Essay PreviewMore ↓
I would like to start my speech today by thanking Richard for his kind words. I am really proud to have become Isia’s husband; ever since the day we met I have been treated as one of the family and this has made our Journey to this day that much smoother! Thank you both for your blessing I promise that I will make you proud and live up to the high expectations I am sure you have! Thank you for everything you have both done in making this day so special if it wasn’t for you I am sure I would still be saving. So far the day has been an amazing experience and I am sure it can only get better.
I would also like to thank you on behalf of Isia for all the love and help you have given her over the years. I thank you for making Isia the most loving, caring, sweet and kind person I have ever met. I really am the luckiest man alive.
Thanks to Mom and Dad:
I would now like to thank my own mom and dad for all the love and support they have given me over the years. I am sure you are looking at me now and thinking what a brave boy? I am not really one for speeches especially in front of 80+ people.
You have always been there for me and helped me though good times and bad especially in my younger days.
If I have ever had a problem where did I go mom and dad of course. I couldn’t ask for two more loving people. I am very proud to have you here with Isia and I on our special day. I know that your love and support will continue for many years to come.
Thanks to Isia:
I now come to the most important person in my life, and that’s Isia my beautiful bride. I am so proud to say that you are my wife you really do look amazing. I am sure that you will all agree that she has done me proud. I wrote this before today so I never knew until now just how amazing you would look. Knowing you like I do I am sure you will now be getting rather embarrassed and possibly a little pink. But I am sorry I must go on.
We first met at a new years eve party in 1999 we said hello and that was it.
How to Cite this Page
"Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Jul 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom I’d like to start by thanking Alan for his kind words and also to thank him on behalf of everyone for footing the bill for today’s festivities……… Having had a wonderful spread and knowing what we have to look forward to tonight, I now understand why he had the heating turned off all last winter. I was going to begin with ladies and gentlemen but on looking around I'm glad I didn't. So here goes. Distinguished guests, those of lesser distinction, and those of no distinction at all…… Family, relatives, (new and old), in-laws and outlaws, friends, friends of friends, and freeloaders Welcome to our wedding reception.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom Well , what can I say, Thankyou for those kind words Alan and I hope $20 was enough. I recently read somewhere that a survey had been conducted of things that people fear most, and top of the list above things like spiders and heights, was the fear of standing up and making a speech in public. I'm no different, suffice to say that this isn't the first time today I've risen from a warm seat with a piece of paper in my hand. MANY PEOPLE Many people thought this day would never come.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom On behalf of my wife and I, I would like to start by thanking Leon for his kind words……….easily the best $10 I ever spent……….and I’d like to thank him on behalf of everyone here today for providing the wedding feast. I would also like to thank Leon and Mindy for welcoming me into their family and their kindness and friendship since I first met them, though obviously they didn’t know me at the time else they might have locked their daughter up to keep her safe from me.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom Before I start I have to ask... Do you like my outfit?... you see, I asked the tailor for Versace... but he thought I said "Liberace". Ladies, Gentlemen, Friends, Relatives and any stray pedestrians who may have wandered in. On behalf of my wife and I... or as I prefer to call her "my most recent ex-girlfriend", welcome to our wedding. I hope you're all enjoying yourselves on this special day. Its great to see you all and I can honestly say it would have been rubbish without you.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom I’ll have to keep this speech short because of my shins . . . Nicola has threatened to kick them I go on too long. The humor here is that you think I’m joking. I’d like to start by thanking you all on behalf of my wife and I, for sharing our special day. Thank you all for your kind wishes, cards and presents. I can’t wait to see how many stick on shower radios we get, and exactly how you wrap a wheelbarrow. Nicola and I have been worrying about this day for weeks and it means a great deal to us that you managed to make it.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
639 words (1.8 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom Ladies and Gentlemen, you are about to witness a unique event in history. This is the very first and very last time that my wife is going to let me speak on behalf of both of us. Today, so far has been a day beyond my wildest dreams. They say you don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without which is very true with Karen. I thought I had prepared myself quite well for today but nothing could have prepared me enough for when I saw Karen walk down the aisle.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom I would like to start my speech today by thanking Richard for his kind words. I am really proud to have become Isia’s husband; ever since the day we met I have been treated as one of the family and this has made our Journey to this day that much smoother. Thank you both for your blessing I promise that I will make you proud and live up to the high expectations I am sure you have. Thank you for everything you have both done in making this day so special if it wasn’t for you I am sure I would still be saving.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1373 words (3.9 pages)
- Humorous Wedding Speech Delivered by the Groom Well, as Henry VIII said to each one of his wives … 'I shall not keep you long'. Ladies and Gentlemen, this day is an historic day, on this day in 1666, the Great Fire of London started - nothing to do with my wife's cooking. And on this day in the year 2000, you attended this wedding reception and heard the finest wedding speech of your entire lifetime, and my best man Michael will be making it. I after all, did have a great speech worked out for you today, but as I am now married, my wife has told me what to say instead.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- Best Man Speech Delivered by the Brother of the Groom Firstly, on behalf of the bridesmaids, I'd like to thank the groom for his kind words, and I have to say they have done an excellent job today and look absolutely wonderful. I am very proud that I was chosen to be the best man today. It’s often said at weddings that being asked to be the best man is like being asked to kiss the Queen. Its a great honor but nobody wants to do it. I have a large library of stories to tell you that will leave the groom embarrassed and humiliated, but out of respect for him on his big day I have decided not to tell them.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Wedding Speech Delivered by the Bride Families and friends. This has been a terrific day for Bob and I and we are both thrilled you could all be here. I wanted to say a few words in response to my Dad and thank a few people for all their support. I have spent a lot of time thinking about how to make these thanks – its amazing how much advice and how many books there are out there for Groom and Best Man’s speeches but there is not a lot out there to help the bride. So having failed to find any sensible advice in print, I thought I would ask around to the family and friends for some advice on what to say this evening.... [tags: Wedding Toasts Roasts Speeches]
1114 words (3.2 pages)
We have been though allot in our short time together but have always come out on top no matter what.
