Essay PreviewMore ↓
Beer-B-Q's are great fun. They're like a mix between a full-blown keg party and a quiet barbecue. Beer-B-Q's are more relaxed than a keg party, with great food, but they're more fun than a simple barbecue. And throwing a great Beer-B-Q is much easier than you may think.
First, a good location is a must. A secluded backyard is preferred, especially if it's big and has a deck and a pool or spa. However, a public park that has grills, and where alcohol is allowed, can work as well, but keep the noise level down to avoid any law enforcement attention. Second, you need good weather, so plan your Beer-B-Q for sometime between late May and early September for the best weather in this area. Memorial Day to Labor Day is always a good bet for the perfect Beer-B-Q season. Now that you've picked a date and have your location, the real preparation begins.
Okay, first major step is food. Make sure to account for any vegetarians in your group of friends. Boca Burgers or GardenBurgers are good choices for vegan and vegetarian party guests, as both products are made with no animal products. Now, for the real carnivores you're sure to invite, keep your patties at or above a quarter pound size. Even more important than that, however, is the fat content of your patties. Get 98% Fat Free or better patties. Why? We don't care about watching waistlines! However, most of the fat in a patty gets burned off on the grill, shrinking the overall size of the patty. So a 98% Fat Free quarter-pound patty is going to be bigger than a regular quarter-pound patty. I hope that makes sense. Hot dogs are also always a good bet, and Oscar Mayer and Ballpark are perennial favorite brands. Be sure to have plenty of condiments, chips, salad or fruit, and soda for the underage or designated driver guests.
Next up is music. Get a stereo. If you're lucky enough to be throwing the Beer-B-Q at a house with those neat outdoor speakers hooked up to the indoor stereo, you're probably set. Otherwise, get your hands on a 3-Disc or 5-Disc portable CD player with speakers that detach from the main unit. You won't have enough outdoor electrical outlets for a component system, so leave the big boy at home. As for music itself, keep it mixed up.
How to Cite this Page
"Hosting a Successful Barbecue (Actually a Beer-B-Q)." 123HelpMe.com. 12 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Brewing the Beer History It is quite impossible to pinpoint who, when, and how the first beer was brewed. The beginning of beer was suggested to become known more than 5,000 years ago in the grasslands of southern Mesopotamia (Oliver, 2013). It was thought that as people gathered food from the rich soil that supported wild grains, grains left out in a moist environment — an area where it rain most — will sprout. Unpredictably, wet and sprouting grains, and yeast would eventually mix together. As the grains started to foam and fizz, a fearless person tasted the matter and spread the word of the new discovery (Evans, 2015).... [tags: Beer, Brewing, Wheat beer, Reinheitsgebot]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- ... They are cheaper than natural lump charcoal, burn for longer and produce a more uniform heat. However, they lot off a chemical smell and need to be burnt to white ash before actually placing meat on the grill. On the other hand, lump charcoal ignites faster and provides a distinct smoky flavour to the barbecued meat and is easier to clean up later. Most grill lovers prefer the lump charcoal to briquettes. Gas grills – These grills use natural gas or propane as the main source of fuel. These type of grills comprise of three main parts – a gas source which maybe in the form of a cylinder or pipeline, a burner and a cooking grid where the meat is to be placed.... [tags: types, factors, grills]
548 words (1.6 pages)
- Summary The Zebra beer brand began in 1857 and was created by the Decker Family. The Decker Family originated in the Alsace region between France and Germany. During this time, many families brewed their own supplies of beer, and the Decker’s were no exception. Many people in the region grew to love the Decker’s beer because of its’ quality and distinctive flavor and many asked for their recipe. The family immigrated to the United States and intended to establish a brewery. Due to a lack of capital and prohibition, the family could not make this happen for several years.... [tags: Beer, Brewing, Brewery, Ale]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Unfortunately many of them simply use the shaker pint because it is readily available and it is a common shape that is familiar to the average customer. Although this is a step in the right direction, most breweries are not bothering with utilizing the correct shape of glass for their product. Examples are this can be seen with Hoegaarden and Stella Artois where the glassware doesn’t quite reflect the style of beer. Education programs – Educational programs such as Beer Steward Certification from the Master Brewers Association of Americas do cover the appropriate glassware for craft beer.... [tags: craft beer, shaker pint glasses, ]
2030 words (5.8 pages)
- How To Install WordPress More Than Once on Your Hosting Account WordPress is one the most popular open source content publishing platform used by many blogging and business websites all over the word. It’s not only simple to use with plugin stability and autonomy, but also comes with multisite option with the ability to host more than one WordPress on the same account. While beginners may need only one WordPress account to get their online business running quickly and easily, some may find it necessary to install WordPress more than once in their hosting account.... [tags: Web hosting service, Website, Web hosting, MySQL]
