturers and the resolution. After choosing a particular manufacturer, you will be forwarded to a page where the website will compare the price of the chosen digital cameras with other digital cameras of the same functionality and requirements. The best price will be highlighted.
Customer reviews about a certain product and its manufacturer are provided. Therefore, the consumer will not need to worry about the reliability of a certain product of an unknown manufacturer.
How to Cite this Page
"A Student's Observations on Three Consumer Electronics Websites." 123HelpMe.com. 21 Aug 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One Student's Observations of an Online Community An online community is a place where individual users with common interest come together to build relationships with similar people. Recently I was looking through the Yahoo and MSN websites, searching for an interesting community to join. Unfortunately, all of the message boards I was interested in had been inactive for over a year. Online communities must involve growing relationships among active users. Many people believe that online communities are a waste of time and are destroying our current society. Howard Rheingold, an author, argues another point of view (92).... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1558 words (4.5 pages)
- A Student's Evaluation of Cellular Phone Websites The rapid development in communication technology in the last few decades has made productions in personal communication devices more cost effective. Personal communications service (PCS) cellular phones have becomes a necessity in the ever-growing society. It is a common thing these days when you heard cellular phones ringing. “Cellular phone providers in the United States sign up three new users per minute and have a combined customer base of approximately 112 million” according to CNN website (http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/ptech/03/29/phone.service.t_t/index.html).... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- A Student Commentary on Big Media's Attack on Fan Websites The fight between legal departments at major movie and TV studios and producers of fan websites has reached a fever pitch. The legal department of Fox TV sent out notices to cease and desist to two webmasters of fan "King Of The Hill" websites. Fox Primetime has cracked down on fan sites before, most notably those saluting "The X-Files." It boggles the mind why fan sites pose such a threat to the studios. It would seem that for a fan to take the time and spend the money to build a website without any hope of financial reward would be the supreme compliment to a given show.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- A Student's Reaction to Used Car Websites Getting a used car instead of a new car is becoming a trend in America today. People do not want to spend money for new cars cause of the fact that cars’ values diminish significantly. This is exactly what my friend thought when he bought his used Acura CL 2.3 Coupe 2D for 13,500 dollars last years from a local dealer. Now the question is whether the price he paid really makes sense considering the current options and conditions of the car. Unfortunately, my friend didn’t even do any research before he bought this car.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- A Student's Comments on Habitat for Humanity Websites While sitting in my dorm room watching a DVD, I looked around and suddenly realized how lucky I was. I lived in a decent sized room with lighting and air conditioning that I could adjust to make myself comfortable. Then I thought how even more lucky I was to be able to go home too yet a nicer living facility at my own house that I have to share with nobody but my immediate family. It made me begin to wonder how many people there are that do not possess this luxury.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- A Student Compares Websites on Rally Racing The sport of rallying is fast becoming popular around the world. With races taking place on countries around the world, the internet is an invaluable resource to fans around the globe. The official site of the World Rally Championship (WRC) can be found at www.wrc.com. There are other unofficial sites such as, www.worldrally.net, and www.worldrallynews.com. All three of these sites provide information regarding the many races, drivers, and teams.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- A Student Evaluates the Websites of Three Shoe Companies Many companies now use websites to advertise their products. In this essay I will evaluate the effectiveness of several shoe websites. Three websites that I have been looked at are: www.nike.com (niketown), www.reebok.com, and www.adidas.com. They all are big companies that provide many kinds of shoes. Their websites looked similar in the first sight, but they are actually very different in several ways. My evaluation will be based on the navigation, contents, organization and layout of the websites, target audiences, user satisfaction with the websites, and how long the page takes to load.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- A Student Looks at Websites for 3D Graphics Cards There are many players in the game of computer graphics cards for personal computers. ATI and NVIDIA are two major competitors in this field along with many others. They have many differences that set them apart and also many issues that they have in common. One such issue is each company’s website. ATI’s and NVIDIA’s respective websites both target the same audience. With this being the case, they try their best to differentiate themselves from each other using a different yet somehow very similar layout for their websites.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- A Student's Perspective of Formula 1 Racing Websites There are 2 websites that I want to talk about. The first one is www.formula1.com. It is the official website for racing sport called Formula 1. The second one is www.f1-live.com. This website is made for big F1 fans. You can see it from the lay-out which has complete information for the fans while the first one only has just enough information and easier for new F1 fans to browse and know more about F1. www.formula1.com (formula1) has some special features such as the history about each Grand Prix (race), how and where to buy the tickets, and interactive circuit map.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- A Student Looks at Two Websites on Lasik Surgery (laser surgery) Today there are so many choices in life and a person who wears glasses or contacts might decide to eliminate the need for such medical devices. Lasik (Laser assisted in situ keratomileusis), the most commonly performed type of laser surgery, is an effective treatment that can correct many vision problems by reshaping the cornea. Life without glasses or contact lenses would be easier and more enjoyable for any human being. But can a person’s vision get worse after the procedure.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Web Sites]
1706 words (4.9 pages)
Another website - buy.com does not have a wide content as compared to cnet.com. Buy.com only provides commonly used electronic products such as computer, software, home networking, digital cameras and others. However, it has more links towards issues like gifts, household needs, and leisure products.
