Essay PreviewMore ↓
Families and friends. This has been a terrific day for Bob and I and we are both thrilled you could all be here. I wanted to say a few words in response to my Dad and thank a few people for all their support. I have spent a lot of time thinking about how to make these thanks – its amazing how much advice and how many books there are out there for Groom and Best Man’s speeches but there is not a lot out there to help the bride. So having failed to find any sensible advice in print, I thought I would ask around to the family and friends for some advice on what to say this evening. I didn’t get much advice about the speech but they gave me some useful snippets to use. Sarah found out that Bob and I will share our wedding day and anniversary with a very famous Royal – 2 very famous Royals in fact – the Queen obviously as I believe she is having some sort of celebration herself this weekend. The other Royal is the late King Edward who abdicated to be married to the love of his life – Mrs Simpson. Now I expect that Bob and I in time will be more like “The Simpsons” than Edward and Mrs but I trust we can be as happy as that couple were.
I have some thanks to make.
Firstly Paula – thanks for the “hairdo” and busting a gut to get here on time to have a trial run. Ben – thanks for taking photos for our guest book and thank you all for posing and signing it.
Sarah – you made your dress, you looked after me on my hen night (I’ll forgive you for buying me that Tia Maria and get you back some time). You have been the perfect Best Woman and a great friend for may years now. You have always been around for me through thick and thin and it was a privilege to be your bridesmaid last year. I have to thank your new husband Ian too for marrying you – it has been fantastic fun planning weddings together and thanks for all your top tips and ideas – many of which you can see we have stolen!
Simon – perhaps I should reserve my thanks to you until after your Best Man’s speech! Thanks for being such a good mate to Bob for so long and for brushing up so well today.
How to Cite this Page
"Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride." 123HelpMe.com. 25 Sep 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Families and friends. This has been a terrific day for Bob and I and we are both thrilled you could all be here. I wanted to say a few words in response to my Dad and thank a few people for all their support. I have spent a lot of time thinking about how to make these thanks – its amazing how much advice and how many books there are out there for Groom and Best Man’s speeches but there is not a lot out there to help the bride. So having failed to find any sensible advice in print, I thought I would ask around to the family and friends for some advice on what to say this evening.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride We did it!. I can’t believe we’re here already!. At first it felt like it couldn’t take any longer and the last few weeks just flew. It’s overwhelming, I’m in awe. Wow, I’m Mrs. Hollingsworth. I can’t believe it. Yeah, I can here my co-workers snickering in the back there, I can only imagine the stories I’ll be returning to. First I’d like to clear up any confusion Jim, is Jamie to me. Now that’s out of the way, Jamie and I have traveled a long road together already and I’m looking forward to our continued journey as husband and wife.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
469 words (1.3 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Hello everyone. I guess this is slightly unusual - the Bride doing a speech - but as you all know, the chances of me being able to stay quiet whilst everyone else does a speech were pretty slim. A good speech, they say, should be like a mini-skirt - short enough to be interesting, yet long enough to cover the essentials. So here goes........ Thank you all for coming to share the day with us. Many of you have had to take time off work and/or travelled a fair distance to be with us today - we really do appreciate the sacrifices that have been made for us.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
717 words (2 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride I wouldn't want anyone to think that I'm trying to have the last word here but I thought it only appropriate that the bride speaks and those of you who know me well enough will agree that it's usually hard to keep me quite. Well today is no exception, so here we go. I feel privileged to be sharing our day with most of the friends and family who have been important to us during our lives. Many of you have travelled from afar:- South Africa, Botswana and even the UK, and some of you have had 0to take time off work to be here.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride You may well be wondering what the Bride is doing making a speech. Well, those of you who know me well, know that I always have talked too much and usually find a way to get my two cents worth in so it probably is no surprise. I also wanted to say thank you to those deserving in my own words. When I met Ray, I was totally off men and relationships, so it is a more than a little surprising to find myself standing here just under two years later. I have my sister to thank for this remarkable conversion, as she was the Cilla Black wannabe who got us together – with all the subtlety of Blind Date I might add.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Brother of the Bride Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Neal, the bride's brother. On behalf of my mother, Mrs. Lian White, I wish to thank you all for coming to celebrate this special occasion with us. We are so happy that so many of our friends and relatives are able to come here to enjoy this splendid occasion with us. Today seems like a magical dream. This morning, I proudly walked my sister down the aisle to marry Paul, the man whom she loves so much. It was so beautiful to watch them exchanging their vows in that beautiful stained glass church.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Brother of the Bride For those of you who don't know me I'm Anna's brother Kevin and I'm here today to say a few words on behalf of our father. Unfortunately Ron is unable to be here today due to ill health. Nevertheless it goes without saying that he passes on all his love and best wishes to Anna and Melvin on their special day. When Anna asked me to give her away I was deeply honored. But all I could think was God I'll have to make a speech. To be honest standing here I feel a bit like a sheik walking into his harem for the first time.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
