Essay PreviewMore ↓
Fun, relaxation, money, can you get all that with only one tool? The answer is yes. What is the name of that magical instrument? Technology's greatest invention, Computers. They are sophisticated equipment that performs three main tasks: accept structured input, process it according to prescribed rules and produce a result as output. They come in a remarkable rage of sizes and shapes, and have different abilities and application. They can be a bunch of equipment with little or not use, or a powerful instrument if you know how to use it. They play a very important role in every American's life, specially mine. In today's society, computers are necessary; they are used in all kinds of jobs. They are used in Science fields like Math and Medicine, but they are also used in fields like mechanics. Imagine, even for someone that fix cars a computer is necessary. Computers have a very respected place in our world today; new generations are using them for everything: to learn, to communicate, to do research, etc., and old generations have become to accept them as well; even though they always reject any changes. Anyway there are people that while reading this essay thinks: "I do not see it; I really do not understand how can computers be so useful and how?" Oh! Well. In my special case, computers are more than a simple tool; my life changed since the first moment they came into it. They turn my mind around completely; it was like a perfect match. Since the first time I sat in one, I knew they will become an undeniable part of my life. It has been five years since then and I my opinion remains the same. I have in fact discovered many more uses for them. Three of those uses are: a method of relaxation, a tool to work and very practical and a useful instrument that makes my life easier.
First, computers are my best method of relaxation when my stress is maximum. They provide me with entertainment; for example, when I use a graphic program like Paintbrush to create a design, or when I use a word processor like Microsoft Word to create a sign I want to put in my room. I can get very creative and even design posters, conniving words and pictures, that later I can use to decorate my room.
How to Cite this Page
"Computers in my Life." 123HelpMe.com. 25 May 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Life in a modern technologhy requires skills in dealing with computers...CH 8 Network Management. 8.1 Network Documentation. *Cut sheet diagrams. The first and most critical component for a good network is documentation. Documentation is the most talked about and least performed task in a network. ï‚· diagrams that indicate the path of the physical wiring layout; ï‚· the type of cable; ï‚· the length of each cable; ï‚· the type of termination for the cable; ï‚· physical location of each wall plate or patch panel, and; ï‚· A labeling scheme for easy identification of each wire.... [tags: essays research papers]
2091 words (6 pages)
- Computers In Daily Life There is a need for more computers in everyday life, in homes, schools and on the job. The advancement of computer technology today in all facets of the world, and life are growing to the point that everyone will need a computer to carry out their everyday life. Computer technology today is at the threshold of making life easier for everyone in the world. Computers are helping students get better grades in school, from help with homework over the internet to doing research for an essay at the local library.... [tags: Technology Computers Lifestyle]
1458 words (4.2 pages)
- In the modern society, computers play an influential role in our lives in many ways. Actually, they have taken an essential part of our lives and have become an inseparable feature in our way of life. They have reached to a point where someone can freely say that living without a computer is similar to living in an environment without air to breath. They have become very common, appearing in every environment and fields such as medical, government, business, international offices, and in many family units.... [tags: Technology]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- This is the age of computer. Vast majority of people are using computers today. Development of science and technology has a direct effect on our daily life as individuals as well as on our social life. Computer technology has made communication possible from one part of the world to the other in no time. They can see the transactions in one part of the world while staying in the other part. Computer development is one of the greatest scientific achievements of the 20th century. Computers are getting better, smarter, and easier every year.... [tags: Time, Present, Computer, Computing]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- The Effects of Computers on Everyday Life Computers have changed the way that the world works in many different ways. Some of these changes are positive and some of these changes have had negative effects on our lives. From an industrial standpoint most of these changes have been helpful to businesses and the economy. In the medical field computers have had an impact in many different areas, ranging from the way appointments are made to the carrying out of everyday tasks. The biggest and easiest seen change that computers have had on today’s society can be seen in the workplace.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- The Role of Computers in Family Life In this paper I will be explaining how computers play both a positive and negative role in the family life. Along with how much computers have changed the “Family Life”. I will explain how computers open the doors to endless access to the world. All this freedom however comes with a price. One must realize that you will be losing security with every new site signed up for or every purchase made on-line. Not to mention all the other problems that come along with having a computer.... [tags: Technology Society]
1815 words (5.2 pages)
- Computers and Family Life Computers have had both positive and negative effects on family life. As more and more families are beginning to own there own computers, the effects of computers are becoming more recognized. Negative effects include the separation/isolation of family members, and parents bringing their work home instead of leaving it at work. Linking extended families together is one positive effect that computers have had on family life. Overall computers have had a negative effect on family life.... [tags: Technology Essays]