Besides that, the search on products is limited in the sense that customers are unable to conduct price range and compare different manufacturers. Customers, who are on a budget, cannot compare the prices of products with the same functionality from different manufacturers. The descriptions on products are short and sometimes incomplete which in turn cause customers to make an unwise decision. The website is not updated frequently because new products take a while before being updated onto the website. This website does not provide some of the important features such as customer reviews and ratings of the products. Therefore, this reflects that the company is not honest enough to inform the customers on which products have its downsides.
The product images on buy.com are not appealing to the consumers. For instance, the enlarged images of the products are not detail. Furthermore, in the digital camera product image, the customers are not able to view the product from different angles therefore; they cannot see the buttons and screens to capture the image. In addition, some of the links do not even provide larger image and sub pictures. To evaluate this website as whole, the contents of this website is average since it is quite complete for visitors to access to the products they want. Their advertisement is occasionally updated and other people have obtained some of the information at early stage. Its user friendliness needs to be improved further because it does not provide broader information on the products
Lastly, amazon.com is a general website to find consumer needs but limited to electronic products. In fact, it is one of the best profitable companies so far. We found that its search engine is quite objective since it links to the desired items by just typing the name on it. For example, if you simply type the cell phone model Motorola V600, you will be directed to the model. In addition, it gives other images of Motorola models too in case you would like to look at other models. This objectivity also contributes to the user friendliness because you can easily find products without browsing to other parts of the website. Having updated information on new products is also one of Amazon.com’s goals to ensure customer satisfaction. Most of the customers might want to purchase new products regardless of their prices.
This website welcomes every visitor, but requires customers’ identification for purchasing. Therefore, customers must sign up for an account in amazon.com for future reference. This identification serves as a good protection from credit cards fraud and other criminals’ activities. Amazon.com offers rebates for some of its products and customers can easily check their rebate status by logging in to their accounts. The customers can also check the status of their orders by logging in to their accounts. Amazon.com does offer accurate contact information in case dissatisfaction might arise among the customers. There are a few options in their contact information since this is a trading website. The options include order and refund questions, account assistance, typographical errors, website and product suggestions.
This website has its user friendliness in the sense that it does not require special software to view the information. Some visitors might feel a little troublesome by having their computers installed to certain software. In addition, this website does not charge customers for viewing its information. This will also enhance their skill in welcoming every visitor to look at their websites.
Certain websites do not offer other options for better viewing, but amazon.com does. The most interesting feature is that by clicking on the image you look for, you will be able to view the image from any angles. This will improve the customers’ willingness to purchase the product since the different angles of images will satisfy their curiosity.
The customer can learn about the products in more detail since detailed information is included. There are customer reviews by those who purchased the products earlier. This reflects the willingness of the company to share other customers’ comments and discussions with you. There are a few recommended things that will fit into the products because they also want the customer to maximize the usefulness of the products. For example, customers who look for digital camera are recommended to purchase higher storage of memory card. This higher storage of memory cards will enable the camera to capture more pictures.
Nowadays, business industry is moving towards an extremely competitive market. Therefore, whoever can meet the customers’ satisfactions, will make good profits at the end. People do not just earn money by creating websites and persuading people to buy their products. They can also earn big profits if their websites are frequently visited and provide satisfaction to the customers.
After reviewing the above three websites carefully, cnet.com gives a good choice of products with the cheapest value and worth value for money. Buy.com provides limited products to the customers and does not concern customers who are on a budget. Amazon.com indeed provides good and reliable information. Interestingly, it provides rebates and free shipping of certain products for those customers who are on a budget. However, amazon.com does not provide the easiest search detail information as cnet.com does. For example, from cnet.com, customers are able to find exactly the resolution of their cameras, their budget price, and manufacturers. In addition, the information on cnet.com is clearer since they have buying guides for those customers who are new to digital cameras. Thus, cnet.com ensures excellent customer satisfaction and serves as a reliable website for today’s electronics age.
1995. CNET Networks, Inc. May 2004 <http://www.cnet.com/>
1996. Amazon.com, Inc May 2004 <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/home.html/104-1709462-4150323>
1997. Buy.com,Inc May 2004 <http://www.buy.com/>