Essay PreviewMore ↓
Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen.
On behalf of the bridesmaids, I would like to thank Michael for his kind words, and I have to say they were absolutely wonderful and have done an excellent job today - I mean the bridesmaids, not the words.
Now, it's customary in these speeches to tell a story about the bachelor’s (stag) party, but in this case it won't be possible. That's because Michael has insisted on having his stag party after the wedding. So instead, I was going to tell you about a night out in the big city that Michael and I recently had, which involved beer, bad food and Michael bent over the toilet all night. But this is Magdalene’s day as well, and I don't want to ruin it with Michael's vulgarity. So I've decided to look elsewhere for my material.
I started by writing down everything I could think of that Michael and I have done over the 23 years we've been friends (mates). But even this wasn't particularly fruitful, as a lot of it would have got Michael strung up by his mom (mum), some of it would have got me strung up by my mom (mum) and some of it simply involved Michael stringing himself up with a couple of vacuum cleaners within easy reach. So, as it was quite challenging coming up with anything of real substance to tell you about Michael, I thought I’d explain how our bride and groom got together.
‘The romance began,’ as Magdalene describes it, ‘after an outing to the cinema was arranged with five or six mutual friends. But on the night, only Michael and I could make it. We enjoyed each other's company so much we went out together every evening for the rest of the week.’ ‘The romance began,’ as Michael describes, ‘after Magdalene individually bribed six people to pull out of a trip to the cinema so she could finally have an evening alone with me to curse me with her love spell.’ There also seems to be some confusion over which film they saw together that night. Magdalene remembers it to be 'Demolition Man'. Michael remembers it as 'Free Willy'.
Despite meeting Magdalene, Michael didn’t desert me and we pursued our interests in gambling, excessive drinking, Playstation and being sick a lot. For me, the most significant moment during this time was Michael getting his ear pierced - even back then he was preparing for marriage - experiencing pain, hurt and buying jewellery.
How to Cite this Page
"Humorous Speech by an Old Friend of the Groom (Bridegroom)." 123HelpMe.com. 12 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Humorous Wedding Speech - Some Advice for the Bridegroom (Groom) Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - If you didn't know already, my name is Alberto and I'm in the wedding party. That is the reason I?m dressed like this. What have I done to be blessed with such an honour. Who?s dropped out at the last minute. Had William?s other friends left the country. Could I turn the job down and still get an invite to eat and drink at William?s expense. I didn?t want to risk it, so lets get on with it. Sherry, you make a fine bride and looked absolutely stunning in the church this morning.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
688 words (2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom (Bridegroom) Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen - My name is Charles. I've tried to memorise this speech, but forgive me if I resort to my notes every five seconds. I did ask for an autocue to be set up in front of me, but apparently the wedding budget doesn't stretch that far. And, unfortunately, neither does my eyesight. Laughter I've known Steven for 22 years now and we've had more good times than I can remember - and we'd have had a one more if I hadn't run out of money in that strip cub on the other night.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
563 words (1.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Best Man Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - I would like to start by thanking Steve for saying such nice things about me during his speech, though I must admit, I did deserve them. I mean, where would a bridegroom be without his best man. The friend at hand when he couldn’t find the rings. The reassuring voice in his ear when it looked like it might rain. And the chaperone who persuaded him to leave the strip club last night. Actually, I believe it was this morning. I think we all agree that Linda looks fantastic today, a number one hit if ever there was one.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by an Old Friend of the Groom Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen Let me first say that the bridesmaids look absolutely smashing today, and only rightly outshone by our bride, Pamela. And, I'm sure you'll agree with me gentlemen, today is a sad day for single men, as another beauty leaves the available list. And ladies, I'm sure you'll agree that today's passing by without much of a ripple. I've known Robert for the best part of twenty years and of course there are plenty of things I could tell you about what we got up to in our younger days.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by the Groom Thank you for your kind words, I am very proud to be your son-in-law; I hope I can live up to your expectations. I would sincerely like to thank you for welcoming me into your family, for bringing up such a lovely daughter, and for giving me your blessing to marry her. In addition. due to the number of phone calls between my wife and her mom, the phone company would also like to thank you both. On this date in history in 1889 the Boer War ended, and maybe after my speech you'll think it's started again, although this day will go down in history as the day you all heard the best ever speech.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom I’d like to start by thanking Alan for his kind words and also to thank him on behalf of everyone for footing the bill for today’s festivities……… Having had a wonderful spread and knowing what we have to look forward to tonight, I now understand why he had the heating turned off all last winter. I was going to begin with ladies and gentlemen but on looking around I'm glad I didn't. So here goes. Distinguished guests, those of lesser distinction, and those of no distinction at all…… Family, relatives, (new and old), in-laws and outlaws, friends, friends of friends, and freeloaders Welcome to our wedding reception.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom I was really, really nervous about standing up here and speaking. I did prepare a few lines for today and having snorted them I now feel absolutely fine. I did have a great speech worked out for you today, but as I am now married, my wife has told me what to say instead. I'd like to start by thanking you all on behalf of my wife and I being here with us today, especially those who have travelled some distance to be here. We would also like to thank you all very much for your cards, kind thoughts and wonderful presents.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by the Father of the Groom Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen - I must admit, I am more nervous about participating in this wedding than I was as the groom (bridegroom) at my own wedding. Maybe it's because I have been married thirty years and I know what my son is getting himself in to. Joking aside, I've had a wonderful marriage and I would like to remind David and Arba that it's a serious business, and shouldn't be entered into lightly - although, at his weight, my son certainly isn't doing that.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen. I would first like to thank you all for coming today and helping to make Marcus and Adrian's wedding such a memorable and special occasion. Personally, I wish you'd all stayed at home and made my job less nerve wracking. When I was asked to be in the wedding party I decided that I needed to know what the role entailed. I have now read several books, and all of them include a last minute checklist to guarantee a smooth wedding.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by Friend of Groom Ladies and gentlemen, thanks Gary for those kind words. It has been a pleasure for all us attendants to play a small part in your big day. Before I say a word or two about the groom, what about that dress Jeanie is wearing. It has attracted so much favorable comment from the guests here that I have to give it a special mention. You look stunning Jeanie. When Gary asked me to be his best man I immediately thought of the speech. I saw it as an opportunity to talk about a great hero of mine… a wonderful, handsome, kind-hearted man who is admired by many.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by an Old Roomate (Flatmate)
- Humorous Wedding Speech by a Friend of the Groom (Bridegroom)
- Humorous Wedding Roast by a Friend of the Groom
- Humorous Wedding Speech by the Father of the Groom
- Humorous Wedding Roast for a Sports Player
- Humorous Wedding Speech – Reasons I Admire the Groom
Well, anyway, their relationship blossomed and in December 2000, Michael proposed during a romantic tea at the Ritz.
I want to round off this speech by saying how pleased I am for Michael. He has married a woman of great warmth, humor and kindness, and Magdalene has done equally well - minus the great warmth, humor and kindness.
I know that Michael and Magdalene will have a happy marriage and that, in Michael, Magdalene will find a brilliant bloke who has been a great friend to me over the years. I've never met anyone more honest and genuine than Michael, and he is someone who I'm sure will make a fantastic husband.
Ladies and gentlemen, please raise you glasses to Michael and Magdalene - the bride and groom!