Essay PreviewMore ↓
I wouldn't want anyone to think that I'm trying to have the last word here but I thought it only appropriate that the bride speaks and those of you who know me well enough will agree that it's usually hard to keep me quite. Well today is no exception, so here we go!
I feel privileged to be sharing our day with most of the friends and family who have been important to us during our lives. Many of you have travelled from afar:- South Africa, Botswana and even the UK, and some of you have had 0to take time off work to be here. Thanks to all of you for the efforts and sacrifices you have made to be with us today.
Of course there are those who are unable to be with us and there is one person in particular who I would dearly have loved to be here today to see me married and that is my Dad. He's certainly been in our thoughts today,a s he is everyday.
I'd like to thank Allan for his earlier compliments and would like to add how wonderful he looks today. Allan and I have been together for about 14 years (as has been mentioned a number of times tonight) and during that time we've been through a lot. But he has many wonderful qualities - charms, brains & beauty are sadly the only ones missing! No seriously, I would like to thank Allan for being the person that he is. He is good company and is funny, affectionate and loving and he's a friend as well as a partner and it means a lot to be is wife after so many years. I would now like to drink my own private toast to him and or future together. To Allan, you know everything about me and love me just the same.
Now I don't mean to bore you with repetition but I would like to say a few personal thank you's to some very special people who have contributed enormously to our day:-
* Firstly, to the most wonderful mother a child could ever have – not only for all the love, support and guidance over the years but also for everything you've done towards today. Your massive contribution has been priceless and without you we would never have managed and today would not have been possible, never mind so special.
How to Cite this Page
"Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Families and friends. This has been a terrific day for Bob and I and we are both thrilled you could all be here. I wanted to say a few words in response to my Dad and thank a few people for all their support. I have spent a lot of time thinking about how to make these thanks – its amazing how much advice and how many books there are out there for Groom and Best Man’s speeches but there is not a lot out there to help the bride. So having failed to find any sensible advice in print, I thought I would ask around to the family and friends for some advice on what to say this evening.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride We did it!. I can’t believe we’re here already!. At first it felt like it couldn’t take any longer and the last few weeks just flew. It’s overwhelming, I’m in awe. Wow, I’m Mrs. Hollingsworth. I can’t believe it. Yeah, I can here my co-workers snickering in the back there, I can only imagine the stories I’ll be returning to. First I’d like to clear up any confusion Jim, is Jamie to me. Now that’s out of the way, Jamie and I have traveled a long road together already and I’m looking forward to our continued journey as husband and wife.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
469 words (1.3 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Hello everyone. I guess this is slightly unusual - the Bride doing a speech - but as you all know, the chances of me being able to stay quiet whilst everyone else does a speech were pretty slim. A good speech, they say, should be like a mini-skirt - short enough to be interesting, yet long enough to cover the essentials. So here goes........ Thank you all for coming to share the day with us. Many of you have had to take time off work and/or travelled a fair distance to be with us today - we really do appreciate the sacrifices that have been made for us.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
717 words (2 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride I wouldn't want anyone to think that I'm trying to have the last word here but I thought it only appropriate that the bride speaks and those of you who know me well enough will agree that it's usually hard to keep me quite. Well today is no exception, so here we go. I feel privileged to be sharing our day with most of the friends and family who have been important to us during our lives. Many of you have travelled from afar:- South Africa, Botswana and even the UK, and some of you have had 0to take time off work to be here.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride You may well be wondering what the Bride is doing making a speech. Well, those of you who know me well, know that I always have talked too much and usually find a way to get my two cents worth in so it probably is no surprise. I also wanted to say thank you to those deserving in my own words. When I met Ray, I was totally off men and relationships, so it is a more than a little surprising to find myself standing here just under two years later. I have my sister to thank for this remarkable conversion, as she was the Cilla Black wannabe who got us together – with all the subtlety of Blind Date I might add.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Brother of the Bride Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I'm Neal, the bride's brother. On behalf of my mother, Mrs. Lian White, I wish to thank you all for coming to celebrate this special occasion with us. We are so happy that so many of our friends and relatives are able to come here to enjoy this splendid occasion with us. Today seems like a magical dream. This morning, I proudly walked my sister down the aisle to marry Paul, the man whom she loves so much. It was so beautiful to watch them exchanging their vows in that beautiful stained glass church.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Brother of the Bride For those of you who don't know me I'm Anna's brother Kevin and I'm here today to say a few words on behalf of our father. Unfortunately Ron is unable to be here today due to ill health. Nevertheless it goes without saying that he passes on all his love and best wishes to Anna and Melvin on their special day. When Anna asked me to give her away I was deeply honored. But all I could think was God I'll have to make a speech. To be honest standing here I feel a bit like a sheik walking into his harem for the first time.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
709 words (2 pages)
- Cory and I feel privileged to be sharing our day with all of our fiends and families who have been important to us during our lives. Many of you traveled from afar, Canada, Seattle, Illinois, Colorado and Arizona. Thanks to all of you for the efforts and sacrifices you have made to be with us today. I want to thank the most wonderful parents a child could ever have. Not only for the love, support and guidance over the years, but also for everything you’ve done towards today. Your massive contribution has been priceless and without you both we would have never managed and today would not have been possible or so special.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
256 words (0.7 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech Delivered by the Father of the Bride I want to thank all of you for coming and helping Rick and Melissa celebrate this important day in their lives. I've tried to memorize this speech, which isn't easy when you have the memory retention of a geriatric goldfish, so please forgive me if I resort to my notes - probably every five seconds. I did ask for an autocue to be set up in front of me, but apparently the wedding budget doesn't stretch that far... And neither does my eyesight The most important people here for Rick, are Ellen and Terry.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom I was really, really nervous about standing up here and speaking. I did prepare a few lines for today and having snorted them I now feel absolutely fine. I did have a great speech worked out for you today, but as I am now married, my wife has told me what to say instead. I'd like to start by thanking you all on behalf of my wife and I being here with us today, especially those who have travelled some distance to be here. We would also like to thank you all very much for your cards, kind thoughts and wonderful presents.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
940 words (2.7 pages)
* Special thanks to my Gran for arranging the ceremony and the use of Touchwood gardens (which unfortunately we couldn't use because of the rain); to my Grandad for proudly walking me up the aisle (keeping me at the right pace); to Finella for keeping us all in tune in the church (well some of us); and to Dan for offering us the use of his luxurious car (which certainly beat the donkey and scotchcart we'd resigned ourselves down to). * Thanks to all our attendants for agreeing to play their roles today - you've all done us proud:- Kerry, who I've known since she was a little girl and watched mature into a young lady Caroline, whose friendship goes back a long way (29 years) and is very special to me despite the long distance Fiona, who's been of great help and support over the last few months, traipsing around London bridal shops, wedding shows, etc. My brother Sean, who I've obviously known all my life and who I drove mad as 0a little sister (not to mention the time I drove him into the lemon tree on
a motorbike - something he'll never let me forget!) Kevin, who I've known for a number of years although it feels like forever My niece and nephew Kayleigh and Brandon, who I'm sure you'll all agree both look and have been brilliant. * And last but not least, thank you to ALL our family and friends (there's too many to mention by name) for your help & support to our special day. Thank you for being here, we're having a wonderful time and hope you're all enjoying it too. Thank you.