Essay PreviewMore ↓
Baseball has always been America’s natural past time. Many fans love watching baseball but do not realize how hard it is to prepare for a season. Most fans think the players just show up on the first day. I think this belief is completely false. I feel that preparing for a baseball season requires much preparation. The preparation I use includes working on my swing, working out, and studying other people’s ideas on hitting. These steps are necessary for me to have a successful season. These steps have proven to be a valuable aid in helping me to prepare for the season. I believe these steps are the basic steps to becoming a great baseball player.
Developing my swing is the first step I use in preparing for the upcoming season. There are a few different techniques I use to work on my swing. The first way is to take hitting lessons. I learn much of my knowledge about hitting from taking hitting lessons. My usual routine consists of taking lessons three times a week. This allows me to be evaluated by a professional. I took hitting lessons from the same coach for five straight years. His teachings have helped me become a much better hitter. Another way I develop my swing is by practicing daily. Even though I take hitting lessons, I still need more work. I am lucky enough to have access to a facility that has hitting cages. This allows me to work in the winter and during inclimate weather. By going to work on my swing on my own, I am able to work on the skills that my hitting instructor has taught me. This seems like it would take a long time, but it does not. I carefully plan out my time, and this allows me to use my time wisely. I allot times to work different aspects of my swing. By doing this, I am able to cover all aspects of my swing. I also videotape my swing, and this allows me to view myself afterwards. Since I videotape my practice sessions, I can go over my sessions afterwards. I have caught and fixed many mistakes my carefully watching my swing on the recordings. Developing my swing is the first of three main steps I use in preparing for the upcoming season.
Next, I work out using weights to improve my chances for success in the upcoming season.
How to Cite this Page
"The Process of Baseball Season Preparation." 123HelpMe.com. 14 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In this essay, taking a process from everyday life and discussing it as a staged process that involves layers of decision making. The process chosen for this purpose involves acquiring, preparing, using and discarding a leg of meat, and in the process producing products and by products. Endeavoring to identify the processes involved in treating the leg of lamb in such a way that they will be “interpretable” to future generations is the ultimate aim of this essay. LAMB AS A RAW MATERIAL Wikipedia (1, 2009) defines lamb as the meat of the domestic sheep, clarifying that lamb is the meat of a young sheep, whereas a hogget or mutton is the meat of a significantly older sheep.... [tags: Process Essay, Butcher]
1897 words (5.4 pages)
- Right now in America, the world of sports is constantly changing and growing to make the sports safer and fairer. People want sports to be as exciting and thrilling as before, but without the human error that may turn some baseball fans away. Along with this fear, people also want every sport to be as fair as possible, and by doing this most sports have incorporated an instant replay rule. This spring will be the first that the review rule will be in effect, it is a radical decision and game changing because baseballs history is so rich and its structured has not been changed in so long.... [tags: Sports, baseball, MLB]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- The Importance of the Marching Season to the Peace Process Every July, Orange Order marches take place to commemorate the Battle of The Boyne of 1690. Since the beginning of ‘The Troubles’ in 1969, the sectarian divide, essentially in the geographical areas of Northern Ireland, has become synonymous with the hopes and fears of the two ideologies yet who still remain poles apart. Parades and marches by the respective sides, reinforce this confrontation. The marches have often been a flashpoint for violence and have been a continual cause of tension between the unionists and the nationalists.... [tags: Papers]
579 words (1.7 pages)
- INTRODUCTION "Over the decades, African American teams played 445-recorded games against white teams, winning sixty-one percent of them." (Conrads, pg.8) The Negro Leagues were an alternative baseball group for African American baseball player that were denied the right to play with the white baseball payers in the Major League Baseball Association. In 1920, the first African American League was formed, and that paved the way for numerous African American innovation and movements. Fences, and Jackie Robinson: The Biography, raises consciousness about the baseball players that have been overlooked, and the struggle they had to endure simply because of their color.... [tags: Baseball History Racism Race Essays]
2781 words (7.9 pages)
