Essay PreviewMore ↓
There were a lot of pictures taken that night, but out of all the pictures, this is the best one taken of everyone. Crouched down in front is Brent Dana. He has a grin on his face more than a smile. Brent hates pictures, and he doesn't smile in any of them; he is wearing his red "Rag Tails" shirt that he always wears. Next to Brent is Jade Walker. She has her hair back and is wearing her red "North Face" jacket. Jade has an adorable smile on her face. Next to Jade is Mary Attaway leaning over the table wearing a flowered backless shirt with a black sweater. To the right of Mary is Laura Jones. Laura is slightly leaning her head toward her right shoulder and is wearing a blue shirt with a drawstring tie in front. Laura has her arm around Erica Farnsworth, who has a yellow shirt and white jacket on. She looks especially happy; she is smiling from ear to ear.
Starting in the left hand comer (in row two) are Chad Phillips and Caitlin Pollock standing together. Chad has his arms around Caitlin's waist. He has this cute little grin, and Caitlin has a huge smile and rosy red cheeks. Brittany Wilkins is next to Caitlin with a puzzled look on her face, the face you would see in a hard Algebra II exam when you don't think you even learned what the question is asking.
How to Cite this Page
"Descriptive Essay: My First Surprise Party." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Nov 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Quinceanera, which is Spanish for Sweet 15, is a very popular celebration in the Spanish community. This is a very special day to both the mother and the daughter. This day signifies the transformation from a little girl to a young lady. It is a way of introducing a new woman to society. Turning 15 is the most important birthday for Spanish communities. Quinceaneras tend to be a big and elegant celebration in which every family member and friends collaborate to give the birthday girl the best party she has ever had.... [tags: Personal Narrative Descriptive]
1632 words (4.7 pages)
- The Photo This picture, probably the only one in existence of all my friends together, has more meaning than it seems. At first, it appears to be nothing more than a happy congregation of teenagers, all from the ages of fifteen to sixteen. In the background you can see a fence enclosing a sand volleyball court. My friends that are kneeling on the bottom row are Shawn (who is affectionately known as Goose because of his long neck and his last name being Gosselin) and Paul. The ones on the top row are, from left to right, Brad, Matt, Kayla, Charlie, Jenny, Greg, Brent, and Daniel.... [tags: Descriptive Essay Examples]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- ... While it is expected that the author displays bias, his tone is so condescending that you can almost imagine the author writing the words with a conceited smirk in his face. It’s not hard to imagine how someone who was living in North Korea would feel like after reading this explanation: indignation, annoyance, anger… But this isn’t the only time the tone of the author reaches an unpleasant level. The way he describes how these “lonely places” feel like he likens these places to “… the man who obsessively counts the names in the telephone book each night” (Iyer 33), which has a strong ableist language.... [tags: Third World, First World, Connotation, Label]
1333 words (3.8 pages)
- Happy Birthday Chase Life moves by quickly, but from the start of life to the end there are a special days where you celebrate the day of your birth. There are also particular birthdays that you show more special interest to than others. Some of which being, when you finally become a teenager, turning sixteen so you're finally able to drive, turning eighteen signifies you as an adult, turning twenty-one means you can buy alcohol, and if you're lucky enough turning a hundred means you've lived to be just plain old.... [tags: Descriptive Personal Narrative Birthday]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- ... As all the guests mingled and chatted, Skinner announced the first game was to begin. All the guests gathered in a circle to begin the first game. Just as they are about to begin someone notices Albert Einstein is missing. Albert had never been to Skinner’s halloween party and therefore he was unaware of the environment. “What a little stinker,” Skinner says, “he has a tendency to roam around and try to mend his curiosity needs, he’s an interesting one I tell you.” Skinner decides the first game will be to find Albert.... [tags: Psychology, Sigmund Freud, Unconscious mind]
1110 words (3.2 pages)
