Essay PreviewMore ↓
Technology in education is a touchy subject in the United States. Many parents believe that technology will only hurt their child in future, while some believe that technology will help their child. Parents have to be open and must allow themselves, to see what is happening before they make their decision.
As a college student who would like to become a teacher, I believe that technology will help a child. All children learn differently, and technology is to help the children who have no other place to go. Some children are just unable to learn from a teacher, that is when technology plays a big role. Some children have to show themselves how to do things and technology will allow that.
Technology has many different effects on education, one of them being enhancing the students learning. Technology may enhance the students learning and may assist most students in achieving their academic standards. When technology and appropriate teaching methods are combined, technology may increase the academic achievement. Positive effects have been found in all major subject areas, from preschool to higher education, both regular and special needs students. Educational technology has been found to have a positive effect on a student’s attitude toward learning and on self-concepts. The introduction of technology into the learning environment has allowed the learning to be more student-centered, to encourage group learning, and helps to stimulate an increase in the student-teacher interaction. Technology has shown a shift from a focus on a student’s memorization to their problem solving. Through technology’s use, learning opportunities have become unrestricted by time or place, allowing lifelong learning. Student use of technology through communications can also help to enhance access to a career and continued education. Students are more likely to use a computer to get help because they can to it themselves. Technology is helping students to become independent.
Due to the technology increase many schools are reporting higher test scores. One example is Northbrook Middle School in Houston Texas. The school is largely made up of minorities with low socioeconomic statuses. The students at this school recorded test scores that were sharply improved due to the involvement of technology.
Technology in education helps with communication issues also.
How to Cite this Page
"Effect of Technology in Education." 123HelpMe.com. 14 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technology in education is a touchy subject in the United States. Many parents believe that technology will only hurt their child in future, while some believe that technology will help their child. Parents have to be open and must allow themselves, to see what is happening before they make their decision. As a college student who would like to become a teacher, I believe that technology will help a child. All children learn differently, and technology is to help the children who have no other place to go.... [tags: Teaching Education Essays Papers]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Technology and Language in Education: The Effect of New Technology on Teaching Languages Annie Moore, a 15-year-old girl from Ireland arrived at Ellis Island in New York City on January 1, 1892. She was the first immigrant to come to that United States immigration station, but she was certainly not the last. According to the U.S. Census Bureau (2000), 28.4 million of the 285.2 million US residents in 2000 were foreign-born. With such a large amount of our population being foreign-born, the need for effective language education is immense.... [tags: essays papers]
1541 words (4.4 pages)
- Contrary to popular belief, technology has and is helping with the improvement of education. Technology has had a huge impact on education systems, giving major educational benefits to elementary schools, high schools, and universities. As with all activities and technologies, there are positives and negatives. With the help of email, text messaging, electronic grading systems, electronic books, cell phones and many online resources at their fingertips, teachers and students are able to complete work and tasks easier and faster.... [tags: Educational Systems, Technology, Benefits]
1315 words (3.8 pages)
- ... Before the creation of these devices, families would sit together around the table and play games together. But, since the creation of video games, home entertainment has changed to games played by yourself, and the impact of these games on families is very obvious. Today, instead of watching TV together or eating supper together around a table and talking about everyone’s day, everyone is in a different room, playing video games, watching TV, texting, or listening to music. But, sometimes technology helps parents to communicate better with their children and know where they are, what they’re doing, and if they’re okay.... [tags: family, education, health]
697 words (2 pages)
- With the change within the education system, many schools are looking for new ways to teach students the same curriculum that was taught when the instructors were in school yet with a new twist. The ways of using textbooks and slide-shows are a thing of the past. “By bringing technology into the classroom, teachers can hone in on methodology that students are familiar with, leading to more effective teaching strategies and better results.” (Chen, 2013) The new twist would not only enable students to access fellow students for study groups.... [tags: student, technology, study]
1818 words (5.2 pages)
