Essay PreviewMore ↓
Im am going to analyse a music group website, the website address is
www.rolldeepcrew.com and its all about a band called roll deep crew.
Its all about a crew from the underground of garage that like to make
there own version of music.
This is what the front page looks like:
From the front page it look professional there's a little intro that
you can either choose to watch or skip. This is good as you can
clearly see where you have to click if you want to get rid of the
intro. The videos good as it doesn't take all day to load and it shows
what roll deep crew is all about, making music. The colour of the
front page its vivid colours this shows that this music is underground
garage and its all very dark and secret. The right is bright white so
it stands out more, which is good, as you don't need to concentrate to
find the words that you want.
Then when you get on to the front page there is a list of headings,
which you can choose from:
Lyrics (still being developed)
These are the main links that the people who view the site use so
these are the bits that are updated as soon as it's out of date. This
is good as it basically outlines the website very simply and user
friendly. You can also find anything you want to now about roll deep
crew in under five clicks of the mouse, which is very useful and
doesn't waste your time. When you click on one of the menus it should
take more then 7 seconds as well or people start getting bored and
From the start to the finish on this website they always use the same
background which is black, green and sliver writing.
How to Cite this Page
"Basics of Web Page Design." 123HelpMe.com. 06 Apr 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The very best practices for web design keep progressing gradually. There are no set rules while making an internet site. The appearance that the client needs, the functionality of the site and the business requires all play a vital role in the design of the website. Though many of the things are not absolute, there are certain things that are essential while making websites. The website will not be complete if any of these aspects is not there. These basics can play a major part in helping your website rank well in search results.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web design]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- My Favorite Web Site and Why Some Works Cited Missing In contrast to most of the other people in this class, I had never done any net surfing. So to prepare for this paper I explored the WWW for approximately seven hours. This helped to create an impression on me of what constitutes a good Web site. Finally, I decided on a favorite SF/CP Web site and I asked myself what made this site better than others. The Web site is dedicated to William Gibson (Foley) site which scrolls a picture of the writer on the site projecting an air of authority.... [tags: Analysis Web Design Essays]
1470 words (4.2 pages)
- One would think with this day in age, most if not all websites we see on the internet would be set up to bring in the most number of customers as possible. Through a brief search of the internet, this was found to not be so. There are hundreds of websites that either use incorrect font size, use outdated servers causing the webpage to load very slowly, or either has too much or too little “eye candy” to draw in consumers. To start this case study off, we will first focus on a website I found that is an example of some of these traits.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web page, Typography]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- One would think in this day in age, the designs created for the websites seen on the internet would bring in the largest number of customers as possible. However, upon searching the internet, the results concluded to prove otherwise. There are hundreds of websites that either use incorrect font size, use outdated servers, causing the web page to load slowly, or either has too much or too little “eye candy” to draw in consumers. This case study will start by first focusing on a website I found that is an example of some of these traits.... [tags: World Wide Web, Web page, Website, Web server]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- Background Importance of Topic “Currently, we use the web quite differently than the purpose for which it was originally conceived” (Murugesan, 14). With this in mind, it’s important to realize the concept of the web has changed all around us. In the early years of web application development, developers were given a set of basic options as to which web development technologies to choose from ranging from Ajax to Ruby on Rails (Taivalsaari, 4). Now the number of web technologies spans greater and greater by the day, just like the web itself; web applications have begun to vary wildly in scope and complexity (Murugesan, 14).... [tags: World Wide Web, Web 2.0, Web page]
1415 words (4 pages)
- According to Eccher (2015, p. 169), before a designer begins to build a website, he/she must understand the infrastructure of a web page. As affirmed, a good website is aesthetically pleasing, is usable, and is functional. Web designers seek to have a mortised website. Having a good layout where content is easy to find and to follow achieves the usability aspect of web design. To achieve functionality and aesthetics, one needs good content layout. There exist two types of website design layouts: fixed layout and fluid layout.... [tags: Web browser, World Wide Web, Web page, Web design]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- USA.gov is the official web portal of government of the USA for all governmental information and services. It is administrated by USAGov, a division of U.S. General Services Administration’s Technology Transformation Service. It was created by an internet entrepreneur, Eric Brewer as a powerful search engine for the U.S. government on September 22, 2000, with a website link FirstGov.gov which later was later modified on January 2007 to USA.gov by being mandated through section 204 of E-Government Act of 2002.... [tags: President of the United States]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Efficiency and Web Page Design One of the biggest challenges for web designers today is trying to have a ‘killer app’, yet make it efficient enough for the common surfer. We’re talking about file size. Zona Research (June 1999) reported that 70% of online users were only connected at 56K or less. Granted this number may have decreased a bit in the last 16 months, but the fact is, most people have a slow connection. As a surfer browses through the numerous sites on the web, they want to see the information the site has to offer.... [tags: Internet Cyberspace Essays]
