Essay PreviewMore ↓
Anyone who knows me well enough will know that it is hard to keep me quiet and today is no exception - I thought it only appropriate that the bride speaks, although I promise to keep it short!
The main reason I wanted to make a speech was to personally say thank you to some very special people who have contributed to today:
(To the groom) Firstly, and most importantly, you've made me so happy since we met two years ago and today is the happiest day of my life. Thank you for making my life complete. Knowing your track record at either missing weddings or forgetting (or losing) your suit, I should also thank you for turning up at the wedding (eventually!) where we me, and, more importantly, thank you for getting to the church on time today and in your suit.
I would also like to say a big thank you to my bridesmaids. Firstly, my sister, for looking after me today and also on my hen weekend! Thanks very much for arranging our weekend in London, I’m sure everyone will agree we had an excellent time and I have a little something for you as a small token of my appreciation. And of course my other gorgeous bridesmaids who've been little angels today. I have a little something here for you both too. Thank you very much.
I would like to thank my mom for all her help and support not just today but over the years and for giving me my “something old” which I'm wearing for luck today. I have a small gift from us for you.
I couldn't have been luckier to have such wonderful in-laws, thank you for making me feel so welcome in your family and for all your support with the wedding arrangements. A special thank you to my mother-in-law for sorting out the bridesmaids outfits and for making all of the invitations and order of service cards which were beautiful. And to my father-in-law, thank you for your lovely reading in church today.
How to Cite this Page
"A Thankful Wedding Speech by the Bride." 123HelpMe.com. 17 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Wedding Toasts – Topics to Avoid Don’t Mention Anything About “Milk” or “Cows” At the rehearsal dinner, one of the bridesmaids, who had been drinking, gave a toast. It started off just fine, but then she ended it with " thank God, sometimes guys do buy the cow even when they get the milk for free!" Don’t Blasphemy About a year ago, my fiancé and I attended the wedding of my cousin. She married her college sweetheart, and the bridal party was made up mostly of their college friends. During the toast, the best man decides to talk about when he first knew the groom was going to propose.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- Wedding Speech by the Sister of the Bride For those of you that do not already know me I'm the bride's "slightly" older sister. When she first asked me to give her away I felt two things, the first was one of extreme and enormous pride that she'd asked me, and the second Was "Oh my God" I have to do a speech. But please don't worry, this won't take too long. I would like to thank the priest for a lovely service, the priest's boss for keeping an eye out on the weather, and the beautiful bridesmaid.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Families and friends. This has been a terrific day for Bob and I and we are both thrilled you could all be here. I wanted to say a few words in response to my Dad and thank a few people for all their support. I have spent a lot of time thinking about how to make these thanks – its amazing how much advice and how many books there are out there for Groom and Best Man’s speeches but there is not a lot out there to help the bride. So having failed to find any sensible advice in print, I thought I would ask around to the family and friends for some advice on what to say this evening.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Well, I guess this is slightly unusual – a brides speech - but those of you who know me will also know that the chance of me being able to keep me mouth shut while everyone else does a speech was pretty slim. So I’m sorry for adding another speech to the list but, if it’s any consolation, I’ll try to keep it short. Also, there are a few things that I want to say that no-one else will so please bear with me. If this sounds like a bad Oscar acceptance speech, I do apologise.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
589 words (1.7 pages)
- Father of the Bride Wedding Speech Welcome, everyone. I believe, that as father of the bride, it is my dubious privilege to make the first speech, so, here's one I prepared earlier. I would like to start by saying what a pleasure it is to welcome, on this very happy occasion all relatives and friends of both families. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank especially my wife for not only being tolerant but more importantly an outstanding mother and the guiding influence in the upbringing of our daughter, culminating in today's celebrations.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
744 words (2.1 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Hello everyone. I guess this is slightly unusual - the Bride doing a speech - but as you all know, the chances of me being able to stay quiet whilst everyone else does a speech were pretty slim. A good speech, they say, should be like a mini-skirt - short enough to be interesting, yet long enough to cover the essentials. So here goes........ Thank you all for coming to share the day with us. Many of you have had to take time off work and/or travelled a fair distance to be with us today - we really do appreciate the sacrifices that have been made for us.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
717 words (2 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride We did it!. I can’t believe we’re here already!. At first it felt like it couldn’t take any longer and the last few weeks just flew. It’s overwhelming, I’m in awe. Wow, I’m Mrs. Hollingsworth. I can’t believe it. Yeah, I can here my co-workers snickering in the back there, I can only imagine the stories I’ll be returning to. First I’d like to clear up any confusion Jim, is Jamie to me. Now that’s out of the way, Jamie and I have traveled a long road together already and I’m looking forward to our continued journey as husband and wife.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
469 words (1.3 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride I wouldn't want anyone to think that I'm trying to have the last word here but I thought it only appropriate that the bride speaks and those of you who know me well enough will agree that it's usually hard to keep me quite. Well today is no exception, so here we go. I feel privileged to be sharing our day with most of the friends and family who have been important to us during our lives. Many of you have travelled from afar:- South Africa, Botswana and even the UK, and some of you have had 0to take time off work to be here.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Touching Wedding Speech by the Bride It is not traditional for the bride to speak but I thought it only right that I start married life as I mean to go on - by having the last word. I would like to take this chance to thank everyone for taking the time to share this magical day with us. Today wouldn’t have been as special as it is without you - our family and friends. I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and that the open bar kept you entertained while we were having our photos taken. Please remember to take lots of photos and sign the guest book – please include any advice you have on married life.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Wedding Speech by the Bride It is not traditional for the bride to speak but I thought it only right that I start married life by having the last word and I would like to take this opportunity to thank several people. Firstly, thank you for biting the bullet, proposing, and turning up today, on time and appropriately dressed. You are the love of my life, my best friend, and now my husband. I don't think anybody could be happier than I am today, and I can't wait for us to share the rest of our lives together.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
356 words (1 pages)
I would also like to thank all my friends who have contributed to today and helped with the arrangements. Thank you so much to all my wonderful friends for their friendship over the years. They have a1ways been there for me when I really need them.
Lastly, thank you to everyone for coming today to celebrate with us. I hope you all enjoy yourself.