Essay PreviewMore ↓
What will I do for the rest of my life? Every person asks this question at some stage of their life, usually during their later teenage years. As a high school junior, I am now asking myself this question. After considerable thought, I have devised a tentative plan for my future. I realize that some of these plans and goals may change over time, but with a plan, the first steps of the journey can begin. To prepare me for the journey, I have taken very challenging high school curriculum, such as Honors and Advanced Placement courses. These classes will not only assist in my admission to college, but have also helped me to develop strong study skills and time management.
While attending college, it is my ultimate goal to become a doctor, either a podiatrist, radiologist, or plastic surgeon. I intend to earn my undergraduate degree at the University of Florida, majoring in chemistry. Then, I plan to attend medical school at the University of Florida, as well. After completing a residency in my specialty, I would like to begin a medical practice somewhere in central Florida.
Very important to my life after completing my education is having a family. It is my dream to become happily married and have children. Family has always been a great part of my life, and I wish to be a loving husband and parent. I am also looking forward to raising my children in the Catholic faith.
As an adult, I have numerous personal goals. Most importantly, I would like to own a home. Also, I would like to pursue my interests of water-sports by owning a boat and my long love of cars by owning a sports car. Other personal interests that will affect my years after college are my love for the outdoors and the thrill of traveling to many new places throughout the world.
As an educated professional in my community, I would like to make a contribution to society and my community. My background in hours of community service has prepared me for this and shown me its value.
How to Cite this Page
"Plans for College and the Future." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My future plans include graduating high school, going to college and getting a master’s degree in Nursing. The career I chose is Nurse Practitioner also known as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN). To my knowledge Nurse Practitioner includes checking up on patients, prescribing medication, order treatments, and informing patients. The workplace would be fast paced and fast decisions have to made. You are entrusted daily with the lives of patients and can range from situations such as flu to more complicated like providing care to patients in the extensive care unit.... [tags: Nursing, Nursing specialties, Registered nurse]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Rob Geis, a current college student, explains, “A student is not at fault for unwanted weight gain. It is the college meal plans that cause the gain in weight. Many colleges require incoming freshmen to be on a meal plan” (Geis). Parents like the meal plans because they know their child is getting meals every day, but the plan does have its downsides. Geis believes that many students do not eat three meals every day. “If we don’t eat every meal we are given, we are wasting our money which was used to buy the meal plan.... [tags: college meal plans]
1202 words (3.4 pages)
- Science is an avenue to understanding and manipulating the natural world to improve outcomes. Biomedical science attracts me because I aspire to avert my empirical curiosity to improve people’s health. Evidence-based research is the route to creating or improving strategies to health care treatments, disease prevention, and quality of life advancements. My own personal medical disability inspires me that scientific research, development, and breakthroughs help treat human maladies. Equipped with a strong basic science background, I strive to contribute to providing new and improved viral or gene-based therapies for diseases.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Scientific method, Science]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- My future plans are to become a biomedical scientist. Biomedical scientists serve in all levels of health science research from basic science working with cell cultures to human clinical trials experimenting the most cutting-edge breakthroughs to maximize human quality of life. I am interesting in researching rare diseases. There are many rare diseases that affect small proportions of the population and unfortunately go unnoticed for reason. Unfortunately, usually it is because therapeutic agents for these diseases would have a much smaller market than therapeutics for common diseases.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Epidemiology, Public health]
2098 words (6 pages)
- In the fourth year review, according to the Copley Library Appointment, Rank, and Tenure Policy, “the candidate’s professional goals should include such evidence as a record of publication, progress in research projects, involvement in conference programs, and committee responsibilities.” This self-evaluation provides a highlight of my accomplishments according to the four criterion and a reflection upon my strengths, my challenges, and my future plans. My aspiration is that this dossier will bring to light my reflection on prior recommendations and demonstrate my progress.... [tags: Library, Librarian, Library reference desk]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
- For the parents Future College Scholars Movement will provided individuals with a one day workshop that will focus on educating parents about what they need to know for their child to gain admissions to college. The work shop will also have information regarding how to pay for college and what parents can do to prepare students for their senior year. The workshop will be provided in host cities and will correspond with Future College Scholar Movement parent workshop. For educators Future College Scholars Movement will provided one day workshops, and small group consulting to teachers, counselors and principals.... [tags: High school, Education, College, Learning]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- Disadvantages While there are benefits of attending college, there are also significant challenges that affect students. Specifically, high school students can be intimidated with the overall process of going to college. For example, finalizing paperwork, completing financial aid, adjusting to their new environment, and meeting new people can be cumbersome. In addition to these adjustments, students have to deal with the increased costs, which make college more expensive and less affordable. The increase in college expenses is a result of the decline in state appropriations, which affects tuition and other expenses associated with attending college.... [tags: Debt, University, Higher education, College]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- As my sophomore year approaches its end, I have begun to genuinely develop my plans for the future. I currently am an economics major in the College of Arts and Sciences with a minor in marketing; therefore, I hope to enter the field of sports marketing after graduation. Establishing a foundation in sport and marketing through my education is the first step in my path towards finding gainful employment with a career that I am passionate about. After researching my desired career field, I have developed a strategy and gained knowledge on the necessary steps to get a job at Octagon, one of the premier sports and entertainment marketing organizations.... [tags: Employment, Marketing, Marketing management]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- College Essay Education has always been important to me, especially since only a few of my family members have graduated from college. I have faced several obstacles growing up and many people, even some of my family members, believed I could not surpass them, but I did. These hardships have only given me the drive to reach my goal: acquiring a college degree. My father’s struggle has been my biggest inspiration. My father had a very difficult childhood and only received a portion of his high school education.... [tags: father, advice, life, plans]
524 words (1.5 pages)
- A College Education: Did you know that now is the perfect time to seek a college degree and reep the rewards of such an accomplishment. Studies show that in 2008 alone, more adults are finding themselves enrolled in college classes. In a fearless effort to fit in with society many adults have targeted college degrees to gain the success they seek after. This success is both abroad and personal to college graduates. A College Education provides Rewards for ones’ Future; people who earn degrees market themselves for Earning a College Degree, Long-Term and Short-Term Career Goals, Lifestyle Choices and Financial Growth.... [tags: College Education Benefits]
1671 words (4.8 pages)
- Repetition and Metaphor in the Short Story, Eleven by Sandra Cisneros
- Comparing the Themes of Vincenzio Bellini’s Norma and Euripedes' Medea
- Mastering the Art of Losing in Elizabeth Bishop’s Poem, One Art
- Independence and the Development of the American Identity and Mathematics in the Ninteenth Century
- Gilbert Ryle’s The Concept of Mind
- The Foreign Miners in the American Gold Rush
My plans and hopes for the future have been made. Even if some of them change over time, I am confident that I will have a happy and successful life. Though my goals for life after college are high, I believe I will reach them.