Essay PreviewMore ↓
birds are always singing and the sky never turns grey. I sat on the
beach with the golden sun shining through the almost tanned yellow
sand, the colours complementing each other in a rich luxurious
As I sat there with my with my auntie’s homemade lemonade, which at
the time I thought was the best drink ever made. My attention was
quickly caught by a brown haired girl who sat all alone just a few
yards away from me.
At this point I kept thinking to myself whether I should get up and
"accidentally" trip next to her.
How to Cite this Page
"Original Writing." 123HelpMe.com. 12 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Original Writing My writing as a poet has been heavily influenced by writers like Langston Hughes, Nikki Giovanni, Alice Walker and Slam poets such as Black Thought and the Last Poets. These writers write and speak about the struggles and uniqueness of Black culture. Their individual experiences and political stances as well as the influences of other artist are evident in their work. For example in Giovanni’s poem “Revolutionary Music” she quotes some of the lyrics from Sam Cooke and James Brown to illustrate her personal views on racism and the equal rights movements.... [tags: Plagiarism Influence Authors Argumentative Essays]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Original Writing My parents had gone to my dad’s work’s dinner and dance and my sister had gone to the pub with some friends. I was home alone. I was sitting in the living room watching the cricket on TV, when I got a phone call: it was my sister, I couldn’t understand her and then I hung up, I thought to myself that was a bit weird, but thought nothing of it. She got back about two minutes later, she said “I’ve been in a car crash” she said. She was with two mates, one had been in the car with her and the other had been driving behind her.... [tags: Free Essays]
396 words (1.1 pages)
- Original Writing Krrrriiiinnggg!!!. Ah, the sound of that bell never sounded so blissful on that day. It was time for our so-called sem-break while actually having trimesters. Everyone was so eager to get out of the classroom and go to their pre-planned gimmicks. Some were going to malls, some to their usual hang-out place, and others were itching to play basketball. I thought this break would be a lot of fun and that it would be a very good opportunity for me to catch up on the sleep I have been missing.... [tags: Papers]
451 words (1.3 pages)
- Original Writing The Rink, a place of glory, and defeat, a place of love, and hate. As you walked down the tiled corridor, your foot steps echo back and forth, your breath joins the echoing so the foot steps are not lonely. You are walking across at fast pace but as you go past there is pictures nailed up on the wall showing faces of delight. Looking at these pictures you hear shouting and cheering, it was the caught moment of past glory; it was a picture of you. There in fount of you there is a brass shiny door knob, you place your worn hand on it and as you do there is a white flash.... [tags: Free Essays]
407 words (1.2 pages)
- Original Writing I can't have been more than about 3 at the time. This is the main reason I can't remember much about this particular time. From the snippets I do remember, I shall try to explain to you, my last few days before I had to leave Turkey to come to London. I didn't actually know that this day was going to be different from any other; but when you're 3 you don't actually have much control over what your day will be like so this was pretty much a given. My first memory of the day consists of the daily routines after you get up: washing your face, brushing your teeth.... [tags: Papers]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- Original Writing "A distant howl broke the silence" "Come on, time to go!" I heard Mum shouting. I quickly jumped off my bed and grabbed my green rucksack. On the way out of the bedroom I whipped my baseball off the peg and sat it on my head. Down the stairs I ran and stroked the cat on my way out. It was time to go. I spent the last week packing and unpacking my bag. I was so excited that I couldn't think about anything else. This was finally the day I had been looking forward to for the last two months.... [tags: Papers]
657 words (1.9 pages)
- Original Writing I will be writing a story about an American Family, who has a very intelligent twelve year old child. Who has to undergo an Intelligence test, to see how bright he actually is. After a few hours of waiting, the results return and prove to be conclusive, and, as a result the boy is forced to have his brain removed. And replaced because he is seen as a threat to the future. It is either this, or faces Imprisonment. 