712 words (2 pages)
- Title: 5 Reasons to Make Your Own Beer and Wine Category: Health & Wellness Tags: wine making, home brewing, organic beer, healthier wine, healthier beer Snippet: There are many misconceptions about homemade wine and beer. At one time making your own homemade beer or wine was done simply because it was cheap. Today, however, there are more reasons to make your own homebrew and wine. Here’s five reasons why making your own beer and wine is not only good for your wallet but also good for your health and taste buds.... [tags: Beer, Brewing, Homebrewing, Distilled beverage]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Product Zaganu Is a 100% Romanian beer produce established in 2013 in a small town called Maneciu-Ungureni. The company produces 0.0039 million hectoliter of handcraft beer a year 100% Romanian ingredients there are 3 ingredients: water, malt and 3 types of hops and yeast. By using 100% Romanian indicant and everything is hand made such as bottle, label and stapling the bottles are done by hand. This helps them to sustain a competitive advantage. They produce 2 types of beer normal beer and a dark beer they have 2 different sizes that they can offer (0.5L) and (0.3L) the bottle and the label helps them sustain a completive advantage by giving them a nice designee and colorful label... [tags: Beer, Brewing, Beer style, Malt]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Do you have what it takes to become a beer pong champion. If so, you have come to the right place. In this step-by-step tutorial, I will reveal the secrets of miserably defeating your opponent at the sport of beer pong. When played in tournament, beer pong takes a great amount more physical, psychological, and intellectual endurance than many other sports. It may even take many years of practice to become a champion. Don’t assume that this game is not a blood thirsty sport either. Alcohol is related to 100,000 deaths annually in America, usually occurring after a night’s game of beer pong (Sage).... [tags: physics beer pong drinking game]
2547 words (7.3 pages)
- There are more than 2000 brewers but three control 78% of the beer market. Anheuser-Busch controls approximately 45%, Miller Brewing maintains a 23% share, and Adolph Coors controls 10%. Anheuser-Busch's twelve breweries produce more than sixty varieties of beers in a number of families with operations around the world and distribution to over 60 countries. A few of these families are Budweiser, Michelob, Busch, Natural, Bicardi, and Grolsch. Miller Brewing produces more than 130 million barrels of beer annually and has operations in 40 countries with hundreds of brands.... [tags: Beer Industry]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Classification of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than a nice cold beer. Or how about drinking a nice cold one with some buddies after work at a local bar, sound nice doesn?t it. Beer has been around for many years and will probably be around for many more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources. The production of beer and some other alcoholic beverages is often called brewing. Most every culture has there own tradition and the own take on beer, thus producing many different styles and variations.... [tags: Classification Essays Beer Alcohol Essays]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
Finally, and most important of all: Beer. Beer is the cornerstone and namesake of the Beer-B-Q. There are two theories behind this. The first is that beer makes everything better. That's arguable, but the reason I've found is that beer makes a great instant marinade. While you're grilling your meat, pour some beer over the meat. All the alcohol will burn off, but the taste will remain. I've tested a few brands and types of beer over the years of throwing Beer-B-Q's, and here's what I've found.
The best, by far, of all beer types is the HefeWeizen. A HefeWeizen is a honey brew beer. I think the name is German for "Honey Wine" or something like that. HefeWeizens work well because the honey used in the brewing process makes them a little sweeter than lagers or ales. For just drinking the beer, I suggest placing a lemon wedge in the bottle. Also, Henry Weinhard's makes a very tasty, inexpensive HefeWezien.
Next best are the Ice and Pale brews. The good ones are Henry Weinhard's Blue Boar Ice Ale and Sierra-Nevada Pale Ale. A cheaper, but less tasty alternative, is Bud Ice. I'd stay away from anything Budweiser when throwing a Beer-B-Q, but it will do the job on a tight budget.
Whatever you do, and this is very important, do not use Corona for marinating your meat. Although it is bad as a marinade, I do suggest keeping some in the cooler. Throw a lime wedge in a bottle of Corona and you have a very tasty beverage. But don't pour it on the meat. You've been warned.
After you've chosen location, date, food, music, and beer, there's only one more step, and unfortunately I can't help you with it: Guests. The best Beer-B-Q will be the best because of the guests who are there. Be sure to invite your close friends, and their close friends, but try to avoid the keg-standing, beer-bonging, puke animals we all know. They're great fun at keg parties, but bad news at Beer-B-Qs. Happy grilling!