1640 words (4.7 pages)
- Primus Web Site Design The goals of the Primus Web site are to retain existing customers, draw new ones and lower Primus' customer support costs. To meet these goals the Web site is being designed around a multi-point value package, described below. Value Package The components of the value offering are: 1) Stress-free experience for site visitors and customers 2) Professional quality research 3) Readily available quotes, available via a variety of media 4) Tools to allow customers to manage their portfolios 5) Customized advisory services 6) Online investment "workshop" experiences Service Selection Process During the previous three quarters Primus selected service offerings based on avail... [tags: Web Design]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- Web Page Analysis While browsing the enormous variety of sites and home pages on the World Wide Web, it is difficult to compare and contrast items that do not have anything in common. How can we say the "Wall Street Journal page" is better than "Joe's Page of Craziness?" Therefore the first step in critiquing web pages is by determining their purpose. The goal of a web page can vary from presenting factual information such as the "CIA Page," or displaying one's own computer generated art. Hence, the only way to judge a page is by examining what it tries to accomplish, and how it achieves its goal.... [tags: Web Design Analysis Essays Papers]
1686 words (4.8 pages)
- Investigating the Resistance of Wires
- Investigation of Osmosis
- Six Week Personal Exercise Program
- The Rate of Reaction between Thiosulphate and Hydrochloric Acid
- United States' Involvement in the Vietnam War
- Investigating the Rate of Reaction Between Marble Chips and the Varying Concentrations of Hydrochloric Acid
consistency and will bring familiarity to the regular fans that check
This pages target audience is aim at around 18yr olds, middle class,
so they stick to the basics of what they need to know. This is
demonstrated on the front page instead of loads of writing there are
40 words, which basically tell you who are the main member of the
group. This means that you don't spend ages reading the first page; it
means that you can spend longer on the other parts of the web page.
The writing is also very bright white so it stands out an you don't
have to take ages looking for the bit of information.
As you click on the picture heading you instantly get picture of the
people in the group holding microphones and live performances. This is
good as the main things that bring human eyes to the page are the
faces of really people. Also all the pictures are small and thoughtful
and used very sparingly. This is good as it means the website can run
quicker then if it had massive pictures. But also if you want the
larger pictures of the small images then you click on the picture you
want and the small picture enlargers on the page.
This site is also good as it uses no moving images which will mean
that people will get less irritated which will mean people will stay
on the site longer.
There are plenty of navigation aids which make the site easy to use
for people of all ages and it also means the site is very user
They update every week with the new forum topics and if they have
brought a new song out they will put it on the audio heading and also
if its good they will bring it out as a ringtones.
It is also very printer friendly the lyrics that are coming soon to
the site can be viewed as a printer friendly page.
Business to business website I am look at a wholesalers under the
website www.wdeals.co.uk and I think this is a nice website to look at
for a wholesalers.
The front page is very simple and plain:
This basically is you see you can get it, there are a few off the new
in offers on the front page but there is a whole list of products you
can buy off them in bulk. As you click on the a link under one of the
pictures it will take you to this page:
As you can see it is very plain and simple it tells you the amount of
products you're getting, the price off one of your products then the
price over all for all the products. It also show you a picture of the
product you buying and a bit of information. I also think this is good
as it tell you the RRP price for one off them which means this can
help you work out your profit if you can sell them all.
This site is also good as its a protected site which means all the
details you give the site is well protected from hackers and other
companies. It also means the company cannot give your information away
unless they have permission.
The colours are pretty boring the background is just black and white
and its really plain
Also another annoying thing is pops up for another company shows up,
which you can't, get rid off for at least a minute so it's really
Another good thing on this site is that you can see what other people
brought when they brought this product so it helps with new ideas and
this gets you better stock prospects.
Easyjet has a very interesting website which is good for all the
countries across the world as on the start up page there is a screen
which tells you which language you want to view the site in:
Then after you click on your specified language it will take you to a
page like this:
This basically gives you a map and a list of place that where you can
go. The really good thing about this site is that its interactive and
when you click on the link for England it shows you all the available
destinations that you can travel to like from Liverpool you can go to
It also shows you options off if you want a single flight or if you
want a package holiday.
It also has a up to date live flight schedule so you can see if you
flight has been delayed before you even get to the airport.
The colours are bright and stand out so its makes you interested in
the site. It also draws your eyes away from the boring facts and make
the ones where they want to take money off you stand out even more.
It also tell you about the latest new from the company which is good
as it will tell you the truth about the company.