Essay PreviewMore ↓
For those of you that don't know me I'm Misa's cousin Lucy.
I've decided not to tell any embarrassing stories because it would also be
embarrassing to me... and our parents probably don't know about most of
I've known Misa my whole life so I thought it would be appropriate to make a short poem on our lives up until this point.
I've known you forever; it's been over 27 years
Although we've had good times, there've also been tears.
With getting into trouble over the time
I consider you not only my cousin but my partner in crime.
When ever I was in trouble there would be no doubt
You'd be there by my side bailing me out.
You've snuck me into bars and we've told a few lies
But hey what the hell they were all ugly guys.
As teenagers, we were wild; no one would ever believe.
But honestly Aunt Norma, Misa had it all up her sleeve.
I'm so happy for you both, on your special day
My wish has come true, what more can I say.
In 70 years when I take a look back at the very end
Not only were you my cousin but you were my best friend.
Misa you're a terrific friend and as close as a sister as I'll ever get and
How to Cite this Page
"Wedding Speech - Best Woman or Maid of Honor." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Wedding Speech – Best Woman or Maid of Honor Good Evening. For those of you who don’t know me, I am Sarah, Frankie’s slightly older sister. I want to start by congratulating Frankie and Erik, and thanking all of you for coming here today. I of course have known Frankie, a very, very long time. Frankie and I have always been pretty much inseparable as long as I can remember and we have always managed to keep each other laughing. I vividly remember Frankie and I staying up until well past our bedtime, throwing stuffed animals at each other, talking about boys and laughing so hard at everything and anything.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
346 words (1 pages)
- Wedding Speech – Best Woman or Maid of Honor Ladies and Gentlemen – I’ll start by thanking Brian on behalf of the bridesmaids for his kind words. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Hannah and am trying to do as good a job as I can today to be Brian’s best man – rather as good a job as I am able to do given that there was no way I was going to put my name down to have gender reassignment surgery so that I could properly fulfil the role. I was a bit surprised, although naturally honoured, when Brian asked me to do this, but in actual fact, having a girl as a best man makes perfect sense as it shows that Brian has carefully thought ahead to his life as a married man and is happy with the... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1279 words (3.7 pages)
- Wedding Speech for a Maid of Honor or Best Woman Before I start I would like to say that Madonna you look absolutely stunning, Erik, well you just look stunned. For those of you know don’t know me my name is Rhonda and for those of you who do, I’ll have the usual, just put the bottle next to my purse. When Madonna first asked me to be her bridesmaid I felt delighted but as the big day approached I was informed that I would be doing a speech and a toast. Being the shy and retiring type I was trying to think of ways of getting out of it, but have any of you tried saying no to Madonna.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
432 words (1.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech for a Maid of Honor or Best Woman My role of today is that of a Maid of Honor, and my name is Popen. Alison and I have known each other since tenth grade, eight years, which quite frankly, seems just like yesterday on one hand…and like a million years ago on the other. Have you ever really thought about what friendship truly means to you. Well, I have especially when it comes to Alison and I. My friendship with her has been special to me, because she was a great person to go through the trauma of our teenage years with.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
356 words (1 pages)
- Wedding Speech for a Maid of Honor or Best Woman For those of you who don't know me.....I'm Misty.....Martha's friend of 17 years and her maid of honor. Martha, I just want you to know how honored I am to stand by your side on this special day. And can I just say how beautiful and happy you look right now. Gosh you would think it was your wedding day or something. Martha and I met at James Rutter Middle School in the 7th grade. She was the "new student".......the "quiet" student. Or so everyone thought.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Wedding Speech for a Maid of Honor or Best Woman Good evening. I would like to thank all of you for attending this joyful occasion. For those of you that don't know me, I'm Hanah's friend Erica, sometimes known as "Natasha" or "Hanah's foot taller twin sister". I'm sure you read in the playbill/program that I used to work with her in the accounting department. We hit it off from the start - both having a love for drama, we spent not only our working days together but every night as well. We got into trouble a lot for talking too much - so much that it became necessary to write notes, crumple them up and throw them at each other when no one was looking.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- Meaningful and Sentimental Best Man Speech Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. I would like to echo the groom's sentiments and mention that all the bridesmaids look truly beautiful, indeed. Also, I'd like to say that the bride looks absolutely stunning today, as for the groom he just looks stunned. I am on a strict time limit from the bride, so the more you laugh at my jokes, the quicker my speech will be. It is beautiful to see so many loving family members and friends here to share in this occasion, especially those who have traveled some distances to be here with us today.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- The Reaction of Colin Powell's Speech at Howard University General Colin Powell did the Commencement speech at Howard University on May 25, 1994. He did the speech after a cloud of controversy had happen at the university. A racist Black Muslim made a speech at Howard University. Howard policy is that anybody can express his or her freedom of speech on there campus. As you can figure out, the white community did not think of that very well. Connie Chung did a report saying that Howard University was a racist institution.... [tags: Papers]
632 words (1.8 pages)
- Sentimental Wedding Speech from the Father of the Bride This speech uses quotes that are skillfully woven into his more personal message, which is a good way of adding humor and providing the speaker with material that is neither offensive or dull. He also includes several jokes that are popular in wedding speeches, but has given his own twist on them to add originality Ladies and gentlemen, may I start my speech by welcoming the guests. Today, we are surrounded by most of the friends and family that have been important to us during our lives.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech to a Groom with Long Hair Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. I must admit, I am more nervous about being best man than I was at my own wedding. Maybe it’s because I have been married a year and I know what Jonathan’s letting himself in for. And on that happy occasion, as some of you know, Jonathan was my best man and he did a wonderful job. However Jonathan, there are many reasons why you should get married and I’m not sure if revenge is one of them. But, it is a great thrill and an honor, and Jonathan’s already agreed that I can do it again next time.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
740 words (2.1 pages)