Essay PreviewMore ↓
The rapid development in communication technology in the last few decades has made productions in personal communication devices more cost effective. Personal communications service (PCS) cellular phones have becomes a necessity in the ever-growing society. It is a common thing these days when you heard cellular phones ringing. “Cellular phone providers in the United States sign up three new users per minute and have a combined customer base of approximately 112 million” according to CNN website (http://www.cnn.com/2001/TECH/ptech/03/29/phone.service.t_t/index.html).
However, the trend in portable electronic devices actually just started to become popular about five years ago. Portable devices, such as cellular phones, offered more versatility and mobility for busy people. People love the idea that they are not confined but still able to work and communicate with other people anytime anywhere. Back in the older days, it was difficult to communicate with your spouse or employee when they were out in the site without telephone connection. Today anybody can easily call for assistance when he or she is stranded somewhere in the highway during winter blizzard.
Besides communication, cellular phones are also equipped with many other features from camera to personal digital assistant (PDA). In the future the researchers might be able to incorporate the video recorder and personal computer together into a small cellular phone. In order to learn more about what a cellular phone has to offer, surfing internet is the most efficient way since to go. Of course, to find a good deal in cellular phone we have to do some researches and comparing prices. Unfortunately, not every website can be trusted, so be careful when you see an outrageous deal that is too good to be true.
There are several tips you can use on finding a suitable wireless provider. However, make sure you know what kind of cellular phone do you want or need. These are the recommended criteria you can use to evaluate whether the websites are giving you the information:
1. Does it provide you with an insight on how to find the right phone?
It does not matter how many phones the provider has, leave the website if you have difficulties in finding the phone that you want or need. Most wireless providers work together with particular cellular phone companies for profit maximization. For example, Sprint PCS is working together with Samsung, LG, and several others.
In addition, the providers will try to accommodate the customers’ need by selling several different types of phones from PDA phone to a rugged phone with longer battery life.
How to Cite this Page
"A Student's Evaluation of Cellular Phone Websites." 123HelpMe.com. 21 Jul 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Are there really any advantages to allowing student cell phone usage in school. For many years, an ongoing battle between teachers, parents, and students has revolved around this simple, yet complex, question. David Rath states in his article that “twenty-four percent of K-12 schools ban cell phones altogether, and Sixty-two percent allow phones on school grounds but ban them in the classroom” (para. 1). Students and parents believe that cell phones can provide educational opportunities, along with a means of communication in case of emergency.... [tags: Mobile phone, Education, School, High school]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- It has been brought to the school’s attention that there is a need for a more perpetual and comprehensive assessment of students while they are served in the Gifted and Talented Program. Formative assessments provide opportunities to evaluate student performance while the students are being served in the Gifted and Talented Program. Portfolios are an excellent way to evaluate student performance while also helping self-direct their learning and there by improving students’ aim in attaining particular educational goals.... [tags: Assessment, Evaluation, Education, Student]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- Cell phones; that machine that students and teachers have become tech savvy with nowadays. Would it be a good idea to have in a classroom setting. Cell phone usage in classrooms has become a major aspect for many reasons: online learning activities, easy and quick for research methods, and self-control for both students and teachers. These aspects have changed the way classrooms have evolved from not wanting devices around to having daily use for them for educational purposes. Online learning activities are one outcome of having access to a cell phone in a classroom.... [tags: Mobile phone, Education, Cellular network]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- 31 years ago since the “DynaTAC 8000X”, the first cellular telephone, was release by Motorola that was created in the Unites States. The DynaTAC 8000X or the “brick” phone is bulky because it is most battery body. Its hardware parts and design’s features a revolutionary “rubber whip” antenna which delivers a perfect reception to users, a vibrant LED display capable of displaying the status of the telephone and the numbers as you press in its 3x4 keypads (Recombu, 2011). From this invention the history of mobile phone we uses today started.... [tags: technology, the brick phone]
1748 words (5 pages)
- Different opinions arise when it comes to whom is supposed to evaluate teachers’ performances as they educate students. Although teachers have had the proper education necessary to execute education in a classroom, some lack skills to present material which students can fully comprehend. In an effort to help students grasp learning material, the idea of students evaluating and grading their teacher’s performance has been suggested. This idea would be helpful to teachers who need views on how to reach slower students and whom welcome helpful criticism.... [tags: Teacher Evaluation Education]
1655 words (4.7 pages)
- Figures Unreadable The National Market for Cellular Phone Service The national cellular market is undoubtedly one of the nation’s most expansive markets. In 2003, wireless revenues totaled to over $100 Billion; nearly one percent of the United States GDP. Since wireless has emerged, the typical buyer has expanded from the average middle/upper-class adult to teenagers, elderly, and business consumers. 20% of American teenagers own cell phones, explaining why Virgin Mobile was founded to specifically target young consumers1.... [tags: Business Economics Cell Phone]
2925 words (8.4 pages)
