Essay PreviewMore ↓
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - I would like to start by thanking Steve for saying such nice things about me during his speech, though I must admit, I did deserve them. I mean, where would a bridegroom be without his best man? The friend at hand when he couldn’t find the rings. The reassuring voice in his ear when it looked like it might rain. And the chaperone who persuaded him to leave the strip club last night. Actually, I believe it was this morning!
I think we all agree that Linda looks fantastic today, a number one hit if ever there was one. And Steve’s looking a bit like a chart-topper himself in that suit – although I’m not sure from which year. As for the bridesmaids, they look wonderful, and have performed their duties splendidly. It can't have been easy dragging Linda to the church – it certainly wasn't easy dragging Steve.
We have now reached that pivotal moment in the speech where I am meant – in good taste – to put the groom down. However, when the subject of my speech cropped up during the meal, and my obligation to discuss Steve, Linda made me promise that I restrict myself to speaking only of the good things about her husband. Because a one-minute speech would seem ridiculous, I’ve decided to change course completely. And tell you about how we came to be sitting here today.
Steve and Linda met five years ago in a very, very romantic location - the Hippodrome nightclub in Exeter. This place was renowned for being the hangout of drunken wide boys and white stiletto girls, so it was pure coincidence that they met on that fateful night.
Steve had nearly given up hope of ever pulling a girl when he caught a glimpse of Linda across a crowded dance floor. I can see now, lying there. She smiled and shouted hello but the music swallowed her voice before it could reach him. He untucked his jeans from his florescent socks and casually strolled over to her as she slid through the crowd to meet him. With their arms wrapped tightly around each other, the two danced into the night, igniting a passion that threatened to engulf them both.
When the music stopped, the legendary silver tongue – legendary in the sense that it only exists in Steve’s imagination – took over: ‘Are you lost, love?
How to Cite this Page
"Humorous Wedding Speech – Best Man." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Wedding Speech – Best Man Before I begin with Leon’s character assassination, I should probably introduce myself, as a lot of you don’t know me…my name is Andy. My full name is actually Andy WhatcanIgetyou. For those of you who I meet in the bar later, I’d appreciate it if you could Use my full name. I’d also like to remind you, that the more you laugh at my gags the faster my speech will be delivered…so it’s in your own best interest… I think being a best man can be a very nerve racking experience…(pause)… if there’s one person here this afternoon feeling nervous, apprehensive and queasy about what lies ahead….then it’s probably because you’ve just married Leon.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by the Best Man When Daniel came to me and asked me to be his best man, it was a great honour but, when I looked at all the duties required of me, I felt he’d be better off choosing someone else. Then he offered me a fifty, but I told him that it wasn’t a decision that money could change. So then he offered me a hundred. Anyway, good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - My name is Rob and it’s my pleasure to be Daniel's best man today. So let me tell you about all those best man duties that originally concerned me, because I was immediately stumped by the first one: ‘ensure that the groom’s face and hair are in order.’ Well Daniel, I have to say that if nature didn't get... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
695 words (2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Best Man Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - I would like to start by thanking Steve for saying such nice things about me during his speech, though I must admit, I did deserve them. I mean, where would a bridegroom be without his best man. The friend at hand when he couldn’t find the rings. The reassuring voice in his ear when it looked like it might rain. And the chaperone who persuaded him to leave the strip club last night. Actually, I believe it was this morning. I think we all agree that Linda looks fantastic today, a number one hit if ever there was one.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Wedding Speeches – Best Man Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, for those who don’t know me my name is Alan and unfortunately for you, today, I am Rob’s Best Man. To begin with I would like to thank the Bridesmaids Jess and Emma, I am sure you will all agree they both look lovely and have done a grand job today, well done ladies. And I’d like to thank the Ushers, Rowan and Lloyd for their splendid work, nice one lads. Last but not least I’d like to thank you all on behalf of the Bride and Groom for being here and sharing this special day.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- Best Man Wedding Speech Good Evening everybody...I hope you are all enjoying everything so far...My name is Frank Levy, and I am Rick's Best Man for the evening. I happened to find out that there was a pool going on as to how long my Best Man's speech was going to be, and I was the only one who bought in at 60 minutes, so you might as well all just relax, sit back and enjoy the ride. When Rick first asked me to be a "Best Man", I wasn't really sure what my responsibilities were suppossed to be.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
