Essay PreviewMore ↓
The above pictures are two screen shots that I downloaded of the
website www.esporta.com. The first picture is the front page of the
website. This is very effective as a front page because the page using
a colour contrast of bright orange and white attracts the person to
keep reading through the website, where as the second screenshot is
the introduction page to there website, is not as effective because it
has not been thought out so much. You can tell this because when you
look at the page you can see that it does not contain a lot of
information or pictures. This is access after you have entered the
website through the link "I'm not a member yet, lets have a look
around". There is also flash animation package, which is a constant
moving image/picture, on the both pages of the website. This also
encourages people to enter the website and look around because it
The layout of the front page has a 70/30 header and footer. The bright
orange is at the top of the page and the white at the bottom. The
introduction does not good as there is a lot of unused white space,
and not many pictures and information. This makes the page look bare
and will put people off entering the website.
The textual size is size 16 on the front page is very effective. This
is because of the contrast between the orange and white makes the
webpage look professional, smart and better quality when compared to
the introduction page which has just plain white writing on a plain
white background. The layout of the website uses paper size A4 and is
[IMAGE]The text on the introduction page is too small to read. Font
size 10 has been used for the titles and font size 8 for the normal
writing on the page.
The idea of putting swimming photos and aerobics photos on the
How to Cite this Page
"Critique for Esporta Website." 123HelpMe.com. 29 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Critique of “OPEC” – The Website OPEC stands for “Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries” and is comprised of the largest oil-producing nations of the world. Through OPEC, these Member Countries work together to control the price and availability of oil--one of the most significant commodities in today’s worldwide economy. Founded in September of 1960 with headquarters in Vienna, the OPEC organization is currently comprised of twelve member countries (History of OPEC, 1). OPEC’s mission is defined in a formal organizational statute that identifies their role “to coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order t... [tags: Website Review]
1784 words (5.1 pages)
- This report gives a critique of The Times Online website using a number of design aspects which include searchability, Navigation, usability, design, interactivity and content. The main problems identified in the website include a mixture of main content with advertisement content, too long pages and some of the images appearing to be quite blurred. The recommendations for redesign include separating advertisement content from the main content by placing it on top of the page just before the logo, shortening the pages and using hyperlinks to get to various sections and using high resolution images on the site.... [tags: the times, navigation, website]
2018 words (5.8 pages)
- Critique of a Website Web sites are just like magazines, newspapers, brochures, menus, or even directions on how to make nitroglycerin from house-hold goods, in that they all have to be put together in such a manner that whoever is reading or browsing over it will be able to clearly distinguish this from that. In this sense, a critique of any particular web site will have justification, while carefully considering also that this is an altogether new medium of information exchange. Now, all of this talk of togetherness is actually a general reference to basic design principles, such as color coordination, if color is used, text size, font choice/ style, art integration, accessibility, and j... [tags: Website Design Analysis Essays Papers]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- Blogger vs. WordPress the Winner Revealed There are so many website hosting platforms and websites available on the internet for blogging purposes and many others. Two very eminent names which come to mind when it comes to blog hosting is Blogger and WordPress. Since newbies find it very difficult as to which of these two to choose, it is very imperative for everybody who would love to own a blog get know the differences in features that they both share and have. They both have some features which clearly differentiate them and clearly make one win when it comes to which of them is the best.... [tags: Blog, Blogger, Website, Pyra Labs]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- We are a website development company that is focused solely on the quality of our work and the efficiency of our website design and development operations performed by our experienced design teams. We offer a wide variety of website development options guaranteed to be effective in making your website stunning and captivating to any customers or visitors that you may receive. Professional Web Design Company Web applications are continuing to expand and have become more complicated than they once were.... [tags: Website, Web design, World Wide Web, Design]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- “If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday,” quoted Pearl Buck. Most everyone has a time in their life where history becomes important to them. Whether that be tracing back family heritage, writing a research essay, or just out of curiosity. All and all, history is very influential to people’s lives and what better way to