As you may know the year 2000 was a leap year so at the end of February I decided it was time for action, I hinted on a number of occasions that our relationship should go that little bit further. For some reason Isia didn’t realise what I was saying until a quick chat with her mom led to a text message at 3 minutes past 5 on 29th of February. With the words “Will you marry me?” of course I said yes and I soon purchased the ring and did the right thing by proposing on one knee. The only problem was it was in my mom and dads bedroom and all I was wearing was a Blur t-shirt and jeans.
Anyway I did have lots of embarrassing stories to tell about our time together but I think I will save Isia any more embarrassment and continue to praise her instead.
Seriously though I thank you Isia for everything you have done for me and all the love you have given me. I cannot begin to show just how much you mean to me. I love you with all my heart and promise that I will be there for you until the day we part. You are everything I have ever dreamed of its hard to believe you are real.
Myself and Isia would like to send our love and best wishes to my Uncle Derek and Auntie Doreen who are unable to make it today due to Derek being unwell. I am sure you will all join us in wishing him a speedy recovery.
Thanks to others:
There have been so many people involved in the planning and preparation of our big day, and this is now the time to give thanks to them.
Thank you to Sharon and her staff for allowing us to hold our reception here and for helping us with the planning along the way. I am sure you will all agree it is a beautiful setting.
We would like to give a big thank you to Ros sharp and her mom Carol for the beautiful wedding cake. I am glad to see its still standing.
Thank you to everyone who has given us presents we can’t wait to open them all. They are very much appreciated and will be used everyday by Isia while she slaves away in the kitchen. Well she has duties now doesn’t she? We will be holding a car boot sale soon so if you are after a toaster I am sure we have a nice one going cheap?
Thanks to Gary and Andrew:
I would like to thank my brother Gary and nephew Andrew for agreeing to be our ushers today. You have both done a great Job and managed to keep the rabble in order without the need for violence.
Thanks to Dave:
I would now like to say thank you to Dave for being my best man. We have been mates for many years and you truly are the best man for the Job. You have helped me in many ways and given me good advise on how to treat Isia. I thank you for all the help and support you have given me especially over the last few weeks, and for putting up with my moaning. My stag night was great fun and I am sure all those who attended will agree. I hope you are about to prove you’re the best man by given me lots of praise in your speech. If not you better leave now.
But seriously I mean it when I say how pleased I am that you have done me the honour of being my best man and best mate. Cheers Dave.
Thanks to Claire, Charlotte, and Eleanor:
Our next and final big thank you goes out to three beautiful young ladies Claire, Charlotte, and Eleanor. We would also like to wish Eleanor a Happy Birthday for tomorrow. Isia and I would like to say how lovely you all look and thank you for doing such a wonderful Job.
Before I pass you over to Dave for the speech of the day, I would like to present a few gifts to various members of our wedding party to say thank you for the help you have all given on this special day.
I will start by given a bouquet of flowers to our mom’s who have been an invaluable part of our lives. We would also like to give one more bouquet to another special lady and that’s Isia’s Nan.
We also have gifts for our two ushers Gary and Andrew, and my best man Dave.
Finally I would once gain like to thank our bridesmaids and present them each with a gift.
Ladies and gentleman will you please raise your glasses in a toast to our three bridesmaids.
Now here is the part of the afternoon you have all been waiting for my best man Dave.