892 words (2.5 pages)
- Computers in my Life Fun, relaxation, money, can you get all that with only one tool. The answer is yes. What is the name of that magical instrument. Technology's greatest invention, Computers. They are sophisticated equipment that performs three main tasks: accept structured input, process it according to prescribed rules and produce a result as output. They come in a remarkable rage of sizes and shapes, and have different abilities and application. They can be a bunch of equipment with little or not use, or a powerful instrument if you know how to use it.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1437 words (4.1 pages)
- How Computers Make Life Easier How Computers Make Life Easier Sometime in the early 1900s a German engineer named Konrad Zuse invented the first computer called the Z3. It was a functional program- controlled computer. He was also a computer pioneer. During this time there was a series of events recorded that entailed the beginning stages of computer use. Over time the development became greater. The society in which we live today has evolved in many ways. One way society has advanced so rapidly over the years is through the use of an amazing electrical device known as the computer.... [tags: Technology Convenience]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Computers are ubiquitous. As our society grows towards being a culture connected through the Internet, and as prices of these machines gradually decrease, more and more have been purchased by families for their homes and as a result, children are beginning to learn to use the computer at an earlier age. Even if computers are not presently available at the home, a child will almost certainly be exposed to one at school or the library, among other places. Adults today are amazed at the amount of knowledge a child has at such an early age – children generally find that computers gives them a sense of power and accomplishment.... [tags: Computers]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
Second, computers are also a work tool for me; they allow me to develop my skills and earn money in different fields. For example, creating software was to find what is need in the market is the most important aspect. I have developed two major software, both created to satisfy the necessity in the market for a program to help students improve their skills in a specific language. The first time was "ORTOGRAF," I created this while I was in Cuba with the purpose to help students improve their Spanish, which were getting lost. The second time I created "ESOL," a program to help students with English as a second language improve their English skills. I donated this program to the ESOL department at Miami Senior High to help students who need it. Another possible job, is creating home pages, which is the new fashion right now. That is exactly the kind of job I am performing right now for the International Student Center and for The Hispanic Center here at FSU. Besides these two methods, there are also other ways that do not require programming skills. For example, creating a slide presentation to introduce a new project; using a program such as Power Point, we can create an interesting, attractive, and concise presentation. Even more simple than that, just typing or creating resumes, which are services that people require often, are ways to make money using a computer.
Third, computers are very useful tools. They can make my life a lot easier and economical. For example, I used them for communication purposes, through e-mail [Electronic mail. A system supporting creation of messages to be conveyed within a computer system across networks for delivery to individuals or groups, The Internet for Everyone by Wiggins.] By using e-mail to communicate with my family I save a lot of money because I don't need to make long distance calls, and what it makes it even better is that I don't have to pay any extra charges for using this service. This communication technique, also amplified my communication abilities because I can get connected to companies in other states and even in other countries really easily. Another really important point is that computers amplify my possibilities for research. They allow me to find a great deal of information in any field I want, Math, Medicine, Men or Women to with great accuracy or even simpler than that, when I want to buy something, I use the computer to do a little research about the product I am interested in and I can get all the companies who produce it and the price in each case, so I end up paying the minimum amount for the product I want. As a last aspect, they save a lot of time. While I am shopping because you already know who is selling what and at what price and also in research because of the ability of the computer to process a great volume of information in a small amount of time, an also in communication, they go a lot faster through computers.
Aren't they great? They help me a lot with me live. Computers help me to relax, work and they help make my life easier. That is why I believe that they are technology's greatest invention. I know I put a lot of excitement in my words, but that's is because in addition to all the practical uses computers have, I love to work with them. When I am creating a software or working in a new project, I can spend hours and hours in front one of them and not fell anything but excitement. They are part of my secret world; it is like when I was a child and use to dream I was a princess, my backyard was my castle and I had beautiful long dresses and a lot of dances to go -I even had a prince no one but I could see this, but it was there, it was my secret world. Now computers substitute that world; I love so much to work with them, they make me feel alive, they are part of my spirit, and of my soul. Five years have been since I decided Computer Science was going to be my major, it has long before high school, and I haven't and I won' ever change my mind. I have a great passion for computers, but I always keep in mind that we have a brain which will always be 10,000 times more powerful that any instrument created by the humans, no matter how sophisticated it may look.