- Almost every child between the ages of eight and twelve are getting cell phones. The average home in America has as many televisions as they do people. Only 20% of American homes do not have a computer. Technology is quickly becoming a new way of life. The amount of time people are on their devices is growing rapidly. According to The Huffington Post, people are on their devices for on average about eleven hours and fifty-two minutes a day. That is almost half a day and a lot longer than most people sleep or work.... [tags: health, education, psychology]
1973 words (5.6 pages)
- If technology travels at the speed of sound, then the impact of technology can be said to travel at the speed of light. In the first twenty years of man and machine collaboration, technology isolated people to a certain degree, leading to an inward search of meaning between the two. In effect, there was less, not more, collaboration. The present, however, is far different as educators, students and institutions work to overcome the tech shock and begin to look outward at the possibility of utilizing technology for widespread collaborative purposes.... [tags: Education Technology ]
1841 words (5.3 pages)
- To begin with, the generation today and the generation yesterday are two completely different worlds. In the past, if you didn’t understand the material presented in math class nor had generous friends who would tutor you, chances are you didn’t do very well on the test. Today however, we have so many resources available to students to help them understand the concepts covered in class. Not to mention most of these resources can be found on the internet which can be accessed twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.... [tags: faster learning, math, education]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Psychological Effect Of Technology (Technophobia) Technology is taking over all aspects of life. Education, work and leisure are all becoming increasingly dependent on being able to interact with technology. But what of the academic or career prospects of those who do not want to interact with this technology. Before taking this class, I tried to avoid computers as much as possible. I didnt have any interest in cyberspace such as chatting, email, and gender swapping. Through this class, I had a chance to contact others through cyberspace.... [tags: Internet Technology Cyberspace]
2317 words (6.6 pages)
- Technology and Education The use of technology in schools has a great effect on not only students, but teachers as well. Today, we mostly think of technology as computers, but it is much more than that. In fact, one of the first technologies used in the classroom was the chalkboard. Most students today use technology throughout their school day. Uses for technology can be found for every subject matter a student has. Some of the most widely used tools are found in the English and Language Arts classes.... [tags: Teaching Education Essays]
759 words (2.2 pages)
Teachers in elementary and secondary teaching are being pressured to make technology part of their classrooms. The reason for this is to prepare them for college. The students are required in college to have an email address so they are able to send information to their professors. Email allows the professor to use the reply function to email any comments or corrections. The professor may also send all his students assignments through email allowing less copies of paper to be used. By using email, it allows the professor to see how each student replies to his statements. The advantage of this is, in a regular classroom there may be some students we are shy and don’t wish to respond. Having assignments through email allows the shy students to reply with no worry of how other students will reply. It allows students to open up more. The Internet is used now more than ever before and the following chart below shows just that.
Technology also helps to enable students to get assignments online. The advantage of this is that if a student is sick or may even be on a vacation, they are still able to go online and look at what they are missing. By having all assignments posted online, students can go back and see what they had done previously.
Technology also helps people who wish to attend college. There are some people out there who can’t afford to go to a big college and who can’t afford to commute. These people have an opportunity to take courses over the Internet. The Internet allows them to learn about a subject and take tests over the subject’s material. The tests are automatically recorded and cannot be changed. There are no schedules to work around; tests can be completed at any time of day. This works out great for working people because they are able to work, come home and relax. They are able to complete a course from the luxury of their own home. No traveling or moving is involved.
Though there is not always good information found on the Internet, a student is still able to find some reliable sources. There are many of today’s biggest magazines and newspapers posted on the Internet. This allows student to go online and search for items in old magazines or newspapers. Students don’t have to worry about whether or not a library carries the magazine or newspaper they need, they can just go online and look it up in the archives. Most libraries are now found online, so the student may see if the library carries a certain book instead of trying to find a way to get down there to look.
At the elementary or secondary level, technology may allow a student to see places they have never seen. It also allows them to learn more about that place. Children are able to see what else is out there, just by looking it up online. They can find out things that they never thought possible.
Technology is good thing in children’s education today. Technology has a great impact on a student’s education allowing them to do better things and make it easier on them. Technology should be welcomed not pushed away.