Essay PreviewMore ↓
Three of them are on the right side of my bed. I try to holler but I can't. I can't move. I'm scared, remembering the pain from the other times. They fly through the ceiling and out the roof, taking me with them. Next thing I'm in their craft, lying on a table, and I'm cold. I'm naked. They're putting something up into my vagina, and I'm scared they'll leave it there. They wear skintight black coveralls. They look like black grasshoppers. No hair, wide jaw. Black eyes, big, halfway between round and oval. Small openings for nostrils. No ears, just foot-long antennae. A thumb and three long pointy fingers. They're cold when they touch me. They talk to one another and I hear them in my mind. They have a damp, musty odor about them. They roll me over and put a burning hot needle along my spine. They aren't saying anything. I can't cry for help. Afterwards I'm floating out of a craft. There are beings with me surrounding me. I'm not scared. I'm back in bed, drifting off to sleep. They're gone. (Gordon, 82).
Many of the world's inhabitants have reported experiences like those of Mary, a hospital administrator, who, at the age of forty-three, remembered her abduction by alien beings through hypnotic regression. (Gordon 82) Many people believe in alien beings from other planets. Many people also believe that aliens have visited Earth in UFOs. A UFO is an unidentified flying object. This usually ranges from an airplane to the much publicized alien aircrafts from outer space.
When people think of aliens they usually think of little green men from Mars, other little gray men, or giant monsters. The little gray men are described to be about four feet tall. There heads are large and oval. The beings' eyes are also shaped like ovals, but turned up at the ends like cat's eyes. The aliens have also been described as having long fingers that extend from the wrist. These wrists are attached to extremely long arms connected at narrow shoulder blades. These alien beings are also said to radiate a luminescent aura. The large monsters have been described as anything that can be imagined from the depths of one's soul.
How to Cite this Page
"The Aliens Next Door." 123HelpMe.com. 19 Mar 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- After going from city to city in the Starship, we where looking for a place to stay at. We had left Earth because I was being taken over by the aliens that where discovered from other planets. We knew we would encounter other aliens while exploring other planets so we took proper precautions and brought the protection we would need through out the trip. We where going in outer space so the aliens would not track us and follow us to destroy us. We had arrived to the first planet and just by looking at it, it looked like this planet was not going to become our home for long.... [tags: creative writing]
1958 words (5.6 pages)
- A huge crisis looms right in front of this country, yet the United States’ politicians do not even take notice. Millions of illegal aliens receive free education every day and it costs the country billions of dollars. California spends most of this money, but Texas does not sit far behind. Not only will this bankrupt and destroy one of the best education systems in the world, but it will also encourage more and more illegals to bring their children to America. Why would anyone expect the situation to be any different.... [tags: illegal aliens]
1412 words (4 pages)
- The book I chose to review for this course is titled, “The Millionaire Next Door”, by Thomas J. Stanley, Ph.D., and William D. Danko, Ph.D. After learning that it was published in 1996, prior to the widespread availability of the internet, and subsequent ebusiness boom, I was slightly sceptical that the information held within might not be relevant for someone like myself trying to thrive in today’s chaotic economy. Fortunately, I was wrong. The Millionaire Next Door is full of concepts and principles that put into perspective how we view money and status in our society, and also debunks the myth that America’s wealthy are the ones doing most of the spending while living elaborate and care... [tags: The Millionaire Next Door]
1665 words (4.8 pages)
- Chapter Notes on Confucius Lives Next Door by T.R. Reid Chapter 1: THE OTHER MIRACLE 1) Japan still has the largest foreign currency reserves in the world even after years of recession. This fact was important because later it was explained that everyone in Japan had money and that it was more equally distributed than in the east. 2) East Asia has been extraordinarily successful. They have the safest streets, the strongest families, and the best schools in the world. This statement was important because it showed how this country surpassed other countries especially America.... [tags: Confucius Lives Next Door Asia Essays]
1640 words (4.7 pages)
- Down the street, in our workplaces, seemingly under our beds- Harvard Medical Professor Martha Stout’s Sociopath Next Door: The Ruthless vs. The Rest of Us sends the reader into a state of frightful paranoia when she mentions that a staggering 1 in 25, 4%, persons is, in fact, a sociopath. A sociopath, as Stout asserts, is a person with the lack of a conscience, thus a person not concerned with the suffering of others, to worry only about itself. She goes on to tell us that, because the rate of sociopaths in our society is so high, we must have already met hundreds without knowing it, due to the elusive and enigmatic nature of this psychological disease.... [tags: Psychology]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- The boy next door The authors of the book are: Josie Lloyd & Emlyn Rees Title The title of this book is: The boy next door. The authors choose this title for the novel, because Fred was "the boy next door" for Mickey. They spent a lot of their childhood together, because they were neighbours. Pages The book has 293 pages. Year The novel was first published in 2001. Setting The story takes place in the 1980s and also fifteen years later (about 1995). The story takes place in Rushton, a village in England and in a town in England, but its name hasn’t been told.... [tags: Josie Lloyd Emlyn Rees]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- The Millionaire Next Door How does one earn the title of wealthy. Authors Dr. Thomas J. Stanley and Dr. William D. Danko have studied how people become wealthy for over twenty years. They have conducted research, written books, conducted seminars, and advised major corporations on whom the wealthy are and what are the characteristics of the affluent in America. The research for The Millionaire Next Door was comprised of personal, as well as focus group interviews, with more than 500 millionaires.... [tags: American Wealth Analysis Stanley Danko]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- There is a popular belief that aliens walked the Earth in ancient times, and these theories have created quite a stir in the scientific community. Ancient alien theorists, like Erich von Daniken and Zecharia Sitchin, believe that extraterrestrials came to earth thousands of years ago. Some hypothesize that ancient aliens are responsible for ancient technological wonders, and that they helped to shape human civilization. Furthermore, the belief that ancient gods were in fact aliens, misinterpreted as gods by the ancient people.... [tags: Ancient Aliens]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- On November 3 1997 the American broadcast announced that the planet earth was being invaded. The planet earth was being invaded by aliens. They wanted to take over the planet to mind the gold so they can repair there dying home planet atmosphere. Immediately they started to destroy the planet earth. I remember exactly what I was doing when the invasion happened. I was driving home listening to the radio, two feet away almost to my house and there it was interrupted by the broadcast “announcement everybody please listen up...we are being invaded by aliens, please don’t panic!” It starts by aliens are in the sky destroying everything and anything they see.... [tags: short story]