- The Technology of Cell Phone There is no doubt that mobile phone has become one of the most important part in people’s daily life. People use it to read the news, pay the bill, and share the interest… Every time when people talking about mobile phones, they hold different opinions, some of them think it’s really convenient to use cell phones, while others think it makes people separate from the real world. In fact, many people enjoy using their phone, but at the same time they are complaining that mobile phone have took their privacy and the freedom away.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- Spread of a Cellular Phone Why did the cellular phone that I was a success which there must be spread now to this place. And would it really do our life wealthily. Finaly, I want to think about society influence by diffusion of a cellular phone . I will want to think about the answer by this sentence while comparing a cellular phone with an old rigid telephone. Primarily I try to think about the effectiveness of a cellular phone. The greatest advantage of a cellular phone telephones it anywhere any time, and it is to be able to receive a telephone.... [tags: science]
527 words (1.5 pages)
- Cellular Phone Buying Guide Cellular phones are now owned by one out of three people living in the United States. It is believed that this number will approach, and probably reach, one out of two within the short future. With so many companies producing and marketing the use of cellular phones, rates for their use have dramatically reduced within the last four to five years. The size of the phones has decreased, while their number of features and ease of use has increased. Analog connections are now becoming obsolete, in favor of the clearer and battery-saving digital connection.... [tags: Papers]
1910 words (5.5 pages)
- Cellular Phones Cellular phones are a phenomenon that has engulfed people in the nineties. They have become a common occurrence whether you are waiting in line at the super market or in a movie theatre. One professor at Murray State University said, “Many students are carrying them, I had a student get a call in the middle of a test last semester.” Although many people have accepted the thought of carrying a telephone wherever they go, others have not taken the onslaught of cell phones quite so easily.... [tags: Mobile Cell Cellular Telephones Phones Essays]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
2. Does it provide useful information about the features and services available?
When people buy a cellular phone, they might have some specific features or services they want. So, websites which have more detailed and useful information about the features and services available for the phones are preferred. For example, when someone wants a cellular phone which has a long battery life, he or she may want to get into a website which explains the length of phone battery life.
3. Does it provide you with a wide range of services?
Always make sure the wireless provider gives you the facilities and services that you want with an affordable price. Some wireless providers do not have nationwide plan and they charges you with roaming fee outside their areas.
If instant messaging and internet connection are also important for you, make sure that the providers carry those plans. Otherwise you might be stuck in a one year deal with an expensive monthly fee.
4. Is it updated fast?
If you are a person that always follows the new trend make sure your provider offer you the newest technology. As technologies are developed very fast, newer version is made rapidly. In other words, fashions are changed fast. Most providers are updating their phones yearly since teenager and young people in their twenties, are major customers who like to follow the next trend.
Now, we can evaluate cellular phone websites and compare between the sites that we found. I would like to recommend you to go to Verizon’s website (www22.verizon.com) or Sprint’s website (www1.sprintpcs.com). Both websites have many photos of cellular phones with useful information for the customers. In field of photos, Sprint has better facilities than Verizon does. In Sprint website, it gives a careful consideration to customer to see the features of the cellular phones. They even have a facility that you can rotate their pictures by 360degree which Verizon doesn’t have. Sprint website is also more convenient in finding cellular phones according to the customer needs since they distinguish phones by types. For example, when people want to take a look video phones they can just click video phone letter in PCS phone section in the Sprint website instead of spending time to find video phone one by one in the Verizon web site. On the other hand, in Verizon website you can compares up to five cellular phones. It will be more convenient for customers who still cannot decide what they want to buy.
Both websites present some useful information for the customers. In Sprint website, you will find that information of each phone easily in three categories: specifications, features, and accessories. Verizon website also provides some useful information in fewer categories: only specifications and features. Overall, both websites need to consider the customer who does not know anything about cellular phones. The providers need to provide basic information for people who are not familiar with cellular phones. For better services, the wireless providers need to announce on the main page on what other facilities and services they have to offer, such as downloading games and ringing tones. In field of updating it is hard to tell which sites get updated frequently because they usually sell different cellular phones products. But with the current development and easy access to the internet we can assume that they update their websites frequently.
So far I have talked about cellular phone websites which are helpful. As I mentioned above, when we evaluate cellular phone websites we need to have appropriate criteria. We also have to compare the websites with other known providers’ websites. In part of convenience, Sprint has better website that provided us with the view of the phones in three dimensions and let us find phones easily according to categories. While Verizon let us compare various cellular phones at once. On more in depth information, Sprint has more information about related phones’ accessories. Additionally, both websites are updated frequently. In conclusion, both wireless providers can improve their websites and provide the customers with thorough information on cellular phones in order to compete and become well-intentioned rivals.