- The History of Baseball Americans began playing baseball on informal teams, using local rules, in the early 1800s. By the 1860s, the sport, unrivaled in popularity, was being described as America's "national pastime." Alexander Joy Cartwright of New York invented the modern baseball field in 1845. Alexander Cartwright and the members of his New York Knickerbocker Base Ball Club devised the first rules and regulations for the modern game of baseball.... [tags: Baseball Sports History]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- Flowers in Season by Andre Maurois "Life isn't like that The seasons return every year each with its own flowers." As seen in this quote from "Flowers in Season" a short story by Andre Maurois, changing seasons and changes in one's life are the key ideas. The title alone gives some indication of the subject of this story; the different seasons produce different flowers, implying a changing of seasons in this story.... [tags: Maurois Flowers Season]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Swinging the Bat for Power Many people might think that swinging the bat straight through the ball would be enough to hit the ball a decent distance off the bat. There's many more mechanics involved in the swinging process. Muscle has only a small part to play in the swinging a bat for power. There are two types of mechanics involved while swinging a bat, Linear and Rotational. Rotational mechanics are the dominant source of power in the swing. Out of the rotational mechanics come the two forces that help generate the speed and power of the swing, torque and the other comes from the energy of rotation.... [tags: Sport Baseball Physics]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- Death and Duck Season In the short story "Duck Season," T. Alan Broughton introduces an everyday family from upstate New York, during the windy, fall season. The protagonist, Gracie, is dying of cancer, while her husband and children live in denial and try their best to carry on with their lives. Broughton uses the repeated structural device of flashback to depict a vivid image from the eyes of a lonely, bed-ridden Gracie. In looking at this story from a structural criticism, it can be broken down into seven parts that reinforce the theme: Cherish the time with a loved one because it can end in an untimely manner.... [tags: Broughton Duck Season Essays]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction Baseball is a fairly simple game, once you understand the simple mix of science involved in baseball. Also, there is much more to the game of baseball than simply hitting and pitching the ball. Here is a few bits of information about a baseball that is hit 400 feet. 1. For each 1000 feet of altitude you can add 7 Feet. 2. For each 10 degrees of air temp you can add 4 Feet. 3. For each 10 degrees of ball temp you can add 4 Feet. 4. For each 1 inch drop in Barometer you can add 6 Feet.... [tags: physics sport sports baseball]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- Missing Figures Baseball is a fascinating sport that is exceptionally fun to play. This assignment is all about understanding the physics of a few key aspects of this sport. One might ask what physics could have to do with baseball. Like most sports baseball involves physical motion. Baseball encompasses all three planes of motion through throwing, hitting, and fielding. All of the classical laws of mechanics can be applied to understand the physics of this game. Baseball is not a difficult game to comprehend, but it can a very long time to achieve a high level of performance.... [tags: physics sport sports baseball]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
The final step I use in preparing for the upcoming season is studying other people’s ideas on hitting. Baseball is a sport that is all over the television. This works to my advantage. When the Atlanta Braves are playing on TBS, I get to study the top players in major league baseball. While most fans are only watching for enjoyment, I am watching to learn. I record many games out of the year, and later break each players individual swing down. I also read many books on the different styles for hitting. For example, I read about five books by the hitting coach of the Oakland A’s. By reading these books, I learned many techniques that I still use today. Although these books are sometime expensive, they are a great asset to have in your collection. I also talk to many different coaches on their personal hitting techniques. I love talking to coaches, and finding out what they know about hitting. I find out what they believe works and does not work. Every coach has their own philosophy. I take a little of each coaches philosophy. This allows me to put together a view point that works for me. By studying other people’s idea on hitting, I am able to put together a way of thinking that helps me prepare for the upcoming season.
In conclusion, I feel that preparing for a baseball season requires much preparation. In the process of preparing for the season, I work on my swing, work out, and studying other people’s ideas on hitting. Other athletes may be able to bypass this preparation and still be successful. For me, this preparation is necessary to have a successful season. These steps may sound easy, but they are very time consuming. I work many hours in the off season, and this hard work allows me to have a successful season.