learn about history then to visit the website “Image Archive on the American Eugenics Movement.” This credible website offers an opportunity for the public to learn more about our American history in an interactive and creative way.... [tags: Website Review, Reliable Sources]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- In England in 2009 smoking attributed to over 81,000 deaths in those over 35 years old, 18 per cent of all deaths in this age group (The Information Centre NHS, 2011). Over sixty years ago the causal link between smoking and lung cancer was recognized (Doll, R. and Hill, A., 1950). Since that time smoking has been linked to numerous types of cancer (IARC, 2002) and other diseases (NHS Choices, 2009). As a consequence the nurses' role in promoting smoking cessation is vital. Effectiveness in this role depends upon understanding the evidence in order to overcome any misunderstandings that patients may have.... [tags: Website Review]
2227 words (6.4 pages)
- A website is a source where people can find information about a company or entrepreneurship. A website will also help expand a business by being able to communicate with customers and employees in an effective manner. The cost of a website is inexpensive in which there is only a one-time fee. Competition exists in every business that will lead to innovation that will introduce new products and methods in which all businesses need. This website will make it convenient to make any changes or new advertisements for a business.... [tags: Web hosting service, Website, Web server]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Medium of production, textual form, perspective and choice of language are all core factors in influencing the meaning of a text. Choice of language can play a pivotal role in providing an insight into the author of a texts' perspective, which is vital when determining the intended meaning of a text. Textual form and the medium of production of a text are also important, as these help to convey the author's perspective, and results in a better understanding of the meaning of the text. The impacts of these factors will be evaluated in the following examples, which illustrates how they can influence meaning in texts, in regards to the relationships between individual memory and documented... [tags: Website Analysis]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Summary The article The Science of Desire presents ethnography and its proponents play an important role in modern business world. Author Ante began with an example, the satellite-radio war, to show how ethnography worked in business. In satellite-radio war, Sirius Satellite Ratio made a team of social scientists, designers, and ethnographers. Through studying customers’ habit of listening to music, watching TV and reading magazines, the team concluded several facts that can defeat competitors.... [tags: Article Analysis Critique]
1247 words (3.6 pages)
gets the viewer interested and wants to find out what activities there
This advertisement pops up when you click on "Im not a member" link.
This would be closed immediately by the majority of the viewers, but
it still increases the fact that Esporta can help you lose weight,
hence the slogan "Drop a size for Christmas"
[IMAGE] On the left of the home page, where are many different links
and pictures, shown below.
The "find my nearest club" link, help you find your local Esporta
club. This is actually a very clever idea because if you live close to
a club, you are very likely to join.
If you have decided to join Esporta because it looks 'fun' and you
live near a club, you click on virtual tour to have a look what
Esporta clubs look like. When you click on the link it opens up the
page and instantly shows the amazing picture of the pool, shown below.
This would amaze the viewer and make you think that you would
definitely want to join.
Read features about all of your favourite health and fitness topics.
Get on the Freeway
On the right of the home page there are 3 links, which are "Sona
positive health physio service" which is a physiotherapy service,
"health articles" containing a list of articles which explains what to
eat and how to lose weight etc, this is here to show that Esporta does
care about it customers, and finally there is a link taking you to
Esporta's freeway page, al shown above.
There is not much text on Esporta's home page navigation bar, shown
above, but if you place your mouse over one of the options then a drop
down box appears with more links explaining in more detail how Esporta
works and what it can offer you.
At the bottom of the page there is an option to change the language of
the page, shown above. The language options are English, Spanish,
Swedish and German.
The suitability of the website is aimed at a particular age group;
this is around 15 - 40. I can see this because only parts of the
website look fun and interesting, this means that the mature teenagers
and adults have to be bothered to look into the website and find out
more details about it. I can also check this because on the
readability statistic shown below is states that the Flesch-Kincaid
Grade Level is about 9.5. Readability is the quality of written
language that makes it easy to read and understand. This means that
the website is for year 10's or 11's.
The main aim of this web site is to establish a means of communication
with the readers and customers and to promote Esporta and inform you
about themselves and what they have to offer certain people.
· Some spelling mistakes corrected.
· Created Suitability Section, including audience identified, purpose
implied, layout section extended and readability evidence.
· Added annotation to screenshots.