- Section 8 Chapter 5: The First American Party System Today, political parties are an authoritative and essential component of the United States political system. However, it is important to examine how the political parties began and evolved over hundreds of years, since they were first established. In 1794, the major political parties were the Federalists and the Democratic-Republicans. The major difference between these two was that the Federalists favored a strong central government, while the Democratic-Republicans preferred a central government with limited power and more state control.... [tags: Politics]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- “...history has taught us a lesson that should never be forgotten: America must be prepared to defend freedom whenever it is threatened. Should the occasion again arise when armaments are necessary- and history says it will- America shall be ready and so shall Sunflower Army Ammunition Plant” (Sunflower: War Arsenal). Many kids these days are wrapped up in their friends and the newest technological devices that they fail to read about rich history that helped shape the world they live in. The quote above brings me a sense of pride for the amazing state I live in; it makes me think of a time when internet sensations didn’t exist and neighbors would ban together under the American flag to cru... [tags: freedom, isolationism]
1543 words (4.4 pages)
- Mountain Resort For those who like winter sports like skiing and snowboarding, we have just the perfect place- the remote yet very popular mountain resort called Balea Lake. It is situated at an altitude of 2,034m, being the highest mountain resort of Romania. The cliffs are covered with snow from November till late July, sometimes still persisting till the new one arrives. First, you have to reach Balea Waterfall, and only afterwards try to get to the lake. Late spring is the best time to come- you take the main road and you’re disappointed cause you see no sign of snow and you think you have come such a long way for nothing.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
404 words (1.2 pages)
- The Nazi party was known as one of the most famous political system in the world. The Nazi party was made famous by many acts of cruelty. Despite all of the cruelty the Nazi party also made many polices which were good of their people and Germanys future. These polices include: Banning of Vivisection, Animal Conservation, Anti-Tobacco Movement, Welfare programs, The Volkswagen, Autobahn, Father of Modern Rocketry, Innovations in Film, and Medical advances. In April 1933 German became the first country to Bann Vivisection.... [tags: Adolf Hitler, Nazi Germany, Nazism, Nazi Party]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- A violin song pulls us out of sleep, dreams of trains and pineapples, like a silk rope. He notices the morning light come to the wall. In the city we left only a few days ago, we learned about waking up before dawn, not to the light, but to the stirring that moves the blood in our thighs and hands. The morning was ancient before the sun even rose. Rising early in New York City allows you to hear the birds on the street. When we emerged from the tight doorway leading out of the apartment, I saw that the color of the sidewalk and street matched the tone of the sky.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
513 words (1.5 pages)
You might be wondering what had happened when this picture was taken and why it was so important to me. It all started on the afternoon of March 31, 2000. It was cool outside, but you could feel the warmth of the sun on your skin as my friends and I sat in the grass. A lot of the girls and I had gone down to the baseball fields to watch the freshman baseball game. We were sitting in the grass watching the boys win another game, but what I couldn't figure out was why everyone kept talking off to the side. I felt as if everyone was leaving me out, just me for some reason.
I was already pretty disappointed that day because it was Friday and I wasn't really doing much that night. It seemed as if all my friends had their own plans going. I finally decided to go out to eat with my sister, her boyfriend, Parker, and my friend, Laura Jones.
When the game ended, everyone went his or her separate directions. I had to wait with Laura Jones at the Fieldhouse for a while till Lauren could pick us up. We had gone and gotten ready, but I hadn't worried too much about how I looked because I didn't think I would see many people I knew. As we sat outside waiting for Lauren and Parker, the weirdest thing happened. Laura, who was sitting about ten feet from me, sprang up and ran over to grab my face to tell me, "I want... to rent scary movies tonight!"
All I could answer was, "...Okay." Lauren and Parker then picked us up, and we decided to go to eat at Sticky Fingers.
The four of us walked in, and it was very crowded, yet we got seated immediately. When I turned the corner all these people suddenly jumped out and yelled "SURPRISE!" I was like a shocked deer in headlights. All I could do was cover my mouth.
Everything made sense from that point on. March 31 is the day after my birthday, and my sister had decided to throw a surprise party for me. At the game the girls had been talking on the side without me because they were discussing the party plans. Laura had jumped up to ask me to rent movies because Lauren was driving by and she didn't want me to see the car drive by. Lauren was making her final round to pick up all my friends to shuttle them downtown. It's amazing how many times the secret of the party was almost blown.
All the confusion of the day finally made sense, and this picture is very important to me because it captures the excitement of my first surprise party. It was a perfect night, and I am so glad that I have this wonderful picture to reflect on the fun my friends and I had.