617 words (1.8 pages)
- For over a thousand years people have reported seeing strange objects flying in the sky. Today the unknown flying objects -UFOs continue to visit us, on a regular basis. A large amount of recorded historical events of this issue have taken place to give the subject of UFOs recognition. Recently, many individuals have claimed to witness or be part of fantastic stories that attract some while are turned away. Videotapes, photographs and pieces of physical evidence do support some of these stories.... [tags: essays research papers]
1857 words (5.3 pages)
The threat of an alien invasion is usually thought of as a plot for the latest movies made for television and the big screen, or the basis for a new book by authors such as Steven King, John Saul, or Robin Cook. Most people do not think that an alien invasion will occur at any given moment of any given day. If a person were asked what would happen if the Earth was occupied by alien beings, he or she would more than likely reply, "...you know, what happened in [fill in your favorite alien movie]..." Such movies and books have glorified what would happen during such an invasion. Movies and books like Invasion, Independence Day, and The Invasion of the Body Snatchers have made the people of Earth believe that alien beings are bad, and that if they are, we as a planet can beat them. The truth is that if these alien beings really did attack Earth they would have many more technological advances than the people of this planet.
Alien beings have been visiting our planet for many years. In The fields of South America, crop designs have be noticed for many generations. Surprisingly these designs do not become overgrown with vegetation as does the surrounding land. Some of these designs are circles, while others form pictures of people, some even form geometrical images. These designs are extremely large and expand for many miles. (Jackson 58) It has also been discovered that visitors from other worlds were reported by Ezekiel of the Bible.
Now it came to pass in the thirteenth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God....
Out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures...they had the likeness of a man....
Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures...
The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the color of a beryl: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel....
And when they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.
As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their wings were full of eyes round them four.
And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. (Emenegger, 3-4)
Some people believe that the governments of the world are hiding the knowledge of an alien presence on Earth. The largest of these conspiracies has to with the American government and an incident in Roswell, New Mexico. (Randle, Schmitt, 3) During the holiday weekend of July 1947, witness reported seeing and hearing a crash in the desert area around Roswell, New Mexico. One of the witnesses informed a friend who informed more people. Thanks to these people Roswell was not completely covered up by the military. A local sheepherder was the first to see the crash site, and apparently informed his friend Mac Brazel. Brazel was the second person to see the crash site. He reported the site to the army and also reported that he could see two non-human bodies in the aircraft. (Randle, Schmitt, 196)
The government and the military refuse to acknowledge the fact that UFOs do exist. They claim to possess no such knowledge. If the military believes this, why does the Air Force give it's cadets lessons about UFOs and how to deal with their presence? The Air Force even goes so far to hand each cadet a text book about the event of encountering a UFO. (Emenegger, 185)
Conferences concerning the presence of alien beings on Earth are being held all over the world. At the Rocky Mountain Conference in 1991, one-hundred-and-ninety people attended. This conference was held at the University of Wyoming. Most of the people are from wide open states such as Montana and Wyoming, but there are also people from other countries. Three-fourths of the people attending are abductees, while the other one-fourth consists of UFOlogists, reporters, researchers, and investigators. Many of the UFOlogists work for MUFON. The Mutual UFO Network is the largest UFO network in the United States. The other UFOlogists work for the New Being Project which is based at Berkeley.
The conference holds support group meetings for the abductees, the spouses of abductees, and the families of abductees. In the evenings there are UFO scholars giving lectures. June Parnell, who is one of the leaders of the conference says that no pictures or note taking is allowed...
Everyone will have time to talk, and it's confidential -- you know, like 'I'm June, and I'm an alcoholic.'
The question has been asked whether or not people really know if aliens do exist. When a person looks at the television or a movie screen, he or she is bound to see an alien representation. In movies like Independence Day and in television shows like "The X-Files" and "Millennium" people are shown that aliens do exist, and the writers know that this is what the people know and want.
There are many places in the universe where earth-like planets may exist. The star Vega is one such area. This star is the third brightest in the sky and is the primary star of the constellation Lyra. Until recently, Vega was thought to be the place to look for the formation of life. It is estimated that in approximately fourteen thousand years Vega will have developed enough to resemble the galaxy that surrounds our sun. Planets will have formed in the Vega system that can sustain life. It is even possible for Vega to have already produced planets around the size of Jupiter. (Jackson, 72-73)
The universe is fifteen billion years old. There are one hundred billion galaxies with over one hundred billion suns each...Many of these planets have Earth-like atmospheres and can support oxygen-breathing life forms... (Invasion)
Emenegger, Robert. UFO's Past, Present, and Future. New York: Ballantine Books, c. 1974.
Jackson, Robert. U.F.O.s. New York: Smithmark Publishing, c. 1992.
Randle, Kevin D., Schmitt, Donald R. The Truth about the UFO Crash at Roswell. New York: M. Evans, c.1994.
I was unable to locate the one magazine article that was written by Mr. Gordon.