'So, it's tomorrow then?', groaned the twelve year old boy.... [tags: Papers]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Original Writing Having always been of an inquisitive mind, the complex processes involved in the natural sciences especially fascinate me; which is why I have chosen to study biomedical science for my degree subject. What I enjoy most about the study of living organisms is the ability to study them right down at its cellular level and learning about the endless ways in which factors can affect them in health and disease. The accomplishments gained from simply knowing how cells function make research worthwhile, since the exciting paths encompassing the ideas in cytology can lead to so many beneficial advantages to society, for example in uses such as biotechnolog... [tags: Papers]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- Original Writing A crunch of pebbles as a perfectly crafted square of engineered metal falls to the beach. 5 figures crawl from their vessel onto a dreary beachhead. The rain beat down on a terrible Tuesday night. Silver, a man in his prime of physical fitness, shivered in the cold. Like lambs his men followed him intently, without question. In their minds, however, they were at home. With their wives and girlfriends, away from the war. Too many men have perished on this 2-mile stretch of coastline for man to contemplate, for a war that is yet to be understood.... [tags: Papers]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- Original Writing The tranquil skyline of New York was the setting for my office. I was on the 42nd floor working for the world leading G.H.Martin & Son, the stockbrokers. My office had some of the most beautiful views in the world. You could look out of the window and look at all of the boats in the docks going about their daily business. When I used to stay at work late, you could see the beautiful red sun going down behind the buildings, I could not have wished for anything better.... [tags: Papers]
618 words (1.8 pages)
- Employment Laws
- Casting Actors to Play Helena and Hermia from William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Believing in God's Existence
- Accounting for the Differences Between the Front Pages of Two Daily National Newspapers Printed on the Same Day
- How Crime and Deviance Can Be Seen As Functional for Society
- A Little Mistake - Original Writing
minutes, which was enough time to finish my drink, I decided ‘what the
heck’- I didn't have anything to lose.
As I Got up, I folded my massive blue and green beach towel, which I
got on the market for a whopping 45 rupees, just around £2 sterling. I
placed my sandals on slowly, giving me a chance to glance over one
more time towards her direction.
To my most horrific shock I saw the most horrific sight! Sitting right
next to her was some blonde haired guy, wearing the coolest outfit I
had ever seen!
After a few short seconds, once the adrenalin from the shock had died
down I decided I still wanted to go and get up, but only to stretch my
legs, ( well, that was at the what I told myself) and besides, the
water was looking really nice, the sun had reflected of the water
causing the most natural sea blue I had ever seen.
I walked to the water, near to the edge, allowing the waves only to
slightly touch my feet. In my utmost efforts, I tried to listen to
what they were saying to each other. As I did this, in all my efforts
to look inconspicuous, I tripped and fell right next to them!!
The middle age looking 21 who had lypo suction and a fake six pack
blond guy looked over at me and started laughing!! He got up and still
laughing came over, and said "Ooops! Heh, now that's that’s a trip to
“Sorry dude” I got up, brushed off my legs, and with a little "hmph" I
walked off. Okay I thought to my self, if he had been sincere, fine, I
wouldn't have been so mad.
But if he had been any more fake I'm sure he would have turned into
plastic or something! Anyway, I sat down by the water and fantasized
about how wonderful it would be if it were me with her. Soon though,
in thinking that, my anguish turned into anger, and my anger into
Hatred for that mean guy who had what belonged to me! I wanted to go
up to him and hit him across the face and I wanted to show her who was
the boss. I wanted to show her what happens to people who are rude to
In my thoughts, I saw them both running up to the water, hand in hand,
laughing. I sat there, staring at the girl, wishing as hard as I could
that something could perhaps attack him or something, leaving me with
the girl. Suddenly, almost as if someone were answering my prayer, and
giant shark came and took the guy away! She turned and looked in my
direction. She then walked over to me, and took me her arms, telling
me I was the only one she ever wanted. We walked hand in hand back to
my smooth; base pumping and sleek sky- blue BMW Z-4. We drove off in
style with everyone trying to get a glimpse of who the couple was.
With the sun setting behind the back of us.
Aaah, if only life was like that. The things I imagine when on holiday
I sometimes surprise myself, oh- well, Amazing is all I can say. After
day dreaming that little scenario, I got up, got my things together,
and without another look at the two lovebirds, I left. Went home, took
a long soak in the bath tub while reading Exchange and mart, then went
to bed. I realized beauty always is put over intelligence. Perhaps
someday someone would realize to look inside a person before the look
at the outside. (that goes for cars too.)