Essay PreviewMore ↓
Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen - My name is Charles. I've tried to memorise this speech, but forgive me if I resort to my notes every five seconds. I did ask for an autocue to be set up in front of me, but apparently the wedding budget doesn't stretch that far. And, unfortunately, neither does my eyesight.
I've known Steven for 22 years now and we've had more good times than I can remember - and we'd have had a one more if I hadn't run out of money in that strip cub on the other night. During this period, I’ve seen Steven go through many evolutionary changes to end up the man he is today. And in order to understand exactly what went wrong, we must start by examining his early goals in life.
At school, Steven had two goals:
1) To play for the school baseball (cricket) team – which he did. In fact, his prowess was legendary and he single-handedly rewrote the school record books - shortest time at bat (in bat), most catches dropped and most unforced errors in a single game (wides bowled in an over). The list is endless.
2) To star in a school play – and his first opportunity came with the school’s major production of “Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs”, in which Steven was cast as one of the dwarfs. And very soon, he had made the part his own. From the outset, he personified his role day and night, living and breathing the essence of his character. And many say they’ve never since seen a more virtuoso performance of Dopey.
After leaving school, Steven’s goal was to travel the world. But he only got as far as New Zealand, where we all new it would suit him down to the ground. What with the sun, sea, surf and, of course, the biggest draw of them all – the sheep.
On his return, his goal was to land a job in a bank because they had the two things he liked best: money and holidays. But if it hadn’t been for me it might never have happened. When applying for the job he asked me to give his application form a quick once over before he sent it off. It was a good thing he did. Where he was asked, ‘Length of residence at present address,’ he had replied, ‘About 20 meters – not counting the garage.
How to Cite this Page
"Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom (Bridegroom)." 123HelpMe.com. 15 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Humorous Speech by an Old Friend of the Groom (Bridegroom) Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen. On behalf of the bridesmaids, I would like to thank Michael for his kind words, and I have to say they were absolutely wonderful and have done an excellent job today - I mean the bridesmaids, not the words. Now, it's customary in these speeches to tell a story about the bachelor’s (stag) party, but in this case it won't be possible. That's because Michael has insisted on having his stag party after the wedding.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech - Some Advice for the Bridegroom (Groom) Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - If you didn't know already, my name is Alberto and I'm in the wedding party. That is the reason I?m dressed like this. What have I done to be blessed with such an honour. Who?s dropped out at the last minute. Had William?s other friends left the country. Could I turn the job down and still get an invite to eat and drink at William?s expense. I didn?t want to risk it, so lets get on with it. Sherry, you make a fine bride and looked absolutely stunning in the church this morning.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
688 words (2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - I must admit to being rather nervous about today's speech. As it’s a family occasion, the last thing I want to do is cause offence by talking in too much detail about Brian’s colorful past. I’ve therefore decided to edit out anything that might cause offence. So thank you very much and have a wonderful evening. Sit down. Laughter. Stand up and continue. I read somewhere that you can flesh out your speech by researching which famous people were born the same day as the groom (bridegroom), and make some sort of link.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
442 words (1.3 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Best Man Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - I would like to start by thanking Steve for saying such nice things about me during his speech, though I must admit, I did deserve them. I mean, where would a bridegroom be without his best man. The friend at hand when he couldn’t find the rings. The reassuring voice in his ear when it looked like it might rain. And the chaperone who persuaded him to leave the strip club last night. Actually, I believe it was this morning. I think we all agree that Linda looks fantastic today, a number one hit if ever there was one.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen. I would first like to thank you all for coming today and helping to make Marcus and Adrian's wedding such a memorable and special occasion. Personally, I wish you'd all stayed at home and made my job less nerve wracking. When I was asked to be in the wedding party I decided that I needed to know what the role entailed. I have now read several books, and all of them include a last minute checklist to guarantee a smooth wedding.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by Friend of Groom Ladies and gentlemen, thanks Gary for those kind words. It has been a pleasure for all us attendants to play a small part in your big day. Before I say a word or two about the groom, what about that dress Jeanie is wearing. It has attracted so much favorable comment from the guests here that I have to give it a special mention. You look stunning Jeanie. When Gary asked me to be his best man I immediately thought of the speech. I saw it as an opportunity to talk about a great hero of mine… a wonderful, handsome, kind-hearted man who is admired by many.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. My name is Robert. As they were speaking just now, it struck me how much David and his new father-in-law now have in common. After all, it's the first time in 25 years that Arthur has been able to speak for 10 minutes without interruption from the women in his family. And it'll be the last time in 25 years that David gets to do the same. So I sincerely hope he treasures this moment. But it is great to finally see David with a ring on his finger as he learned a long time ago that you cannot make someone love you.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
709 words (2 pages)
- Wedding Speech by a Childhood Friend of the Groom Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. On behalf of the bridesmaids, I would like to thank Scott for his kind words. For once in my life, I find myself agreeing with him - they look stunning and did an excellent job today. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Jason. I’ve been Scott’s best friend for nearly 20 years. I’ve known him for a similar period. And all the time we’ve spent growing up together means that he’s had as much of a part in developing my sense of humor as anyone.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Two Best Men Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. For those of you that are wondering why there are two best men standing up here, it’s perfectly simple. Arthur wanted to appoint a best man for the occasion, but sadly couldn’t find one, so he got two barely competent ones instead. So before I start, let me clarify the ‘role’ situation. Dennis, Arthur’s university friend and very trustworthy, was responsible for carrying the rings in church. I am Steve, Arthur’s childhood friend and very good with lager (beer).... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
784 words (2.2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Two Best Men Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen - My name is Steve and this is my partner in crime, Scot. We are the best men today, famed for our double act. Some people may even say we were artists, but I think you'll all realize what kind of artists we are later on this evening. Now, I’d like to think that Gary chose Scott and me to be joint best men so that we could both be by his side on his wedding day. However, Scott reckons Gary only picked us for the wedding photos.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
715 words (2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Roast by a Friend of the Groom
- Humorous Wedding Speech by the Father of the Groom
- Humorous Wedding Roast for a Sports Player
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Reasons I Admire the Groom
- A Humorous and Heartfelt Wedding Speech
- Humorous Wedding Roast – Why Would Anyone Want to Marry this Man?
Steven’s final goal in life was to marry a beautiful woman. They say marriages are made in heaven – well, this one was made in TGI Fridays. After a few months of going out, Steven and Cher decided to move in together and I have to say I’ve never seen Steven happier. Of course, they do have their little scraps like most people, but never anything series – and nothing three police officers and a team of paramedics can’t sort out.
Being a staunch traditionalist, Steven soon did the time-honoured, decent thing and proposed to Cher. He went down on one knee - and then went down on the other. And he asked the Bride's Father if he would pay for the wedding. So, ladies and gentlemen, now you all know how we got here - and with your glasses raised please could join me in a toast to the bride and groom.
To Cher and Steven!