Essay PreviewMore ↓
So, what is a teenager to do? Despite the “elderly-friendly” appeal, Naples has proved to be somewhat teen-friendly. Usually, we have to rely on our own imagination for entertainment. And depending on which teen you are talking to, the entertainment level can go from fun, to just plain crazy. The only problem that seems to arise around here is that of location. Where exactly do you go to have fun?
I personally have relied on the Naples Pier for a place of amusement. The Pier is a simple structure; basically is a twelve foot high boardwalk jutting out about seventy yards into the Gulf of Mexico. The Pier is the place for lovers to stroll and for fisherman to share their tales. For my friends and me, it has everything from a simple meeting place to a center for deep conversation. Sometimes we went there for the simple reason to watch the sun set, or we would just lie on the benches, staring up at the stars just talking. We have talked about everything, from theology to what animals we would like to be reincarnated as. The Pier has also been home to some crazier doings, from the spotting and naming of dolphins, to making fun of tourists in a loud fashion to actually jumping off the edge and into the water below, which in now prohibited.
How to Cite this Page
"Descriptive Essay - The Pier." 123HelpMe.com. 17 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The beaches in Ibiza are great. I have to admit it. But none of them match the tranquillity and comfort of beach Cala Bassa. Beach Cala Bassa is in Ibiza about one mile south of the main area. It is known as the surfers paradise and the best beach in Ibiza. I relax as I watch the surfers gently glide over the tumbling ocean waves. Seeing the tall palm trees sway in the wind is calming to me as they are making gentle, peaceful sounds. The branches show no sign of a snap, crack or sputter as the location is too peaceful to encounter such occurrences.... [tags: Descriptive Essay]
288 words (0.8 pages)
- People, places, and things are always in a constant change for better or for worse. One such place is a park called State Park Lake. It is a place that is not only holds childhood memories, but is also a place I make frequent visits to. During the summer, I spend most of my weeks at this small, cramped boat house helping customers on-and-off of boats. As a child, I vividly remember these weekend trips to the lake as exciting, because it smelled of roses and the water was clear enough to see your feet, where they touched the shallow bottom.... [tags: Descriptive Essay Example]
694 words (2 pages)
- What is the history of this company. A brief history of Pier 1 is that the company established its corporate headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas in 1966, with 16 store locations. In 1970; Pier 1 went public and became listed on the American Stock Exchange, then in 1972 joined the New York stock exchange, having 123 stores that had 100% of sales at that time. In the new millennium Pier1 launched their online market. 2001 Pier 1 acquired Cargo Furniture and Home which was established in 1981, as a family-focused selection of casual furniture.... [tags: Business Finance]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
- Descriptive Essay - The Swimming Pool The tiles were still dirty from the residue of chlorine and pittle combined into one thick layer of impossible gunk. This gunk surrounded the edge of pool right where the water met the lowest part of the tile and was even apparent underneath the shallow water fountain around the back end. The ring had been worn away in spots where the missus had got so fed up that she was gonna put an end to this "ring of filth" once and for all. A few times she had started, but had always found a broken nail or straying hair to become spontaneously obsessive about when her arm got tired of scrubbing.... [tags: Description, Observation]
543 words (1.6 pages)
- Also know as the Man of the Eight Beattitudes, Pier Giorgio Frassati was born in Turin, Italy on Holy Saturday, April 6, 1901. He was born to a wealthy and politically active family. His mother was the painter Adelaide Ametis. His father was an agnostic, and was also the founder of the liberal newspaper called La Stampa. His father was also Italy’s ambassador to Germany and served a term as a senator. Although Frassati was born into a wealthy family, his father did not waste his money on frivolous things.... [tags: essays research papers]
427 words (1.2 pages)
- The Baseball Diamond Many people don't understand the point in playing baseball. Why would someone swing a stick, hit a ball, and try to get back to where they started before the ball returns. What pleasure is there in that. Why not participate in a sport like wrestling or track where there is an obvious level of individual improvement and therefore pleasure. Well, I play baseball because of the love I have for the sport, and because of the feeling that overwhelms me every time I walk onto a baseball field.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
1487 words (4.2 pages)
- The Horse Farm I am jarred out of a relaxing sleep by a voice yelling my name in a loud whisper, and a light burning through my eyelids. Groggily, I open my eyes to see my father standing in the doorway to my messy room. He tells me that I need to get going, that it is 3:00 a.m., and I'm burning daylight. I find my clothes and get dressed. The whole time I wonder why I get up this early to visit the rugged outdoors. I want to go back to bed, but I know my dad will be back in to make sure I am getting ready, in a little bit.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- The perfect place in the city is one that is incredibly versatile – it may be bustling with activity one minute and nearly deserted the next. The city dock has been a mainstay of the city for as long as anyone can remember, and it has a different effect on everyone. Everyone can appreciate the dock for his or her own reasons. One of the best aspects of the city dock is the amount of activity that can almost always be found if you know where to look. Every year the Great Dock Canoe Race – an event in which teams of two people race a canoe across the bay - is held at the dock, and you’re guaranteed to find many teams racing their canoes in the bay.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
417 words (1.2 pages)
- It may seem a little bit strange, but my favorite place in town in none other than this beautiful Evangelic Church. However, it wasn’t always so. When I was a child I used to be frightened of entering such a place for it seemed so imposing and somewhat dangerous, especially when music was being played. One day, in order to keep a promise I had made, I saw myself forced to enter. It took me quite a while to get the courage to pass through the old oak door, but the moment I stepped in, I realized just how enchanting and breathtaking this building could be.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
425 words (1.2 pages)
- The Dump My mom and I were cleaning up our attic this weekend, and in the process I found all sorts of old junk that I had forgotten about. Of course, I wanted to keep everything I saw; otherwise, I would not have stashed it there in the first place. But after standing over me and prying my hands off of every item that I encountered, my mom finally convinced me to haul all of my broken treasures to the Dump. I wince at the thought of having to brave the ever-present gloom that reigns there.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
683 words (2 pages)
For me, the Pier has proven to be a simple meeting spot, a subject of photography, a place of a first love, to just a place to go when there was nothing else to do. It has everything, despite its simple look. I suppose it does embody the spirit of Naples, after all, it is on countless post cards. And while the day at the Pier might belong to the tourists, the night belongs to us.