709 words (2 pages)
- Cory and I feel privileged to be sharing our day with all of our fiends and families who have been important to us during our lives. Many of you traveled from afar, Canada, Seattle, Illinois, Colorado and Arizona. Thanks to all of you for the efforts and sacrifices you have made to be with us today. I want to thank the most wonderful parents a child could ever have. Not only for the love, support and guidance over the years, but also for everything you’ve done towards today. Your massive contribution has been priceless and without you both we would have never managed and today would not have been possible or so special.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
256 words (0.7 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech Delivered by the Father of the Bride I want to thank all of you for coming and helping Rick and Melissa celebrate this important day in their lives. I've tried to memorize this speech, which isn't easy when you have the memory retention of a geriatric goldfish, so please forgive me if I resort to my notes - probably every five seconds. I did ask for an autocue to be set up in front of me, but apparently the wedding budget doesn't stretch that far... And neither does my eyesight The most important people here for Rick, are Ellen and Terry.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom I was really, really nervous about standing up here and speaking. I did prepare a few lines for today and having snorted them I now feel absolutely fine. I did have a great speech worked out for you today, but as I am now married, my wife has told me what to say instead. I'd like to start by thanking you all on behalf of my wife and I being here with us today, especially those who have travelled some distance to be here. We would also like to thank you all very much for your cards, kind thoughts and wonderful presents.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
940 words (2.7 pages)
My parents have been wonderful in the run up to this wedding -they have been wonderful all my life – supporting me through school and university and have welcomed Bob into the family with open arms. Dad – thank you for your kind words, your input into making today brilliant and for being patient with us in the run up to today – I know blokes don’t care about what colour the flowers should be but you have feigned interest admirably and endured with great humour more than your fair share of wedding talk. Mum – you have really worked hard on so many of the little details of today – the table arrangements and flowers, the place cards, the favours, the cake, as well as making numerous phone calls and visits for us. You have helped me choose my dress and I have had great fun having you help organise this wedding.
Mum and Dad – thanks for everything and for making Bob so welcome into the family. I know you probably weren’t so sure when we rang you at 3am from Peru to tell you we were getting married – we just got the time difference wrong – sorry about that.
Of course, I have special reason to thank Rose and Alistair – their care and support over the years has had a very positive influence over Bob and their very best qualities have rubbed off on him – thanks for your generosity and support for the preparations for the wedding. Thanks too for making another wee English Girl so welcome in your family – of course others have paved the way – Susan and Jeff have prepared you for the funny ways of the English – but hopefully as you get to know me and my family you will realise that when it comes to whisky drinking, I can compete with the best of you.
Whisky drinking is just one thing I share a passion with Bob for. Poetry and hill walking are others. It was on one of the world’s highest points that Bob proposed to me – at Machu Pichu in Peru. Poor Bob was feeling really ill that day – the combination of altitude and a few beers the night before to celebrate reaching the ruin after the gruelling walk of the Inca Trail. Spurred on by romantic thoughts of the wedding we were going to in Lima a few days later for Ivan and Fabiola, he made it most of the way to the ruins, pausing to throw up only once en-route. Picture the scene – we rounded a corner and had one of our first glimpses of the ruins. I ambled up some stone steps to get a good view and joined me and whispered the magic words in my ear. I accepted, of course, and we then asked our guide what the flat platform was that we were standing on was for. His reply was “Oh, that is an Incan Sacrificial alter – mainly used for offering virgins to the Sun God”! Well Bob – you didn’t get an Incan Virgin and thankfully you didn’t opt for the traditional thing on that alter but asked me to marry you instead.
You all know that Bob was recently re-elected to the city Council with a massive vote once more in his favour. Some of you may also know that he has now been appointed Council Deputy– a great achievement. Bob, please just bear in mind that as long as you are Deputy on the Council, it suits me just fine if you are Deputy at home too.
But seriously, I am proud to be here, having married you – proud to be your wife. You are the kindest and most supportive man I could hope to know and I love you very much. I know we will have a wonderful future together. Can I ask you please to raise a glass to my Husband – Bob.