515 words (1.5 pages)
- Best Man Wedding Speech Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen – I'd like to start by saying that what a genuine honor it is to be part of Rick's wedding. Rick certainly is handsome tonight, with his fine rented tux and shoes. On a gala evening such as this, you may find it hard to believe that Rick has not always been so handsome. The truth is, Rick was so ugly at birth, the doctor slapped his mother. The nurses were no more sympathetic, they diapered poor little Rick’s face. The fact is, his parents were so embarrassed of Rick that they borrowed another baby for the baptism ceremony.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
526 words (1.5 pages)
- Best Man Wedding Speech This is the first time Kevin's ever brought me dinner and I?m too nervous to eat it. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Kevin's younger brother and my full name is Bobby What are you drinking, so if you see me at the bar later don't hesitate to call me by my full name. Unfortunately every silver lining does have A cloud, and that is that you've all got to listen to me for the next 5 minutes. I'd just like to thank Kevin on behalf of the bridesmaids for his kind words I think you will all agree that they have done a fantastic job today and look absolutely beautiful.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- Best Man Wedding Speech Well to be honest Steven I thought you would have spoken for longer today….. as that was probably your last opportunity to speak for any length of time without interruption. Not that I’m saying Ellen talks a lot. Afternoon everybody…..or is it evening….. seems so long ago that we started these proceedings…. For those of you that do not know me my name is Mark Although I’m sure you’ll have a few other names for me after I’ve finished this…. Although BIG NOSE is a little obvious.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
2579 words (7.4 pages)
- Wedding Reception Speech – Best Man Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, I’m sure you’ll all agree it’s been a fantastic day so far, but unfortunately for every silver lining there’s a cloud, and I’m yours. For those of you that haven’t bought me a drink yet, I’m Simon and I’ve been sentenced to being Randy’s best man today. It’s said that, being asked to be best man is one of the greatest honours you can be given, on the other hand it’s also one of the most terrible things you can do to a friend, so thank you Randy.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1909 words (5.5 pages)
- Best Man Wedding Speech Ladies and Gentlemen, It's time for me to make a speech now and quite frankly, there's not a lot you can do about that. Well, if there's anybody here this evening who feels strangely nervous and apprehensive, it's probably because you just went and married Bill Meyers. Sorry Lacy - It's too late now. You're stuck with him. When it comes to Best Man's speeches there are some things in the interests of good taste, which are better left unsaid.....well, I'm here to say them.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
576 words (1.6 pages)
Unbelievably, Linda agreed to go out with him. I don’t know where Steve took her on their first date. He hinted it was an expensive restaurant but he wants to keep it a secret so the place remains special only to them. All I know is that he wooed Linda that night with the immortal line, ‘If you were on the menu here, you’d be a McGorgeous!’
Their romance seemed to blossom at an alarming rate and it was clear to everyone that they were extremely well suited. Linda brought to the relationship beauty, integrity, honesty, reliability and intelligence - while Steve brought, er … [pretend to check notes], ah, Steve brought his used beer matt collection and a wrinkly old copy of Readers Wives.
True love finally caught up with Steve – when Linda bought him a Sony Playstation for Christmas – and he decided it was time to pop the question. Following the tradition, before they announced their engagement, Steve went to ask Linda's father for her hand in marriage. He said that it was fine by him, providing Steve took the hand that for the last 20 years had spent most of it's time in his wallet!
Steve and Linda share the same core values, and I am sure that as husband and wife their relationship will continue to flourish. When apart, their loving co-dependence means that they pine for each other and long to be reunited, particularly when Steve needs a shirt ironed or Linda wants to set the video.
Finally, I’d like to give the newlyweds the traditional best man’s wish for good luck, good health and happiness! I’m sure you’ll all agree that Linda and Steve are a marvellous couple and they thoroughly deserve all the happiness they’re going to share together.
Ladies and gentlemen, the toast is to the bride and groom!